• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"OBJECTION!" Ace Attorney Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013

The Fan Club

Thank you wikipedia
    Ace Attorney, known in Japan as Gyakuten Saiban (逆転裁判?, lit. "Turnabout Trial"), is a series of adventure games created by Shu Takumi and published by Capcom in which players assume the role of a defense attorney in a fictional courtroom setting, which is based on the Japanese legal system, to strive to find their clients "not guilty" using investigation, evidence, and cross-examination to prove their case.

The first three games in the series, originally released only in Japan and in Japanese between 2001 and 2004 for the Game Boy Advance platform, have been ported to the Nintendo DS as well as localized into English and other languages. The series has been developed for the DS from the ground up starting with the fourth game. The DS remakes and games in the series take advantage of the DS features, including the microphone and touchscreen. The series was released on WiiWare in Japan from December 15, 2009 and in North America from January 11, 2010.

The first three games feature and are sometimes referred to by the eponymous main protagonist, Phoenix Wright. The fourth game, set seven years after the end of the third game, introduces a new protagonist, Apollo Justice, who takes over from Wright, and Miles Edgeworth, a key character from the first trilogy, is featured in two special interquel titles set between the third and fourth games.

Court Rules

The global Pokécommunity rules as well as Other Clubs rules are met.
    Be polite, respect others' opinions and do not flame|bash|troll|spam.

Use spoiler tags if you're discussing something specific about a game, (e.g part of a case)
    For God's sake, don't cross-examine other members
    Put "Take that!" somewhere in your post to show that you've read the rules when joining

Meet the attendants

You up in rank in the club, the more active you are. Ranks go from 'judge' to 'witness' (high to low)

Perpetrator:

Truality

Judge(s):

Prosecutor(s):

Attorney(s):
    Impo
    Kura

Detective(s):
    Miss Doronjo
    Saryka
    BinaryPeaches
    Alternative
    SomariFeyWright
    -DeepImpact-

Witness(es):

Wolflare
    Spinosaurus
    dithyrambos
    Nemanzin
    bobandbill
    Magikarp Queen
    hiinotama
    Ghiaccio
    TheFattestSnorlax
    ~Ryukaa
    NatureKeeper
    Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle
    NV

Discussion of the week (outdated)

Archive:
    Spoiler:

Let's do romance! Who should Phoenix Wright pair up with and why?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    *runs from the DCC* I AM HERE. <3 Ace Attorney's one of my all-time favourite game series. So, hi. I'm Saryka and I would like to join. o/

Which game was your favorite, which was your least favorite and why?
    Favourite: Trials and Tribulations. First of all, my favourite case, Bridge to the Turnabout (I think it's called, too lazy to look it up) is in it. Aaaand, second of all, I think it was the funniest out of all the games. I dunno, I think I picked up on more pop culture references and stuff like that in that game more than any of the others. OH AND JEAN ARMSTRONG. 'Nuff said.

Least Favourite: Ummm. It's hard to say, but I think I'm gonna go with Apollo Justice, only because I feel like the main characters (mainly Apollo, but even others like Ema and to a lesser extent, Trucy) weren't as developed as they should be, and the whole game just felt like The Phoenix Wright Show instead of focusing more on Apollo. And I actually really liked Apollo too; I just wished they spent a little more time developing his character.

Aaaand, um. TAKE THAT!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday

HEY, I am a big fan of Ace Attorney.

Keep in mind I have only played the Phoenix Wright trilogy (for now). Trials and Tribulations is probably my favorite because it introduced Godot and Luke Atmey, and I enjoyed playing as Mia. The final case was one of the best cases (well, the last one is always good). Can't say I don't like any of the games though.

Take that!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

Biiiiiig Phoenix Wright fan here. :3 I wish to join~!

Absolute favorite of all time is Trials and Tribulations. If there was a Phoenix Wright game, that had the most suspense, emotion, mystery, past suffering, and epicness, it so be T&T hands down. Godot has to be the most epic character of them all! Being mysterious, refined, yet so philosophical; he had it all, y'know. Dahlia Hawthrone is a WITCH. D: There was an interesting analogy with her: The Rose has thorns.

Its hard to pick a least favourite, but I guess I'd have to go with Apollo Justice, just because they overshadowed Apollo and Trucy very much with Phoenix. The game's not bad in general though; the character development needs to be... more there.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Saryka and wolflare added. Shawn, you forgot something, pal!

My favorite's also T&T. Least favorite is also Apollo Justice. Seems like we're all the same on this.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hi guys I'm joining! Take That!

Yeah uhm... I'm joining the rest of you guys in saying that T&T is my favorite, and AJ is my least favorite. I kind of played some of the first game, and then all of the second game, and then the rest of the first game, and then the second game, ahaaaa. Later one I then played them all in order, and I actually just finished AJ just a few days ago since I borrowed it from a friend. Yeah, it's just what you guys said. Good game, but it lacked character development for the most part.

I was actually thinking about Apollo Justice getting a sequel after I finished the game. It would help Trucy, and even more so Apollo, get some much needed character development.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Take that, I'm joining!

I'm going to go with Trials and Tribulations as my favourite, mainly because I love when the Fey clan is involved with cases, and they were in all of them. I also really loved the final case of Justice For All, it was so delicate and really difficult - awesome.

