• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Oak's Intro FireRed

Years
    I am making another hack, this time Fire Red, and I'd like to know if there's possible to edit Oak's Intro (what he says) without using A-Text.
    A-Text is buggy, some pieces of Oak's Intro is blank, but in the gameplay isn't, and all editing doesn't show up in game.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    I am making another hack, this time Fire Red, and I'd like to know if there's possible to edit Oak's Intro (what he says) without using A-Text.
    A-Text is buggy, some pieces of Oak's Intro is blank, but in the gameplay isn't, and all editing doesn't show up in game.

Yeah, you can edit them in a hex editor manually. I would recommend just repointing the pointers and making your own strings.

Pointers:
    081C5D06
    081C5DEA
    081C5E13
    081C5E2E
    081C5E91
    081C5EB5
    081C5EC5
    081C5EF4

I think that's all of them. Be very careful when editing these strings, the lengths ect are not limited if you repoint, however, they use fdecoder and as such there will be bytes like "0xFD 0xrandom byte". Those are substituted inline when being read, so ignore them for now. Explaining them would kind of be a hassle, but if you get that far, come along to the ASM help thread and I'll help you along further.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years

You can also use LSAs Intro Text Editor. It's pretty helpful. It'll show you the intro as it goes and how the text comes out.
    Search around here, You'll find it.

Years
    Yeah, you can edit them in a hex editor manually. I would recommend just repointing the pointers and making your own strings.

Pointers:
    081C5D06
    081C5DEA
    081C5E13
    081C5E2E
    081C5E91
    081C5EB5
    081C5EC5
    081C5EF4

I think that's all of them. Be very careful when editing these strings, the lengths ect are not limited if you repoint, however, they use fdecoder and as such there will be bytes like "0xFD 0xrandom byte". Those are substituted inline when being read, so ignore them for now. Explaining them would kind of be a hassle, but if you get that far, come along to the ASM help thread and I'll help you along further.

While we're on that note, does anyone know Birch's text offsets (intro)?

Back