• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OBJECTION! (An Ace Attorney topic!)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • And I'm probably being nitpicky, but did no one recognise Junie's outfit as Lamiroir's? Phoenix, Apollo and Gavin were all there, and none of them seemed to notice (or mention it, at least, if they did).
    I'm sure it was intentional that they didn't mention it, largely because of Lamiror's relation to the game and Ace Attorney's silence about previous games in the series (depending on the plot point. In this case, because it didn't have any relevance to the case, they didn't bring it up (so as not to confuse people who haven't played AJ).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm kind of annoyed that they performed Guitar's Serenade in the first place. I'm absolutely certain that Klavier said he'd never perform that song again.

(also if we're being nitpicky can I just say that Klavier's necklace changed between AJ and DD like the DD version doesn't match any other thing with the Gavinners logo on it)
    compare!
    Spoiler:

it just really bothers me ok why did it change

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • It looks a bit bigger and shinier and the end of the G is a bit different. But it could easily be a different necklace? Being a member of the band, I'm sure he has tons of spare Gavinners merchandise lying around the place, he could probably get a bigger, shinier one if he wanted. I suspect we're thinking about it a bit too much though. :3

One person whose re-appearance does make me scratch my head a bit is Pearly. I've only seen her in the DLC case so far, but apparently she hasn't changed clothing, hairstyle or mannerisms since we last saw her like 10 years ago. She's supposed to be several years older than Trucy 'like a big sister', but you wouldn't know it by looking at them.

I love how I'm complaining about old characters and I haven't even reached the bit with Edgeworth yet. I hope I don't ruin it for myself by nitpicking it to shreds as it goes on. What'd you guys think of him? (without spoiling any plot for me, if possible >_>)

Warship

異議あり!
    Years
  • aw yeah an ace attorney thread! ^^ i played every game except dual destinies and aai2 bt im planning to get dual destinies soon and play aai2 as soon as its fully translated. its among my favorite gaming franchises atm and i actually shout "Objection!" irl sometimes XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • The proportions of the right-side half are completely different. But I mean- logos are consistent. His necklace in AJ flashback was the same as AJ present. The logo on all the Gavinners merch is the same as the AJ one. They wouldn't change the logo of a disbanded group, either. The DD necklace is the only thing with that style of logo.

Pearly... makes sense for me. She's slightly more grown up. She was originally shy and kinda scared of people, but after becoming friends with Phoenix she was much less shy and ended up being very bubbly and outgoing. Now she seems mature and reserved in her interactions. I mean she's still physically small, but when set beside Trucy, she's def the big sister. She's only like a year and a bit older anyway iirc.

Edgey is Edgey. Don't worry about him. :>

eyyy yo warship :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well good news, the makers of Ace Attorney will plan to continue the series, and they will devote their time to the next Ace Attorney game after AA vs PL! <3

BTW, thoughts about a possible next game? Like.. unanswered questions addressed?

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • BTW, thoughts about a possible next game? Like.. unanswered questions addressed?
    Apollo and Trucy learning "the truth", showing us how Maya's been, and maybe Franzy and Gummy and Ema too, Athena rising up the ranks and becoming a lawyer worth respecting (maybe even her or Apollo defending an older character, wouldn't that be awesome...?!), a Steel Samurai-related case (with an anime cutscene for it, no less...!), and maybe a proper return of the older "tricks" (i.e. Psyche-locks, Perceive) with a bit more focus, along with a new one, just a little less leniency...

There's a lot they can do with a new game. More than I can even predict.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I know everyone wants Maya back and all, but...I'd rather she didn't make a big appearance. The first three games were about the Fey family, and I think that the fact that they've been keeping their appearances to a minimum was a very smart decision. It makes it feel less gratuitous and less forced, really drilling in the the fact that she's in the position she's in and that she's a busy woman.

If they bring her back at all, I'd like it to be at the end of the 3DS trilogy (because, and I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but each system has had three Ace Attorney titles (GBA with PW 1,2, and 3; DS with AJ, AAI 1 and 2; 3DS with DD and whatever comes next) it's just speculation on my part, though), either as an endgame appearance or a trial based around the Fey family.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • I know everyone wants Maya back and all, but...I'd rather she didn't make a big appearance. The first three games were about the Fey family, and I think that the fact that they've been keeping their appearances to a minimum was a very smart decision. It makes it feel less gratuitous and less forced, really drilling in the the fact that she's in the position she's in and that she's a busy woman.

If they bring her back at all, I'd like it to be at the end of the 3DS trilogy (because, and I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but each system has had three Ace Attorney titles (GBA with PW 1,2, and 3; DS with AJ, AAI 1 and 2; 3DS with DD and whatever comes next) it's just speculation on my part, though), either as an endgame appearance or a trial based around the Fey family.
    I don't mind if she no longer plays a big role, but I must object to the idea of only bringing her back in the final 3DS game. That's too long to wait to see a beloved character and see how she's doing. Last thing I want is to wait four more years to see the girl I love finally come back. And I'm sure the other fans would agree.

