• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Nuzzles and Thundershocks* ~An Electric Type Pokemon Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Username: Sun
    Nickname: Nick
    Reason you love Electric-types: Electric-types have only one weakness, the moves are common as well.
    3 partner Pokemon: Electivire, Eelektross, Galvantula
    Answer any current topic:

Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Electric types so far?

5th Generation, as they introduced amazing Electric-types in this generation. Emolga, the Galvantula line and the Tynamo line are the most outstanding ones!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Electric types so far?

I hate to be a genwunner, but since I like Magneton, Electabuzz, Electrode, Jolteon, Zapdos, and of course, Pikachu, I have to pick Gen I here.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Username: Laguna
    Nickname:
    Reason you love Electric-types: Design, and because they're always useful to have around.
    3 partner Pokemon: Raichu x3 Raichu, Jolteon, Ampharos
    GENWUN, because I like Raichu okay?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Username: Sun
    Nickname: Nick
    Reason you love Electric-types: Electric-types have only one weakness, the moves are common as well.
    3 partner Pokemon: Electivire, Eelektross, Galvantula

5th Generation, as they introduced amazing Electric-types in this generation. Emolga, the Galvantula line and the Tynamo line are the most outstanding ones!
    Welcome Sun! Adding you now!

Username: Laguna
    Nickname:
    Reason you love Electric-types: Design, and because they're always useful to have around.
    3 partner Pokemon: Raichu x3 Raichu, Jolteon, Ampharos
    GENWUN, because I like Raichu okay?

Welcome to the club Laguna! Gen1 is a great choice for anyone that likes the Pikachu line ahha

I think my favorite Gen for electric types would be 5th just cause Galvantula and Electross were made (also stunfisk who is still pretty cool)

Anyways i was going to make a new topic a couple days ago but i thought id wait for anyone else so here goes:

In every new region there tends to be a new group of starter pokemon, would it be cool to have a starter that is part electric type? Which type would you pair it with? (Grass, Water, Fire)

As much as id like to see another Water/Electric like Lanturn for me id say i would like to see a grass and electric because electric doesnt add on any weaknesses and reduces the power of flying type moves as well so then only weaknesses are bug poison and fire. What do you guys think?

New topic may be a day or two late btw sorry!

Last edited:
    Years
    In every new region there tends to be a new group of starter pokemon, would it be cool to have a starter that is part Electric-type? Which type would you pair it with? (Grass, Water, Fire)

I would love to see an Electric-type starter, but then the problem is that most games have an Electric-type available early in the game (such as Pikachu, Shinx, Mareep, Blitzle etc.) and that would sorta defeat the purpose of that. Plus the design of the Pokemon needs to be logical enough to get the type combination.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    In every new region there tends to be a new group of starter pokemon, would it be cool to have a starter that is part electric type? Which type would you pair it with? (Grass, Water, Fire)

As much as id like to see another Water/Electric like Lanturn for me id say i would like to see a grass and electric because electric doesnt add on any weaknesses and reduces the power of flying type moves as well so then only weaknesses are bug poison and fire. What do you guys think?

Hmm, I would love to see both a Fire/Electric and a Grass/Electric ... I can't decide :/ But probably Grass/Electric in terms of type-advantages! As you said, the part Electric-type in a Grass-type Pokémon would give more resistance to Flying-types, which would be super cool! But I prefer a Fire/Electric starter in terms of design! I would love to see the flames and the electricity coming out of its body!
    I still can't decide, sry xD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    In every new region there tends to be a new group of starter Pokémon, would it be cool to have a starter that is part Electric-type? Which type would you pair it with? (Grass, Water, Fire)

I would be happy to see it, particularly a Grass/Electric or a Fire/Electric, which are unique combinations! While Nichole is correct on her point with most Electric-types being available fairly early in-game. There's no need for Game Freak to hesitate on adding making a part Electric-type starter though. Because first we have Fletchling who later evolves into a part Fire-type Pokémon. Second, it's like a 'promotion' for the Electric-type Pokémon, for being loved and popular in the fandom!

