• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nurse Joy, you're a real killjoy. :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Nurse joy heals all your Pokemon for free, while you have to buy your own potions which do not even a quarter of the job you want. It's aggrovating to go to the Pokemon Center everytime you get weak in a battle when training and then running back. Sometimes Potions can do the trick, but the cost is really bad on your wallet.

tl;dr Potion Discussion!

Do you prefer healing from Nurse Joy, or from Potions?

Do you think Potions could be improved in any way?

Mr. Mime or Sudowoodo?

I like the free service you get from the Pokemon Centers, but buying those Potions always gives a sense of difficulty to the game, like you'll need to stock up on those for future battles and stuff, when you can't access the Pokemon Center. But I think it's really annoying to just go back to the Pokemon Center after one battle, because your Pokemon got weakened. I also think that Potions could be improved in a way, like, instead of a Potion healing a certain amount of HP, a certain amount of PP could be restored randomly as well, since you can't buy Ethers and Elixirs iirc from PokeMarts. There would be certain conditions though, like the HP comes first, like if you're at full health, a Potion couldn't heal your PP.

Pokemon Center health care is free. Lemonade costs $350. FFFFFUU-

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    On occasion, I do prefer healing my Pokemon from the Pokemon Centers before a huge battle or a long travel to another city. It's better this way because the Pokemon's stats, and HP get restored to their normal state.

If potions can have the power to restore stats, I'd be happy.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Lemonades actually cost 350P, which assuming the ingame currency is analogous with the Japanese yen, works out to about $3.37 USD, which is still a bit steep for a personal serving of lemonade. XD

aanyways, now that I've nerded out here, I think I'm gonna say that I use the Pokemon Centers more often when I'm on a route directly adjacent to a city/town or if I'm actually in the city/town when my pokemon start getting low on health. If I'm on a cave or otherwise a good ways away from a Pokemon center or another healing NPC, I tend to dig into my stock of potions and full heals.

If I have several pokemon in the yellow or red after a battle though, I generally will backtrack to the Pokemon Center after the battle regardless of the trek. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Unless it is a massive trek back to one, I will - 99% of the time - always go back to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. The main reason is that normally I never have any Potions to begin with as I never buy them in the first place. I'm a coward and check up on all the trainer battles on Bulbapedia or GameFAQs beforehand, so the only time my Pokemon get massively damaged anyway is when I'm training them up before a Gym Leader: for the most part, I'm just a few steps away from a city, so it's not much of a trek.

Obviously, before things like the Elite 4 and the like, I buy a crapload of Max Potions and Full Restores... but that's a special occasion!

Years

I use Fresh Water/Soda Pop/Lemonade more than I use Potions :) Anyhoo - I love that the Centres heal all your pokémon, and all the stats are restored as well as health. However - it can be very annoying walking all the way back to a Centre if you have a couple of Potions or whatever on hand.

The main time I go the Centre is if I need to restore PP.

I was going to say clearing status problems as well, but hey you have full restores etc. for that and to be honest I like going to the Mart and buying individual items such as Ice Heal etc. as well as my Potions :)

So in answer to the question I'm happy with them the way they are :)

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Do you perfer healing from Nurse Joy, or from Potions?
    Normally, I never use Potions. I perfer Full Restores. =p Anyway, I usually heal at the Pokecenter instead of Potions, unless of course I'm about to fight the Elite Four.

I think Elixers should be combined with Potions.

Years
    Pokemon Center. Always Pokemon Center if I have the choice. Unless I'm like one battle away from the end of Victory Road maybe, in that case I might at least consider using a potion. But apart from that, I never use Potions outside of battles or the E4.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I always go to the Pokemon Centre, or in BW, to the nearest healing point - since there are thousands of people just willing to heal your Pokemon on the routes so you don't have to trek back to the city. There is something about having everything healed, it's like a fresh start, a new day.

The only way I can think to improve potions is to make them cheaper.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    I use Pokemon Centers instead of potions, I normally never use them, except in the Elite 4, when I just use Full Restores anyway.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Do you prefer healing from Nurse Joy, or from Potions? Honestly, I prefer potions. It costs more, but idc. It's not like I'm ever struggling for money in the Pokemon games, anyway. Half the time, I have so much that I don't know what to do with it... so I just buy like 30 or more Potions. Potions are more convenient because you can use them during battle and you don't have to return to the city/town every single time you need a heal. The only thing I don't like about using potions is that they don't heal the PP of the moves... So, I use the Pokemon Center when PP is running low. Other than that, the only time I use the Pokemon Center is when I'm actually in the city/town. (Especially when I'm about to challenge a gym.) Also, I hate the way Nurse Joy always says "We hope to see you again," as if she hopes my Pokemon faint again, as if she WANTS me to lose, as if she's evil right down to her very core.

