• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

O.o What they eating?!?

Years
    Ok so watch any pokemon show, whenever they're eating a meal, there is always something made of meat. The only "animals" are the pokemon themselves...

Where is that meat coming from?!?:(

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Never really thought about it nice read on bulbapedia though. I think tauros would be tough just too much muscle you know, miltank just seems more tender.
    I wonder if there's many KFC's around Saffron city. (Kanto fried Combusken)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Combuskin are native to Hoenn, so it would've made more sense if it was called HFC instead. xD Anyway, Pokémon are portrayed as animals in the anime. So when they eat meat-based food, I believe they're actually eating Pokémon meat. They just don't show us cooking them though, as that would be a little unfriendly to children, who are their main audience. d: Personally, I find it to be okay to eat Pokémon. Many of us eat animal meat in real life, don't we? So Pokémon meat shouldn't be considered any different.

In addition, Pokémon eat other Pokémon all the time, just like how animals eat other animals in the real world. :o This isn't just a wild guess—this has been mentioned in the anime on many occasions. In one of the original episodes, a wild Pidgeotto once tried to devour Ash's Caterpie. It wasn't able to though, as Ash had immediately called it back into its Poké Ball.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Yeah, I've actually wondered just how much training it would take to get a flying-type to NOT eat a bug-type. That's more than just battle discipline, that's teaching the Pokémon to overcome its own natural instincts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    if you play pokemon x & y restaurant battle you find out we eat pokemon

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Never really thought about it nice read on bulbapedia though. I think tauros would be tough just too much muscle you know, miltank just seems more tender.
    I wonder if there's many KFC's around Saffron city. (Kanto fried Combusken)
    You do know that it's the muscles that is the actual meat, right?

if you play pokemon x & y restaurant battle you find out we eat pokemon
    O.O What exactly is said there?

But yeah, in the games it's always been kind of understood that pokémon are food as well as companions. Just like animals are. Some pokémon probably aren't eaten though, like dog and cat pokémon. Rather, Stantler and fish type pokémon as well as Tauros etc. are probably eaten for food.

Years
    This quote is from one of the books in the Canalave library:

Sinnoh folk story said:
    Pick clean the bones of Pokémon caught in the sea or stream.
    Thank them for the meals they provide, and pick their bones clean.
    When the bones are as clean as can be, set them free in the water from which they came.
    The Pokémon will return, fully fleshed, and it begins anew.

So it has been referenced at least once that humans do in fact eat Pokemon (fish Pokemon at least), and I can't say as I'm really surprised. There still seems to be a lot of debate on whether real animals exist in the Pokemon world or not, as the only time I can recall seeing them is very early on in the anime. So if in fact it is only Pokemon and humans coexisting, the only real choice for meat would be the Pokemon themselves (with some obviously being more edible than others).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    slowpoke tail is a delicacy

magickrap only useful for food

O.o What they eating?!?

milktank give you milk
    O.o What they eating?!?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Didn't you know? People eat Pokemon! Yummyy.
    I could imagine deep-frying Magikarps, or eating some lean venison (Stantler).
    Or eating some legendary dragon-meat.
    Reminds me of the anime, Toriko!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This quote is from one of the books in the Canalave library:

So it has been referenced at least once that humans do in fact eat Pokemon (fish Pokemon at least), and I can't say as I'm really surprised. There still seems to be a lot of debate on whether real animals exist in the Pokemon world or not, as the only time I can recall seeing them is very early on in the anime. So if in fact it is only Pokemon and humans coexisting, the only real choice for meat would be the Pokemon themselves (with some obviously being more edible than others).
    Yeah, in the beginning we didn't have that many species, so for the world to make sense there had to be some animals. But nowadays with 600+ pokémon, it's certainly different. I'm warming up to the idea of a world with only people and pokémon. Even though it can be argued that lifeforms such as bacteria, archaea and fungi still exist as well. Could be a pretty broken world otherwise.

slowpoke tail is a delicacy

magickrap only useful for food

O.o What they eating?!?
    Magicrap <- haha

That picture is almost obscene for pokémon lovers.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Slowpoke tail, koffi~

Fillet o' Seaking
    Boiled Crawdaunt
    Roasted Golduck
    Sweet babyback Tepig ribs
    Blackened Magikarp a la tar
    BBQ Ekans
    Tasty Tauros Strip
    Slow cooked Feraligatr
    Natu Poppers
    Leg of Mareep
    Sweet and sticky Swirlix licks
    Yummy Vanillish sundaes
    Dangerous Qwilfish (gotta have a license)
    Remoraid in a can
    Wailord blubber
    Cacnea water
    Caterpie dipped in hotsauce (Delicacy in Johto)
    Fried Pidgey (original Recipe or extra crispy?)
    Eggescute, over easy
    Shaymin tea
    Southrn' prepared Pidove
    Lilligant Salad
    Broiled Tirtouga
    Fresh Miltank milk, and moist cheese
    Flambe Basculin
    Crunchy Politoad legs
    They eat Glameow in Hoenn
    Aromatic Combee honeycomb. . .
    and there's always room for Ditto

'Course I could be wrong about all this, koffi~