• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nurse Joy; not so nice

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
Years
  • ahah i always thought about that " we hope to see you again "
    thing too xD
    but she's trustworthy .. i think. ouo
    i wouldn't leave my little wobby in the hands of a bad person~

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Well not entirely true. To make a Pokemon happy you need to:
    1. Walk a lot, though Joy is a mindless robot who stays at her permanent location.
    2. Win gym battles with your Pokemon, though it's kinda hard with a level 1 Chansey who barely knows Softboiled.
    3. Make your Pokemon a haircut, though the Joys don't even know what a haircut is, because they're nothing but evil clones secretly made by Mewtwo in the first movie.
    4. Feed your Pokemon with Vitamins. Now, taking in mind Vitamins are really expensive (10,000 zenny per vitamin? Damn, that's quite expensive), and the Joys barely make money, that's quite hard.
    Why do the Joys barely make money?
    4.1. It's really hard to make any money when random 10 million people appear, earn the whole money in the region, then quit the game. What a way to ruin the NPCs' economy.
    4.2. Imagine working with a shop, that exists everywhere, in every damn single city, and you can't say you're better than another branch. Basically, imagine McDonalds.
    5. I don't really know, but if I was a Pokemon, I could become REALLY depressed if my trainer's name was "Joy", while I'm living in the "I just got really high" land (I mean come on, I bet the idea of Pokemon was made when the author was really high. Hell, the idea to make Nintendo, or a handheld console, was made at the same situation).

So long story short, just gameshark Sacred Ash, you don't want to see Nurse Joy getting mad after she sees you EVERY. FIVE. MINUTES. (in case you're a really bad Pokemon player).

By the way, you know what else makes a Pokemon depressed? Any try-hard-jokes-in-the-name. True story.

Oh and, I think I know how the Joys always heal the team so quickly; they just found an easy way to get infinite Sacred Ash's (gameshark anyone?)

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Nurse Joy is fine. For me, it's the Day-Care lady. The way she looks left and right before going back to get your Pokemon for you. It's just very suspicious looking... I'd like to know what they're doing back there to make the Pokemon level up so fast.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • Nurse Joy is fine. For me, it's the Day-Care lady. The way she looks left and right before going back to get your Pokemon for you. It's just very suspicious looking... I'd like to know what they're doing back there to make the Pokemon level up so fast.

When you're not looking, she attaches a pedometer to your leg. Then, for every step you take, she makes your Pokemon slaughter a Caterpie. Even if your Pokemon is a Caterpie.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It's the fact that they all look identical that creeps the hell out of me. Someone has extended Pokemon cloning to include nurses (and police officers in the anime), or perhaps they're actually mass-produced machines made to look like nurses.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    You should've made the topic on this.

That day-care lady is much more suspicious than Nurse Joy...And what about the Day-care man? Surely he is scheming with her too...

Jalin Volt

Banned
    Years
  • Lmao, What if the proffesors Are Hiding some super mondo secret plan to Utilize the pokemon info in the "PokeDex" and absorb the pokemon Energies :O Uh-Oh.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Hmm.. never, not once have I ever though of Nurse Joy as more than a nice person assigned to heal your Pokemon for you.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    And she always says "we hope to see you again," as though she wanted your Pokemon to get injured in the future. They only changed that in HGSS.

PMSL, I never even thought of that!!! XD

It's the fact that they all look identical that creeps the hell out of me. Someone has extended Pokemon cloning to include nurses (and police officers in the anime), or perhaps they're actually mass-produced machines made to look like nurses.

Maybe it's the same one in every pokemon centre and she's stalking you!!

All that helpfulness, and she never asks for money! Something fishy is going on back there.

Or she's a stepford wife.

Years
  • When you're not looking, she attaches a pedometer to your leg. Then, for every step you take, she makes your Pokemon slaughter a Caterpie. Even if your Pokemon is a Caterpie.

I am laughing so hard at this one. But I also know that she has a few Rattata in stock too. What I want to know is what they do to make my pokemon breed so fast? Mood lighting? Music? Bloodlust after all the slaughtered Caterpies?

Back