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    In every new region there tends to be a new group of starter Pokémon, would it be cool to have a starter that is part Electric-type? Which type would you pair it with? (Grass, Water, Fire)

I would definitely pick Fire. It would help it with it's weakness to Water-types and we don't have many Fire/Electric-types around as it is.

Dedenne1

Years
    So glad you guys liked the topic (and that others want to see a grass and electric type)
    Also sorry about how long it took for a new one getting busier as summer ends!
    But anyways time for a new topic how about this?:

Which electric types (in your opinion) are underrated and you would like to see more of in the games? & which electric types do you feel are overused?

Oh i love this one! Lets discuss!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So glad you guys liked the topic (and that others want to see a grass and electric type)
    Also sorry about how long it took for a new one getting busier as summer ends!
    But anyways time for a new topic how about this?:

Which electric types (in your opinion) are underrated and you would like to see more of in the games? & which electric types do you feel are overused?

Oh i love this one! Lets discuss!

Both Minun and Plusle are underrated as they are limited for Double Battles only. Not counting Mega Evolution forms and legends, I believe the Pichu line is overused, with Pikachu the most. While it's obvious, it's too much for my taste. That Gen VI cry of Pikachu didn't help make it better.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I agree to Sun that Pikachu is totally overrated because it's the franchise's mascot and all. It's an okay Pokémon, but because there are so many people claiming Pikachu as their favorite just because either they think it's overpowered because of Ash's or because they simply don't know any more Pokémon, has made me like it less. There's nothing wrong in liking Pikachu, don't get me wrong, but those type of people just annoy me.

I feel Chinchou and Lanturn are underrated. They're so cute and can be a very good addition to your team, but outside Johto they're often stuffed away in some corner, where you either come up with the idea to go for a dive or angling. There's often an electric Pokémon located early game and those are often picked over Pokémon like Chinchou and there are so many other water Pokémon that Chinchou is forgotten. So sad. :(

Dedenne1

Years
    Both Minun and Plusle are underrated as they are limited for Double Battles only. Not counting Mega Evolution forms and legends, I believe the Pichu line is overused, with Pikachu the most. While it's obvious, it's too much for my taste. That Gen VI cry of Pikachu didn't help make it better.

I completely agree they are really underated due to that and pikachu is quite overused and overated likely due to it kinda being the mascot of pokemon at times and in the anime.

In my opinion id say most of the electric rodents are underated; emolga, plusle, minun, pachirisu, dedenne are all quite underused even pokemon like zebstrika and stunfisk are usually overlooked for some reason (eventhough ground and electric is an awesome combination)

Years
    I completely agree they are really underated due to that and pikachu is quite overused and overated likely due to it kinda being the mascot of pokemon at times and in the anime.

In my opinion id say most of the electric rodents are underated; emolga, plusle, minun, pachirisu, dedenne are all quite underused even pokemon like zebstrika and stunfisk are usually overlooked for some reason (eventhough ground and electric is an awesome combination)

It is true that Pikachu's popularity not only overshadows the various electric rodents but also Pikachu's own evolution line, and the fact 6th Gen now has Pikachu's cry being its actual anime voice showed this.

I agree that Zebstrika has a really awesome design yet is so underappreciated. Seriously what do people find wrong with a lightning-themed zebra?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

It is true that Pikachu's popularity not only overshadows the various electric rodents but also Pikachu's own evolution line, and the fact 6th Gen now has Pikachu's cry being its actual anime voice showed this.

I agree that Zebstrika has a really awesome design yet is so underappreciated. Seriously what do people find wrong with a lightning-themed zebra?

