• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oak's Aides

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    YES IT'S OVER *-*

Chrunch is doing a/some maps at the moment, once that is done we can hardcore script. HARDCORE.

Maps at the moment:

Beginning Town (Contemplating calling this Daisy Copse as a shoutout to Oak's future Grand-daughter?)
    Route 1
    Second Town (No Gym)
    Route 2
    Route 3

So, the sequence of storyline events so far decided on, for the story:

Agatha stumbles into [Daisy Copse] dazed and confused, and quickly runs off into the woods.
    On instruction from your parents you follow after her, where she is saved and possessed by a Gastly.
    This leads you to [Second Town] where mysterious things have been happening, which after some investigating leads to discovering Gastly and Agatha on Route 2 - Where you first battle her.

Comments/Critique?

As to the ~ghostly happenings~ I'm thinking possessed TVs, some odd recollections from the residents and Pokémon jumping out of nowhere. Any other ideas?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Didn't it say that they were once friends?

...Like, they were bffs but then Oak started becoming a wimp and stuff?

So when does that happen?

Also little pranks by Haunter and Gengar would be a good thing, because it's know that they're playful (in a way).

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Didn't it say that they were once friends?

...Like, they were bffs but then Oak started becoming a wimp and stuff?

So when does that happen?

Also little pranks by Haunter and Gengar would be a good thing, because it's know that they're playful (in a way).

It's suggested they met each other during their journey, but then derailed and led separate paths when Oak decided not to fight in the Pokémon League :).

The main thing missing between the Oak/Agatha relationship is how they become friends, etc. Basically during the game Oak will help Agatha deal with her troubles, yadda yadda yadda, with some aspect of friendliness/trust in the middle but with them then splitting apart at the end?

:D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'm working on Oak.
    Taking a while to get the odd hair do right, but yeah.

And I'd love a Amphoros for my Mugshot.

EDIT:
    Here's it so far
    Spoiler:

any changes (I tried to do that here as good as possible, but i couldn't do that top hair properly...

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm working on Oak.
    Taking a while to get the odd hair do right, but yeah.

And I'd love a Amphoros for my Mugshot.

EDIT:
    Here's it so far
    Spoiler:

any changes (I tried to do that here as good as possible, but i couldn't do that top hair properly...

Looks good so far Nintendork!

I am a little worried that the young-Oak in the anime is a little ~plain~ looking for a protagonist, maybe if you can play with the hair a bit to make it look more individual? Maybe try a few just on the front-view sprite and post them here for everyone's opinion.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Is anyone able to work out an ASM routine for the hack? Ultimately the game would benefit greatly if the OW sprite can be changed (either by changing the sprite or using the female gender as a 2nd sprite) in the flash back scenes - as then the scene is controllable by the player.

Any ideas people?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I believe it can be done without ASM, I'm just not sure how. :P

I know in Ruby it's a simple as writing a byte, especially to define gender, but I have a feeling it's encrypted in FR! I shall try out a few scripting methods and see if I can make anything work though.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Haven't worked on the overworld yet.
    But for the added more to it, since it was plain,how bout a hat or something in the hair?
    Would look a little more trainer-ish?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Haven't worked on the overworld yet.
    But for the added more to it, since it was plain,how bout a hat or something in the hair?
    Would look a little more trainer-ish?

Yeah slightly bigger hair I think, make it a bit less 'helmet' like?

As to the timetravel, at the moment it will have to just be cutscenes rather than the player being in control of Old-Oak. Luckily there is still time to sort it, not quite sure when the first should take place - 1st town? 2nd town? Decisions decisions.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Progresss!~

Chrunch, I'm going to need those maps soon :)

Right, so thanks to Spherical Ice and Haku I have managed to turn the diploma into a letters system!~

Pidgeot.png

Letter01.png

[Chane Mail is a stand in, it will be [REGION] Mail but it is currently un-named!][As is Mossport]

So, discussion for this thread:

What do you think the Region should be called, and why?

Think about: Connections with Flowers (our town names), Trees (Oak) or something else that might tie in with the story.

Also! What should our lovely Postman be called?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    hello there

I don't really have much experience in Rom hacking, but I've been playing for a LONG time. I would like to aid in the development of this story. I love the idea of younger Oak.

Just a few ideas:
    Spoiler:

Now thats just a sample of some of the first thoughts i had when i saw this. PM or Email me or just respond on here. Id love to be a part of the next big hack and I feel I have a lot to offer!

Thanks!!!!

Back