• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NPC leading you into a building?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2015
    I'm making my first game in RPG Maker XP and I'm doing well so far using the Wiki and youtube videos (I will be sure to credit every last one of you if I manage to finish) but I'm stuck at this point.

I want a leading NPC to lead you into a building and talk to another NPC, like how Lance does at the Lake of Rage in G/S. I've figured out how to transfer the player into the building, but not the leading NPC.

Also, is there a way to make a map permanently nighttime? I've been looking for this information everywhere and toying around for hours trying to figure it out and am getting nowhere.

Thank you, I really appreciate any help.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Well, im not into RPG making, and i dont know a lot about Rom Hacking neither, but the easiest way of doing it woud be making a script that activates just when entering the building AFTER talking to that NPC (maybe with flags?) and that makes the NPC appear, then clearing that flag so that it doesnt activate other times.
    And the full night time thing, cant you just set the tiles for that map not to change even in daytime?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2015
    Oh, I figured it out. I'll type it in here in case anyone in the future needs it.

What I had to do was, once the player and leading NPC reached the door, I had turn on Control Self Switch A after the transfer, then set up a second events page with no graphic with the condition "Self Switch A = ON." This makes the leading NPC disappear from outside after you both enter the house.
    Then, back on the first event page I found a blank control switch and set it to switch ON at the end of the event. (I found a seemingly blank switch 59 and re-named it "Daisy enters Roland's house") Then I set another event inside the house with a condition "Switch 59 = ON" to make the leading NPC re-appear inside the house.

Back