I didn't really have a game I didn't enjoy, but the least would have been Apollo Justice. Not that it was bad, I did enjoy it, but Phoenix was still in the limelight. There was some Apollo, but there should have been more.

and darn it I want to play Gyakuten Sabian 2 (didn't spell that right, did I?)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

Going to join as well.
    Favorite is the original Ace Attorney. Case 4 and Case 5 were my favorite because of Edgeworth and Damon Gant.
    Least favorite? I did enjoy all of them, but I'm going with T&T. Sure it introduced Luke Atmey, one of my favorite characters, and case 2 being one of my favorite cases, it's just that 2 out of 5 of the cases were basically the same and the last case was related. I didn't like Dahlia's story so yeah. :(
    Apollo Justice was actually my second favorite lol.

Does this count?

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Added everyone mentioned!

New DotW:
    Pick your characters! Who's your favorite one? Who's your most hated one? Who's the one that deserves more love? And who's the best criminal of 'em all?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Pick your characters! Who's your favorite one? Who's your most hated one? Who's the one that deserves more love? And who's the best criminal of 'em all?

Favourite: Miles Edgeworth. He's such a dork.

Least favourite: It's hard to say, because I really like the Ace Attorney cast as a whole. But I'm gonna have to go with Phoenix Wright in the Apollo Justice era. He honestly got on my nerves so much with his attitude, idk, I found him annoying.

One that deserves more love: Franziska von Karma. I always found the concept of her whipping people so ridiculous. XD; Buuut that aside, I'm glad we got to see more depth to her character in AAI, she's actually not as much of a, um, witch as she was in JFA/T&T.

Best criminal: Kristoph Gavin, hands down. Once you really got to the bottom of the cases involving him in Apollo Justice, he was one sick, evil dude. And it was pretty awesome.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

My favorite is Ema Skye when she's a child. :3 She was pretty eccentric and energetic! Made me love science~ ^^ Close second is Franziska because she's sort of a sadist, imo. xD

My least favorite is Redd White. :|
    seriously, he was a loser then, and he's a loser now. ><;

The one who deserves more love is Pearly. :3
    She's adorable! ^^

The best criminal? Manfred von Karma.
    He sought out and became with perfection, and wanted someday, his perfect verdict.
    You know what? He did. His own.
    Honestly, he was more sinister and evil than any criminal in the series, IMO.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Wow, I re-came across a video that's kind of old, but when I remembered about it I just wanted to share it with you guys. It's a fan-made AA opening. There are others out there but I prefer this one to all.

Don't you wish there was an anime of AA?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Big Ace Attorney fan! I got back into it cause I picked up the third game~

So far the second for me.. but I gotta finish the other two :3 And then there's more after that <333

I love all the main characters <3 Gumshoe is a sweetie; Edgey is awesome; Nick rules! Maya is cute! Fransizka is cool! They're just all wicked!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

Why not?
    I mean, they pulled of an epic storyline during the series with the Fey Family Fued, and with Edgeworth, that could be excellent anime quality!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013

Absolutely. It would be interesting to see how the games translate to anime.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    TAKE THAT!

Joining :D

Favorite Character is... Gumshoe. He was hilarious! And the puns about his pay in Ace Attorney Investigations were priceless xD

Hated Character is Ambassador Quercus Alba :/ He was really evil man :(

One that deserves more love is Franzisca Von Karma :D Her whipping people and her "Foolishly foolish" dialogues were funny xD

Best Criminal would be Damon Gant. Ingenious killer lol But close second is Matt Engarde. He was really an evil guy :<

Yup, I wouldn't mind :>

Also, I found a rather hilarious video featuring Phoenix and the crew...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    ^ I actually love that Boot to the Head video, the animations go so well with the dialogue. XD;

Speaking of which, has anyone heard of or seen any Phoenix Wrong videos on YouTube? I like some of them. Actually, there's one in particular that I liked that's somewhere on YouTube (too lazy to check now, I'll post the vid later) where they parody the intro to Azumanga Daioh and it's pretty well done.

(For those who've never heard of it, Phoenix Wrong videos are fan videos where people take the PW character animations and dialogue from various TV shows and movies and stuff and put them together)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Anyone have any great Ace Attorney fanfiction they've read? I can't find anything that rivals this one that I read a while ago- and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for anything they thought was good.

I'm up for anything, I don't mind BL (Boylove) but I don't really care for graphic sexual stuff- but if it's a good story and it has it in it, then I'm more than willing to read. I'm also up for any pairings, or no pairings at all. Funny, tragic, romance.. any genre. Just whatever you think is good! Send it over!

If you're interested, the one I read is called Of Fake Fairytales and Faux Amour by Lyrical Rawr. It does have BL (Miles/Nick) in it, but the only thing sexual is like innuendo and playful banter as of chapter 12 (it's not complete) so if it's updated with something really inappropriate I don't want to get in trouble here. But as of now, it's pretty much rated PG 13.
    Anyways this is the plot: Miles desperately needs a way of removing an unwanted admirer, and what better way is there than to pretend to date his very male, straight best friend and rival? Sigh, it sounded so foolproof in his head at least...

And.. I made fanart lol:
    Spoiler:

I've worked a bit more on it than what was on my blog (too lazy to take another screenshot), but it's still not done.. :C been working on some sculptures for people so this has taken a backseat.. but I do plan on finishing it. Arm's a bit too long right now.. soo.. gotta fix that ._. lol

EDIT: ALSOOOOO

THIS WAS RELEASED LAST NIGHT:

(If you can't see it:

https://youtu.be/_foqkDzsvtQ ~)

YAAYY ACE ATTORNEY MOVIE <3

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back