• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Objection! ~ The Ace Attorney Fan Club

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
-What is your favorite Ace Attorney song?
Phoenix Wright's main theme.
His main theme? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have one, mainly because there's no single song that's consistent throughout every game.

Is there anything you'd change about the game or story?
I wish it would be a bit clear where the setting of the series is. Other than that, that's about it.
It's California. Originally it was Japan, but it was changed in the localization (which was in the original Japanese release, before it was even being considered for the West).

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Why didn't I ever notice this existed? Well, whatever, here I am signing up.

Username: striderviper
Favorite Character: I really warmed up to Apollo in Dual Destinies, so I'm gonna go with that.
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: Pretty much all of them, including Investigations 2.

What's your favorite culprit? - The Phantom in Dual Destinies, or more specifically the guy who he pretends to be.

Years
Sorry I'm late for the club. I never saw it until today. I was too busy over what I was doing to the Objection! thread.

Username: TheFattestSnorlax

Favorite Character: Manfred Von Karma (I love how evil he looks. And the white hair.)

What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?:
Every one, except for Apollo Justice and the crossover with Professor Layton.

-Snip-
Welcome, TheFattestSnorlax! Manfred von Karma certainly was a formidable prosecutor. I think one of my favorite traits of his (aside from the ridiculous lengths he would go to win a case) was his booming Objection voice. His voice is so deep it amuses me. ^_^ I haven't gotten around to playing the Professor Layton Crossover yet, either...
Why didn't I ever notice this existed? Well, whatever, here I am signing up.

Username: striderviper
Favorite Character: I really warmed up to Apollo in Dual Destinies, so I'm gonna go with that.
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: Pretty much all of them, including Investigations 2.

What's your favorite culprit? - The Phantom in Dual Destinies, or more specifically the guy who he pretends to be.
Welcome, striderviper! Yay, Polly Apollo finally gets some love! Generally speaking, he isn't as favored as the other main characters and people often choose to pass up his game... A shame, really.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Welcome, striderviper! Yay, Polly Apollo finally gets some love! Generally speaking, he isn't as favored as the other main characters and people often choose to pass up his game... A shame, really.

Honestly, I didn't like Apollo that much before I played Dual Destinies, and in that game he has Athena and other people to interact with. I didn't really like Trucy, I thought she was just Maya except with magic and not as well-written.

Speaking of, the protagonist from Dai Gyakuten Saiban looks more like Apollo than Phoenix to me, is that weird?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
ACE ATTORNEY <3

Username: Seth Rollins
Favorite Character: Miles Edgeworth
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: All of them except Dual Destinies. (and the crossover too)

Who's your favorite culprit? Dahlia Hawthorne. I love how she had a past relationship with Phoenix (not really but y'know guys ;) ) and in the end Phoenix just had to prove she was guilty. Can't imagine how it must have felt for him.

Years
ACE ATTORNEY <3

Username: Seth Rollins
Favorite Character: Miles Edgeworth
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: All of them except Dual Destinies. (and the crossover too)

Who's your favorite culprit? Dahlia Hawthorne. I love how she had a past relationship with Phoenix (not really but y'know guys ;) ) and in the end Phoenix just had to prove she was guilty. Can't imagine how it must have felt for him.
Welcome to the club, Seth Rollins!

Ah, that reminds me. I think it's time for a new topic... Too bad there isn't a lot of news regarding Dai Gyakuten Saiban as of late. Hopefully E3 will fix that.

What is your favorite relationship between two characters?
This can be platonic, romantic, between family members, a rivalry, etc.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The father-daughter relationship between Trucy and Phoenix. I've always liked Trucy, and I absolutely loved how, in Apollo Justice, the two went from being so lovably different (which was really cute, seeing a young Trucy interact with Phoenix) to being so in-sync you'd think they had rehearsed their lines. The love between the two was real, and it's relationships like that, be they blood or forged, that I really dig.

Which is a good deal of why I was disappointed with Trucy's lack of presence in Dual Destinies. I understood why she got as much attention as she did, but it really was a shame as she wasn't really in the game.

Bay

Years
Ah, that reminds me. I think it's time for a new topic... Too bad there isn't a lot of news regarding Dai Gyakuten Saiban as of late. Hopefully E3 will fix that..

You're in luck as Famitsu recently released some new info (and characters) for DGS!

