• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NPC's that made you lol

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
  • So what NPC's in the games made you laugh or wish your character could talk so you could tell them something funny?

For me there were a whole lot.

1. Red's mom in SS. After Red kicked my butt, I go visit her, and she's like, "I wonder where Red went..." I wanted to scream that her son is busy being a hermit on top of a mountain and just kicked my butt. BUT I COULDN'T.

2. Cyrus's uncle that hangs out in Sunyshore in Pt. Again, I wanted to scream "HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK FOR THE PAST YEAR? Your nephew has been running around attempting to undo the fabric of the universe and is now in some other dimension!" These are times when I really wish PC's weren't silent.

3. Those two guys who stand across from each other in Opelucid, in Black. If you don't want the other guy to know your secrets, don't live with him!

4. Looker, in Black. He's Looker and he's ridiculous, but he was even more French in BW.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Somehow, I find Barry in D/P/Pt amusing because of how he's always in a rush and has a habit of bumping into other people.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Red's mom in R/B/Y/FR/LG.

"Right. All boys leave home some day. It said so on TV."

I thought it was funny how she gets her parenting skills from the TV.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Barry! hes so funny and cheeky. especially the moment when the one city in DPPt had the bomb. He hid behind the sign thingy while everyone was panicking

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Of course youngster Joey with his top percentage Rattata :)
    Also regular trainers from Battle Frontier in Emerald - sometimes they say something that is completely wtf.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • "My name is Elesa. I'm this town's Gym Leader. I also happen to be a model." - Elesa.

You should just go on ahead and close this thread now, Syd. No one's going to top that! :D

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    random chef on the S.S. Anne towards the back in the kitchen in r/b/y;

"I Peel Spuds Everyday."

what an existence XD

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • Team Rocket. I remember someone in R/B/Y saying something like, "Team Rocket looks for the strongest and best Pokemon." And then here comes a grunt. With 2 Rattata and a Zubat. LOL.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • "I've got to help my dad, I'll catch you later."
    ~May

I'll always end up asking out loud; "Is that pun?" Then I continue.

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    "Bravo! A winner is you!"

- The clown who gave you the Coin Case in D/P/Pt

It's always funny to see pop culture (or counter-culture in this case) references in in games. While earlier generation Pokemon games did contain occasional Engrish and textual oversights, this was obviously intentional as a reference to the internet meme.

KidJaejae

Homunculus-based Trainer
    Years
  • The Rocket Grunt that says "Oh no! I dropped the Lift Key!", after you defeat him in battle.

Just something about that made me snicker.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • The Rocket Grunt that says "Oh no! I dropped the Lift Key!", after you defeat him in battle.

Just something about that made me snicker.

Along with that, I laughed at how almost RETARDED the GRUNTS were, giving away secrets (in the first Generation of games) like the switch behind the poster. Like "THERE'S NOTHING BEHIND THE POSTER IN THE GAME CORNER!" ... Tim: Well now I'm going to go check, thanks spaz.

Years
  • Youngster Joey for obvious reasons, can't record any quotes but I know he brags about that Rattata of his.

Not to mention he's a meme celebrity.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • I guess, for me, it was the youngster that I can't seem to remember his name. But I remember what he said:
    Unknown Youngster said:
    I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

~Always.

Red99

World Champion
    Years
  • Basically all the key characters in FRLG cause they are so bad at hiding things, and I think Oak needs new glasses. He can't tell if you're a boy or girl

Back