• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nuzlocke mode

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Do you always do your runs in Nuzlocke mode? Personally I try to these days as it makes it more of a challenge. Should Nintendo include a Nuzlocke option in future releases?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    No, haha. No I don't, and no they shouldn't. It's not hard to keep track of your own nuzlocke, so there's not point in having a set option for it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd hate that. ;; I don't want Pokemon to die! So... no, due to being idk, whatever I am, I don't intend to play Nuzlocke ever since it's sad. :( And definitely no to Nintendo encouraging it! They're meant to be encouraging people to keep their Pokemon alive through only fainting!

Doctor Nuzleaf

The ninja doctor
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    While I disagree with the idea (it's not hard to keep track yourself), given the fanbase the Nuzlocke challenge have, adding one might not be a bad move on Nintendo's fault ,but even so, different people play different rules (such as redirecting deaths and back-up lives), so the normal way is best.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm nowhere near brave enough to try a Nuzlocke challenge, even though I considered it a few times. I don't want any of my Pokemon to die permanently throughout the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    No, the point of Nuzlocke is that it's a self-imposed challenge. Besides, Nintendo would never include something like that in their games. There are a few hacks that impose the Nuzlocke challenge onto the game though, and that's kind of cool.

Doctor Nuzleaf

The ninja doctor
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Just reminding some of you guys, that Nuzlocke mode would be an option not default, so, y'know unless you pick it your mons wouldn't die permanently (but to do it, two saves would be best ... )

Last edited:
    Back