Maya and Pearl's familial bond. Both have very cute interactions together and they really care for one another.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
been a while since i was active here...

i have to agree with the abovementioned relationship between Phoenix and Trucy. to be honest Trucy isn't really one of my favourite characters at all, but i agree that their interaction is really cool to see haha.
apart from that, i'd mention the relationship between Phoenix and Edgeworth (and maybe combined with that the relation between Edgeworth and Franziska von Karma). they have a certain rivalry going on, and it seems like they're predominantly hostile, but then there's these moments when they know they need each other and they can really rely on one another. i don't know, i really like those times.

Years
OH MY GOSH I HAVE TO JOIN ACE ATTORNEY IS MY FAV

Username: Sansa Stark
Favorite Character: DAHLIA HAWTHORNE (She was my username on here once upon a time, but now is one of my alts lmao)
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: All released/localized titles except AAI2.

Favorite relationship between two characters?
Phoenix and Edgeworth - I mean, this is pretty obvious. I love their friendship/rivalry/love/etc. It's cute.
Mia and Maya - I love their bond. ;w; (I want to throw Pearl in this, too. I love my Feys.)

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
- Have you heard of the upcoming "Dai Gyakuten Saiban" title and if so, what are your thoughts so far? Do you hope it eventually gets localized and released in your country?
I've only looked into it... Is it main-series or is this just a spin-off? Nobody in it seems familiar.

Favorite Relationship between two characters?
Probably between Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey. They look and are so great together.

Years
OH MY GOSH I HAVE TO JOIN ACE ATTORNEY IS MY FAV

Username: Sansa Stark
Favorite Character: DAHLIA HAWTHORNE (She was my username on here once upon a time, but now is one of my alts lmao)
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: All released/localized titles except AAI2.

Favorite relationship between two characters?
Phoenix and Edgeworth - I mean, this is pretty obvious. I love their friendship/rivalry/love/etc. It's cute.
Mia and Maya - I love their bond. ;w; (I want to throw Pearl in this, too. I love my Feys.)
Welcome, Sansa Stark! I swear it seems Dahlia is the fan favorite villain in the AA series... I wonder if the creators will ever be able to create another baddie that rivals her in appeal.

Oh yeah, I haven't even answered the latest question myself yet... I always thought Gumshoe and Maggey Byrde would make a cute couple. I don't really have any evidence to back this up other than Gumshoes little crush on Maggey.. xD

Years
..seriously? To me, that's one of the few canon couples lmao. I like to think they eventually got together. I forgot about them lmao.

Yeah, I've loved Dahlia since I first played GS3's GBA Fan Translation and we knew her as..Dolores Willow. n_n;

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
Speaking of, the protagonist from Dai Gyakuten Saiban looks more like Apollo than Phoenix to me, is that weird?
no, i think so too. that, or he looks like apollo's and phoenix's lovechild haha. he does have some of phoenix's mannerisms though:

tumblr_nm6byhwFJ81s0g6pxo1_400.png
tumblr_nm6byhwFJ81s0g6pxo2_400.png

tumblr_nm4yuutVhr1qidhqro1_500.gif
tumblr_nm4yuutVhr1qidhqro2_400.gif

Years
A new trailer for Dai Gyakuten Saiban was released today! The game goes on sale in Japan next week on July 9th.

Still no word on localization to the west...

Bay

Years
Watched the trailer earlier today and looks great! :D Yeah, hopefully there's news of localization soon (if it became digital only in NA, that's better than not getting the game at all XD ).

Years
Reviving this thread because we finally got some great new Ace Attorney news today!

Ace Attorney 6 has been announced! We already have official confirmation for a western release, too!
I've given up on an official release for Dai Gyakuten Saiban...

We also have some famitsu leaks from the Court Records tumblr.
Spoiler:

Discuss! ^^

Reactions: Sun

Bay

Years
Already mentioned in the AA6 thread over at Video Games section that I'm looking forward to more info in Tokyo Game Show!

Spoiler:

As for the future of Dai Gyakuten Saiban's localization release, I'm a bit sad there's likely no chance for that unless Capcom gets another localization team or Nintendo publishing it/do the marketing. Could be a chance we'll get DGS much later similar to the Professor Layton and PW crossover, but I doubt that. At least we'll get an AA game in the west!

Back