• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"OBJECTION!"

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    But my thoughts about the AA5 trailer:" Looks good and sounds nice. Im sure it will feel like an aa game. Only thing Im conserned is the prosecutor. I realy hope they make him a more menacing one. Atleast he looks like it... I realy didnt like Klavier and his "buddyness". :/
    Agreed. Though he looks more like a Shi-Long kinda character, but as great as he was, he was still too buddy buddy for a rival. It fits within Investigation's context, but in a main game in the series? I don't want to work with the rival. I want to detest him, especially when he objects to anything I do and proves me wrong. I want someone like Miles or Manfred in AA1, not Klavier.

He'll probably end up to be another "nicer than he actually looks" character though.

All would be forgiven if Gumshoe returns as detective. Ema was awesome when she was a forensics scientist, but in AJ she sucked, especially as Gumshoe's replacement. If not Gumshoe, then Tyrell Badd, but that'll never happen, so only Gumshoe.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • All would be forgiven if Gumshoe returns as detective. Ema was awesome when she was a forensics scientist, but in AJ she sucked, especially as Gumshoe's replacement. If not Gumshoe, then Tyrell Badd, but that'll never happen, so only Gumshoe.
    I was pretty disappointed with Ema in AJ. If she were to return, I'd at least like a personality change. She seemed too...how should I put this...? Well, she was too not Ema, I guess. I didn't hate her, can't say there are any characters in AA I hate, but she wasn't nearly as appealing as in AA DS. Oh, and snakoos.

In terms of Prosecutors, I was fine with Klavier, as well as Lang. I mean, I really like Edgeworth and Manfred, but I doubt they'd make their next prosecutor so "evil" because that was the point they were trying to drive in AA. They were meant to be perfect and only cared about a Guilty verdict, rather than the truth. Klavier, on the other hand, was more interested in finding the truth, and Lang was simply doing his job while following the views of his doctrine, and I think that that uniqueness (and the way the Von Karma line develops as characters) is what keeps the prosecutors/rivals from becoming stale.

Really, if anything, I'd like the next prosecutor to be more like Lang or Godot. These two weren't obsessed with perfection, weren't blatantly evil, and had their own reasons for pursuing defendants the way they did. It was this sort of aggressive neutrality that made them so interesting as rivals (though they both had great personalities, as well), and I'd definitely like to see it again.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Yeah, I pretty much agree, and that I didn't care much about Ema's attitute prior to AJ. I mean, I can understand everything that happened to her; like how she was 'dragged' to the detective's spot, but still, as eccentric and energetic as she was in AA1 and AAI, it's sort of a disappointment on her attitude change, imo.

For the new prosecutor, I can see him kind of act like Lang, and have an attitude to pursue the truth, but, it'd be interesting if he had "another side" to him, and have a more evil, sinister side. Maybe he has a role to play in a plot that has to do with Apollo's "power"?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies

Featuring Phoenix Wright and Athena Cykes

Then comes the relatively bad news. The West isn't getting a retail release due to the sales of the other Phoenix Wright games, so they're going digital with this one. This may prove to be a good thing, however, as if this game does well, they'll realize that bringing other games over, even if it's digitally, can attract money, and if that's proven then we may well see a Western release of Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright. What's more, we may even be able to see a Western release of AAI2.

And maybe a North American release of the Inazuma Eleven games, if Level-5 takes notice. I can dream...

Zet

Years
  • Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies

Featuring Phoenix Wright and Athena Cykes

Then comes the relatively bad news. The West isn't getting a retail release due to the sales of the other Phoenix Wright games, so they're going digital with this one. This may prove to be a good thing, however, as if this game does well, they'll realize that bringing other games over, even if it's digitally, can attract money, and if that's proven then we may well see a Western release of Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright. What's more, we may even be able to see a Western release of AAI2.