Pachirisu made us proud on VGC 2015, :')

As for Zebstrika, it shares its fate with the Fire-type Rapidash. Competitive wise speaking, their moveset are limited similarly, the stats aren't outstanding for competitive use as well. But I still like them, hopefully Mega Evolution forms and new moves will be given to the equines! :)

I agree to Sun that Pikachu is totally overrated because it's the franchise's mascot and all. It's an okay Pokémon, but because there are so many people claiming Pikachu as their favorite just because either they think it's overpowered because of Ash's or because they simply don't know any more Pokémon, has made me like it less. There's nothing wrong in liking Pikachu, don't get me wrong, but those type of people just annoy me.

I feel Chinchou and Lanturn are underrated. They're so cute and can be a very good addition to your team, but outside Johto they're often stuffed away in some corner, where you either come up with the idea to go for a dive or angling. There's often an electric Pokémon located early game and those are often picked over Pokémon like Chinchou and there are so many other water Pokémon that Chinchou is forgotten. So sad. :(

Perfect, spot on with the thoughts on Pikachu!

I feel like the Chinchou line isn't appreciated too. I have to admit, if the line weren't Water-type, I wouldn't use or even notice them! I love Water-types a lot and so Chinchou is part of my favorites. :D

Dedenne1

Years
    Pachirisu made us proud on VGC 2015, :')

As for Zebstrika, it shares its fate with the Fire-type Rapidash. Competitive wise speaking, their moveset are limited similarly, the stats aren't outstanding for competitive use as well. But I still like them, hopefully Mega Evolution forms and new moves will be given to the equines! :)

Perfect, spot on with the thoughts on Pikachu!

I feel like the Chinchou line isn't appreciated too. I have to admit, if the line weren't Water-type, I wouldn't use or even notice them! I love Water-types a lot and so Chinchou is part of my favorites. :D

Yes yes it did :D

I think a mega would help the zebstrika line though unless they just up his speed more D:

Anyways time for a new topic then?

Current Topic: If you could make any (existing/current) Pokemon part Electric what would it be and why?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yes yes it did :D

I think a mega would help the zebstrika line though unless they just up his speed more D:

Anyways time for a new topic then?

Current Topic: If you could make any (existing/current) Pokemon part Electric what would it be and why?

This is a real difficult one, as I couldn't think of any. {XD} I guess perhaps Probopass, as it is able to learn Electric-type moves like Discharge, which is a bit unusual for non-Electric-types.

Dedenne1

Years
    Haha i guess it is a bit difficult due to the typing honestly all i could think of that id like to see as part electric would be the klink line just cause its kinda related to machinery and all and it learns alot of electric type moves.

Anyways we are due for a new topic well....very due but lets see...

How about this: If you could make any changes to electric types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?

Ya my creativity is on the low side sorry but anyways since i may be busy for the next couple months if the current topic becomes more than a week old feel free to add a topic of your own guys! Again sorry about being busy school is....stupid

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Haha i guess it is a bit difficult due to the typing honestly all i could think of that id like to see as part electric would be the klink line just cause its kinda related to machinery and all and it learns alot of electric type moves.

Anyways we are due for a new topic well....very due but lets see...

How about this: If you could make any changes to electric types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?

Ya my creativity is on the low side sorry but anyways since i may be busy for the next couple months if the current topic becomes more than a week old feel free to add a topic of your own guys! Again sorry about being busy school is....stupid

It's difficult as the non-Electrics and Electrics are perfect with their roles, :D

I think Bug-type Pokemon should be weak against Electric moves, I don't think insects and arachnids irl can endure electric zaps.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    If you could make any changes to electric types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?
    The electric type is balanced as it is, it has only one weakness, but isn't super effective on many types and doesn't resist a lot either. I don't think it needs change, but if I were to give it a change I'd make it be super effective on steel. Steel normally conducts electricity, so super effectiveness would make sense. Besides, electric resists steel type attacks already.

Years
    If you could make any changes to Electric-types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?

As Sun said, Electric-types already seem to be perfect as they are but I would definitely go with what Lycan said and make Steel-types weak to Electric moves since metal is a conductor of electricity. I know type matchups often have logical sense behind them but it's odd that got overlooked of all things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back