Do you think Potions could be improved in any way? Not really. Price isn't too much and they have one for each stage of the game (Potion = beginning of the game, Super Potion = Beginning of the middle, Hyper Potion = Middle, Max Potion = Almost the end/end), they get the job done, and what not.

Mr. Mime or Sudowoodo? Mr. Mime. Totally.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    Well, back on topic:

Do you perfer healing from Nurse Joy, or from Potions?

I usually use Potions at low health, both in and out of battle, and Revives when I'm in the middle of the woods or at a Gym, or Full Restores and any Max Revives I've found along the way at the E4, where they matter. However, flying back to the Pokemon Center to drag a Poke out of my PC box to grind up, and heal the rest of my team a little is always a good strategy, imo.

Full Restore should be more expensive, but have the effect of a Max Elixir, and a Full Heal and Max Potion, like usual. It would, however, make Pokemon Centers slightly obsolete, if you have enough of these Super Full Restores.

Noob out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Do you perfer healing from Nurse Joy, or from Potions?: Healing from Nurse Joy. When I can't get to her, I use Potions, albeit not a lot, on the field and in battle.

Do you think Potions could be improved in any way?: No, I don't think so.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    I would rather go to Nurse Joy because it free and in the games i seem to always run out of money so i save it up as much as i can and only use potions when facing the e4.

ya i believe they could be made a little cheaper and if they recovered PP i would use them alot more.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I always go to the Pokemon Center unless it would be a ridiculously long walk to get back to where am or if I have a lot of grass to go through and I have no Repel (but once I get Fly that isn't a problem :3)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Nurse joy heals all your Pokemon for free, while you have to buy your own potions which do not even a quarter of the job you want. It's aggrovating to go to the Pokemon Center everytime you get weak in a battle when training and then running back. Sometimes Potions can do the trick, but the cost is really bad on your wallet.

tl;dr Potion Discussion!

1. In-game (during the main challenge against the Pokemon League and the crime syndicate), Nurse Joy healing is preferred. They just give a greater sense of "Fully restored! All set!" and "Your Pokemon are fighting fit!" And it's FREE! Pokemon Centers don't seem too far away in the games, and backtracking isn't too grueling most of the time. Plus, you get to see a freaking Hot Nurse!

Post-game (typically for training), Potions are preferred. They're portable, and they can be bought in bulk. Although the price of Full Restores can be staggering at times... >_>

2. As for improvements...stat restoration, Attract nullification, and Leech Seed nullification would be appreciated for Full Restores... It'd also be better if Elixirs, Ethers, and Max Elixirs were actually buyable, but I guess the task of cultivating Leppa Berries serves a greater purpose, the way it is now. Lava Cookies should be buyable in bulk as well!

I would even like it if certain "Potions" were done away with. We have Potions, Super Potions, Hyper Potions, Max Potions, Full Restores, Fresh Water, Soda Pop, Lemonade, MooMoo Milk, AND Berry Juice, with many of them being only 10-20 HP points away from another HP-restoring item. Surely some of these could be removed to provide a bigger variation between them...? Maybe some of them could heal by max HP percentage instead, rather than a fixed HP count?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Nurse Joy! I like to top up my Pokémon's PP as well as their HP, and I ain't using my Ethers to do so. They're hard to come by. I'm also a bit cheap when it comes to Potions because I don't like spending money. I Pokémon Center it whenever I can so I don't have to use Potions haha.

On a side note, every time Nurse Joy goes "We hope to see you again!" it kills me. I always picture her with this huge grin on her face every time somebody brings in their half-dead Pokémon. XD;

I think Potions are fine, but I wish Ethers were easier to come by so I could avoid having to walk all the way to a Pokemon Center just to restore PP.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Nurse Joy! I only use healing items when I'm too lazy to go back to the Pokemon Center. For Example, I wouldn't want to go all the way back to a Pokemon Center when I've reached so far in a gym. But sometimes I'll run all the way back just to see my lovely Nurse Joy. It depends on the situation, and my mood. I'd prefer running back to Nurse Joy most of the time; I don't want to waste potions and/or my money. But I definitely can waste time.

I can't think of anything. Maybe potions could restore PP too? idk.

Annndd Mr. Mime. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Nurse Joy, obviously because it doesn't hurt the wallet and she heals everything. If I'm level grinding in the wild, I'll run back to the nearest town as opposed to using up a potion. But if I'm in a sopt where going back to a Pokemon Center would probably have me running into dozens of enemy Pokemon along the way, I'll just bite the bullet and use a Potion instead.

Make them as good a value as Lemonade. Lemonade pwns most varieties of Potion short of Max Potion, as far as healing power for the money goes.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I prefer healing at Pokemon Centers. Not only is it free but it restores PP as well. However, if it took me forever to get where I am I would probably prefer potions.

I think Potions could be a little cheaper. But other than that they are just fine.

Back