And maybe a North American release of the Inazuma Eleven games, if Level-5 takes notice. I can dream...
    Actually, only the US will be getting a digital download, everywhere else will be getting retail.

I think "Dual Destinies" would make an excellent title for an English release of Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright.

I too hope to see the Inazuma Eleven games get released outside of Japan.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm really bummed about the no-retail release for AA5. :( I don't have an English 3DS. I've played a few games in English using my roommate's 3DS but I don't want to download any games to it because then he owns them, not me. But I also don't intend on getting an English 3DS until they release the hot pink XL here. (I'm assuming they will. I'll be so sad if they don't.) I guess I have plenty of time to figure out what I'm going to do but it'll really suck to miss out on this just because I can't buy it retail. ;_;

I don't trust my Japanese enough to get it in Japanese, either. :c It's already going to be an uphill struggle to get through Layton vs AA when I pick that up again and that's already simplified because of the Layton influence...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • It's a shame eShop purchases still aren't transferable, though I've grown into a life where I seldom share games anyway.

The trailer there fails to mention the other guy who's returning. (They totally don't want to retire him, haha.)
    Still, this whole "Game locked to single 3DS" is so fragile. I have close to, if not more than, $100 worth of material on my 3DS, plus the ambassador's stuff. One wrong move, and I could lose it all. They really need to put doing something about that on their priority list.

Years
  • I think I might pick up some pre-owned copies of the previous games and then read up on the AAI2 plot in preparation for AA5 because it looks far too good to miss.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2013
    Ordered Layton vs Wright on Play Asia. Should play that then pick this new one up. I guess it might be cheaper then if it was a game in the store but idk

Years
  • I really wish they'd go ahead and release AAI2. I'm forever bitter about that. I mean you get to play as lksdjflkdsjfad.
    Anywho. I'm a longtime AA fan. I imported the DS games as they came out in Japan. Oh, they days when they came with both languages u_u; (Just like the scent of fresh lemon, you see?)

My favorite game is Trials and Tribulations, mainly because of Dahlia Hawthorne n_n I used to be obsessed with her back in the day. Plus, playing as Mia Fey is awesome. :3

I'm disappointed about the lack of physical retail release, but I'll take it. I've missed Apollo ;_;

I swear to the gods old and new if we don't see Maya in this game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • A new japanese trailer came out!

This trailer showcases more features, as well as the features from the previous games making a come back. It also showcases more characters, annnd a very special past character made an appearance!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Not just one, but four!

Spoiler:

Seems like there's a case that involves mascot wrestlers. I'm all on that.

And I still can't get over the fact that Phoenix Wright's japanese name is Naruhodo. It's so awkward and confusing.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Not just one, but four!

Spoiler:

I just heard about that too, and uuuugh so hyped omg

Just in case any of you are curious, some of the soundtracks have been released for AA5:

This is the trial theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4bHzpVNj3w
    Here is the new cornered theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWunMFukKJ0
    The "suspense" theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMwLzIgdP-c
    Annnd the objection! theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVm0XEcN9Os

Take a quick listen to them if you want! There's also more tracks if you want to check them out as well!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    That's making me wonder, actually
    Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gotta say, this new trailer has made me very anxious. I think this might turn out to be the best game since Trials and Tribulations, if not better.

Not to mention it has a completely orchestrated soundtrack, and any game that does that gets major points in my book (especially if it's done well). Not only that, but it's done by the great Noriyuki Iwadare, the man who did the OST for Trials and Tribulations and AAI, and orchestrated/composed Gyakuten Saiban meets Orcestra 1+2, Gyakuten Saiban meets Jazz Soul, as well as worked on many different games. I look forward to music in games and I have little doubt that this will be my favorite game in the series in that respect, especially since, up until AJ, the music was mostly GBA quality but was upped a little for DS release (though they were still great nonetheless). Of course, I'll keep my expectations at a medium, since high expectations tend to ruin great experiences and often do, but I am looking forward to it.

Last edited:
    Back