• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

o.o;; This is my machine?

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    I've never really thought back into how old this machine is. Here are the random specs..

Processor: Intel Pentium 3 1GHZ o__o;;
    Graphics: NVDIA Riva TNT2 32mb video card
    Audio: No idea, but this one's at least great.
    RAM: 128MB o.o
    40GB HDD

This is one evil piece of junk, working this good for like.. 3 or 4 years. O__O Rate.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    dang dude...thats old o.o...really save money and by a new one...........maybe your x-mas money...cause that is really old! and junk

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    till a while ago (nefore I bought my new computer) all I had was a Pentium III 500Mhz, 128MB of RAM and an ATI something 8MB, HDD of 8GB so believe me that one is not as old :x

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Meh.. it IS Windows XP, service pack 2. I know what junk this is, I can't even play games like Age of Empires III or Black and White II. >_<

Batesymon

Tuesday!
    Years
    Oh it's so old. Try running for three years on an old 350 overclocked to 381. >>

Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    I've never really thought back into how old this machine is. Here are the random specs..

Processor: Intel Pentium 3 1GHZ o__o;; Intel sucks. If you do get a new one, go for an AMD processor. Especially if you plan on gaming.
    Graphics: NVDIA Riva TNT2 32mb video card No comment.
    Audio: No idea, but this one's at least great. Good for you.
    RAM: 128MB o.o Okay, that does suck.
    40GB HDD Bigger than mine but I have two - 15 and 30.

This is one evil piece of junk, working this good for like.. 3 or 4 years. O__O Rate.

I bolded it all. If you are going to upgrade you only have to change your motherboard stuff. Otherwise it's alright. I don't see why everyone believes they can't do stuff on 1 GHz so they need 3. >> Try living on 350 MHz.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    350 ... MHz ... *dies*

Meh... Gaming. I'll need at least 1.4GHz for the worst games now. 1 was like, awesome back when I got this machine. And seriously, 32mb graphics cards are EVIL. At least they are when the lowest I'll need for good games is 64.

Batesymon

Tuesday!
    Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    350 ... MHz ... *dies*

Meh... Gaming. I'll need at least 1.4GHz for the worst games now. 1 was like, awesome back when I got this machine. And seriously, 32mb graphics cards are EVIL. At least they are when the lowest I'll need for good games is 64.
    [offtopic]Batesymon is me.[/offtopic]

Calm down. It's not that vital. That stuff is alright. The RAM needs upgrading. I wouldn't buy stuff just yet. I'd wait a little bit for some of the faster processors to go down as the new and faster ones are released.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    o.o;; Yeah I know you're Batsey.. I've known you for a long while dude.

Meh, priced down things eh? I'd like to wait for a good Anthlon to come out and get one with Windows Vista. 'Cause according to a magazine I saw at school, Vista'll only work on Anthlon. >_<

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    I was meant to be in this account. :p I'm a goose.

Vista only works with a 3D Accelerator because it has alot of transparencies and other crud.

Kaneda Morspeed

Only the most powerful win...
    Years
    My old PC was as follows :: (From emachines official site; this was an etower 400i)

FDD Model: FDD Samsung SFD-321B
    Keyboard Model: KB Chicony 2971 Standard (Updated to my current Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard later on)
    Mouse: Mouse Logitech M-SAS51 (Updated to a Logitech Wireless later on, still using it now)
    Speaker: Speaker 2.5Wx2 Samsung SP-12
    Modem: Modem w/ PC Tel Chipset
    MB: M/B Florida-C
    Power Supply: PS ILSAN ISP-120S, 120Watts (Replaced with a new one later on)
    HDD: HDD 4.3GB HD EIDE, 3.5" (Upgraded to a Western Digital WD Protege WD400 40GB later on)
    Memory: RAM SD-32MB PC100 (Upgraded to 256MB over the years)
    CPU: CPU Intel Celeron 400 (Pentium 3 Celeron)
    Audio: CS4280 3D PCI Built-In
    Video: ATI Rage IIc 3D AGP w/4MB Built-In
    Prim CD Model: CDD 40X Max. CD-ROM Drive Samsung SC-140 (Replaced with a 56x later on)
    CPU Fan Type: pga 370 - cpu fan
    FDD Button: 107463 for FDD SFD-321B/K, ivory, Fiat bezel

So, if you think you have it bad, try being me prior to this September.

Back