• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now taking requests for Ruby scripts (RMXP)

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Hi everybody how are you? I've been teaching myself the Ruby programming language and I need to actually work on scripts to learn more. In this regard we can help eachother. I can try to make you the scripts you need while I get the practice I need.

FOR PEOPLE TOO LAZY TOO READ THE WHOLE POST: I am now taking requests for Ruby scripts.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • This is too advanced for someone learning to script, but, as you get better, you could try to create aPokemon custom battle system. Anyway, try to set up your own goals, then share the resulting scripts.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Actually, I've found out that people have been taking the wrong route to making this pokemon CBS. If you try to script it then you have to change nearly every script in the lot. I've found a better way that uses switches and variables instead. look at my thread about a starterkit.

Oh and thanks for the encouragement.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    If you mean catching pokemon than yes in a way. I can't script that in ruby yet but i can do it using events. If you don't mind using events than let me know and ill tell u how to do it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2009
    i need help

Hi i need your help with making a pokemon cathing system with events can you help me.thanks my yahoo im is millspaughjr

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    Oi mate, how about you try makeing me these two, a hp/sp display, with player name, lv and exp. Bars would be nice ^^ I only need it to show up for one chara, hero one. And also a script that lets you set Potions to a hot key. the last one sounds like it would be way to hard for a beguiner, lol. Well, email me if you decide to give it a shot. [email protected]

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Ok to anyone else who wants this i am now working on it and will post it here.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    I Could do a pkmn menu but it's been done alot and since there's no option for customization i dont think ill bother srry. u can find it on this site somewhere, idid but i forget where

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Hmm... Thank you for a really good request. I'll try that one. I may end up doing it not in ruby i'm not sure(i may use events to do it)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    Oi mate, still working on these systems? lol, you got a lot on your plate, you may need to slow down a bit, you know, one thing at a time?

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Hmmm... I really don't think that'd be worth a script. It's easier to do in an event. just do show picture for each frame of the animation.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    If you are taking the requests, do take them. There's no such thing as "not worth a script"...

Just a heads up.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    ha ha woops, i suppose i sounded rude huh? actually i just meant to suggest an easier way that also wouldn't reduce compatibility with other scripts that's all

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Ooh, that'd be hard... I'll try after I learn some more but, as the first post states, I'm still learning this.

Back