• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Now that you've played B/W...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
  • Now that mostly everyone has had a chance to play Black and White, what do you guys think when you go back to play this? With all the gameplay and graphical changes in black and white, and the fact that you can only find new Pokemon in them, do you find that HG and SS feel much older than they should?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Yes actually :/ Not much else to say...HG/SS feels really old now :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I can never be bothered to carry on with SS once I start it up, yet I want to :(

Same here...the only thing I use my HG for is for my breeding/trading thread. Other than that, I can barely look at it lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    I still love HG/SS.

I, though I seem to be part of a minority, actually like the old, non-moving, pokémon sprites better than the moving sprites in B/W.

Plus some of the attack animations, because either sped up or cut short, look silly in B/W, imo.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Not really. I find the graphics to be a little bland now (the same can be said for all the previous games now...) but other than that, SoulSilver is still my favorite game of the DS generation. Pokemon Black is a great game, don't get me wrong... but something about SoulSilver has me hooked. It's lasting playability is a lot stronger for me. I can deal with the old graphics simply because I love the old gameplay. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    The length of Soul Silver and Heart Gold make the games superior in my opinion.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • It feel just a little different, but not by much. I actually feel that HG/SS are quite old now. I still go back once in awhile to listen to the awesome music play.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • They feel sort of old and sort of new. The fact that they were in Johto and Kanto makes them feel old. But they were made very recently. Ever since Black and White came out I haven't played them because my Black needs training.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I never played HeartGold or SoulSilver when they first came out, so I am really excited to see Kanto in the new DS graphical style, but other than that, the more I dive into the game, it is feeling a hell of a lot more recycled than FireRed and LeafGreen...that is really weird to me...considering they are both remakes.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I bought SS on release day and I have only just done the Lugia fight. I really couldn't finish it I was just bored of it. Black and white got me re-interested in the games as a whole though and I will go back and play it for the legendarys.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I'll go back and play them sometime, but I've completed SoulSilver and I only have the TRU Arceus Event left to do. I still haven't done it even though I got Arceus at TRU a long time ago.

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
    Years
  • I think B/W Is better! Cheren is fun too battle unlike past rivals!Also,the hp in/decreasing is awesome! And you can now reuse tms! I was Hoping very strongly they`d do that!!!The Title Legendarys Are pretty Basic But cool!Theres New moves that create Extremly great tricks that can wipe any pokemon team out! And,i compared the speed between HG/Black/Pearl and Pearl is soooooooooo slow compared to HG and Black T~T

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • I like them both, HG/SS doesn't really feel that old to me. The only thing that feels older about it is perhaps the HP bars.

I mean, HG/SS had the touch screen menu. It also has ribbons and the Pokeathlon instead of ~nothing~ and the Musical. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the B/W Pokedex has no way of searching... |:

But B/W has better In-Blanket in my opinion. HG/SS is longer, sure, but it's not really that hard. B/W, however, had me actually using drugs and swapping out during Arrests.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll come back to HG/SS every once in a while to do the Battle Factory, as well as to take care of some unfinished EV training projects.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I don't know, but going back to my HGSS totally makes me feel that they're so pain in the a** now, it's so much slower compared to B&W! xD Still, I still love the Pokemon following you thing in HGSS so it's still my favourite !

Pokemon Ranger Lisa

Without a voice...
    Years
  • i was just thinking that!! XDD

Because I was gonna go play Soul Silver the other day, and then I felt like it seemed too old suddenly.. so I went back to playing White, but then Heart Gold and Soul Silver aren't really even old.. But i guess it's a huge jump from any of the old Pokemon games to Black and White. they're so different even though hg/ss just came out last year. it feels so weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back