... Also, AAI only had 1 and 2, and 3 is not looking likely, so yeah.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I don't mind if she no longer plays a big role, but I must object to the idea of only bringing her back in the final 3DS game. That's too long to wait to see a beloved character and see how she's doing. Last thing I want is to wait four more years to see the girl I love finally come back. And I'm sure the other fans would agree.

... Also, AAI only had 1 and 2, and 3 is not looking likely, so yeah.
    I just think that it's better to wait and have an appearance pay off rather than to just give them an appearance that "just happens" and/or isn't really meaningful in the grand scheme. I'd rather her appear in a climactic, conclusive entry of the AA series that is meant to be the high point of engagement and emotion than one that simply leads into or precedes another one, especially since she's such an important character compared to every other one.

And I'm not saying each Ace Attorney has three iterations, I'm saying that there are three canonical AA titles on each system, and the three canonical games are Apollo Justice, AAI, and AAI2 (in that order).

...Speaking of reappearances, I wanna see Iris. And, in a lesser case (because I know there's a low chance that she'll be back), Viola. Loved Viola.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'd love to see Maya again, but I'd like her to cameo as in like, she's around town for a while and is a witness in a case OR meeting her in a professional capacity, as in the protagonist needs to talk to a dead person for a clue or something. Nothing really major, but enough to have an actual role as opposed to Pearl in DD just kind of filling in.

Like I said earlier, I want an Apollo-led case with Phoenix as the assistant because I want to see them working together more. I want another Apollo-Trucy case, and I want them to learn the truth. I want more Klavier and some touching upon what he went through in AJ. I'd like to see some older characters reappear and be involved again- some witnesses or defendants or whatever in new roles this time (specifically Wocky Kitaki and Guy Eldoon because I like them a lot dont judge me). I wanna see Larry too actually. I hope he's a successful craftsman or something because sculpting and tinkering and probably metalwork seem to be his thing. Maybe he owns a little shop somewhere and they trace a weapon back to him or something. Gumshoe and Maggey better be together because seriously dude. And I wanna see Ema as an actual forensic scientist! Or at least bringing more forensic science into her detective work and enjoying it more.

I WANT A LOT OF THINGS OK

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'd definitely love to see an Apollo-Trucy case. Trucy really didn't get enough of a spotlight in Dual Destinies and I love her character. She made a great companion in AJ.

And about Ema coming back as a forensic scientist, I'd love that too. I really liked Ema in Ace Attorney, and it's really unfortunate, not from a writing standpoint but from a canon standpoint, what happened to her in AJ. She lost her spark, and she only really got excited in the rare cases that Apollo and Trucy needed her help. Back in Ace Attorney she always had this excitable nature about her and she had a fun personality, and I could only imagine that, if she became a forensic scientist, that inextinguishable excitement that she used to have would reignite.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Trucy is just... aaaa. She's a cutie and I like her relationships with everyone, but especially Apollo. I wish she was more compatible as an assistant to Athena, but I doubt that will ever be a thing. Those two would be a chaotic team.

I would like that for Ema as well, but I almost am getting a better feeling from the idea of her finding a way to make the job she's stuck in more enjoyable. Like, that'd be a nice message to send- "I didn't get my dream job, but I've figured out how to incorporate my interests into this one and I'm happy with my life." In AJ her failure was pretty recent and she was pretty down about it so she was fairly grumpy, but maybe she'd be able to find a new perspective and make the most of what she has.
    I'd also like her to have more interactions with Klavier, because those two are pretty fun together. I just like their dynamic. And I'm sure if she were happier in her position she'd be a little less mean to him. She takes out her anger on everyone. :P

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • And about Ema coming back as a forensic scientist, I'd love that too. I really liked Ema in Ace Attorney, and it's really unfortunate, not from a writing standpoint but from a canon standpoint, what happened to her in AJ. She lost her spark, and she only really got excited in the rare cases that Apollo and Trucy needed her help. Back in Ace Attorney she always had this excitable nature about her and she had a fun personality, and I could only imagine that, if she became a forensic scientist, that inextinguishable excitement that she used to have would reignite.

Tell me about it- I loved Ema much better as a cute forensic scientist. Mmm, sure, I do still love her as a detective, but I prefer cheerful eccentric Ema over the grumpy Ema any day. Yeah, it was indeed very bad what happened; which brings me to a question.. what ever happened with Detective Gumshoe?

If he got fired then I would be a very unhappy panda. ;A;

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I've heard that the Ace Attorney games are going to be released as ports for Japanese 3DS's. Maybe we'll get lucky and we can have the games for 3DS ports too? o:

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Gah, never played any of the Ace Attorney games. They remind me a little of Professor Layton however, I think that the game should fuse. Professor Layton or Luke should capture a villain then Ace should try to let the convict run free. They both then battle it out in a series of trials. The games are cheap at Gamestop atm, I should buy one or three.

Back