• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Guys just because they have different typed moves doesn't mean they'll evolve with those as secondary types.

Chespin's evo has mud shot because it's possibly based on a football. When you kick a football in the start of a game, you kick it at the bottom to ensure it's kicked high. That results in the kick hitting the ground thus dirt is "shot".

Froakie has Bounce because...well, self-explanatory. Ribbit.

Dunno about Fennekin.
    That's true. Fennekin's psychic moves though are too much to be coincidence...

Frokaie will proably be Fighting and Chespin...I don't know...

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    Oh god you imagine how dangerous a mega azumarril will be with its fairy typing now it makes you shutter lol my poor Dragonite

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I know...but then again this region is based of France {XD}

I wonder if the single guy is the leader, or one of the girls, if any of them...

I imagine the guy is the leader. If I had to judge him based on his design and the overall theme of beauty this organization has, I'd said he is slightly flamboyant and his catchphrase is either "Fabulous!"or "Beautiful" lol. Not but I guess this is a little better than they just wanting money, although it makes sense now that they want money since they seem very materialistic and shallow with their whole infatuation with beauty.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
    Guys just because they have different typed moves doesn't mean they'll evolve with those as secondary types.

Chespin's evo has mud shot because it's possibly based on a football. When you kick a football in the start of a game, you kick it at the bottom to ensure it's kicked high. That results in the kick hitting the ground thus dirt is "shot".

Froakie has Bounce because...well, self-explanatory. Ribbit.

Dunno about Fennekin.

There are theories about fennekin being like a sorcer fox.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Z confirmed as sequel.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    This means Honedge will be weak to 4 types instead of 2. So lame. I hope that is just a typo on the type chart.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    ^ Not so sure about that, Francois, but you have really keen eyes! Maybe Nintendo has another trick up their sleeves like they did with Black 2 and White 2. But nice job, I didn't catch that :O

It's still not computing in my brain that Chespin isn't a reptile. ERROR! ERROR! I think it has a chance of becoming an Ankylosaurus-type thing. Maybe. Sorta... probably not. But yeah, it looks like a cute armadillo that's on its way to becoming a Grass/Rock Type right now.

I love Froakie's evolution. It's head and body shape has changed and it looks sleek and streamlined. I wonder if the white dots on its snout will act as nasal sacks? Anyways, it will probably become Fighting/Water because, even though I knew about the myth of a fighting frog, I saw someone post these strange ninja frogs that are common in Japanese media. These huge, round, sumo-wrestler looking frogs are seen often, I guess.

I'm looking up foxes right now. There's already Ninetales and so far the only fox myth I know is the nine-tailed Kitsune and the Pipe Fox. Info on the Pipe Fox can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuda-gitsune
    I'm pretty certain Fennekin is going to be partially psychic, although these foxes are known to possess people (Ghost) and are somewhat of an equivalent to European fairies (Fairy, source Wikipedia). Foxes in general are known as tricksters with otherworldly mental abilities. Also, many of these myth-foxes take the form of humans, explaining Fen's new bipedal posture. EDIT: It did pop into my head Fen's tail could resemble a broomstick (and therefore a witch) but I don't see too much resemblance. What's more witch-like about Fen is that the fur around its hips resembles a skirt or even a dress to me. But back to the broom: I've never seen a split branch be used as a broomstick, haha. If anything I thought it was because foxes live deep in the forest and I guess Fen got a twig stuck in there. It also looks like a wishing stick (it's actually a wishing bone, but you can use pretty much any two-pronged object), which is American, but I'll look up the significance of these 2-pronged sticks (if there is any) in Japanese mythology. And the reason I keep thinking it's Japanese is because of how common their mythological foxes are... It could be a witch but I'm just not so sure. Imma keep updating although no-one is probably reading lol.

And of course, I'm not saying I'm a mythology genius. Do some Googlin' and you'll know about myths instantly :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

Z confirmed as sequel.
    Backward Z? Hah!

The bottom doesn't make sensee. The line go through his feet? Why is Fennekin the only one where the letter doesn't make up its body? Also you could make Chespin look like a Y too.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I would guess GameFreak were thinking outside the box.
    Now you're just making excuses. It's not hard to imagine a letter on a Pokemon design like that, not to mention the "hidden" letters are very inconsistent throughout the three design, amongst other things.

Frankly, I found the theory to be extremely far fetched.

Years
    dude, that makes no sense at all.
    There's also a reverse Z in Froakie's head with the snout forming the bottom part and the area on top of eyes the top part, that one is more noticible and makes more sense imo. However we maybe looking too much into this...however the first thing I thought after seeing the evolutions was the letters Y and X being on Chespin and Fennekin (with Chespin's horns and tail forming the Y and Fennekin's ear hear and cheek fur forming the X).

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    I imagine the guy is the leader. If I had to judge him based on his design and the overall theme of beauty this organization has, I'd said he is slightly flamboyant and his catchphrase is either "Fabulous!"or "Beautiful" lol. Not but I guess this is a little better than they just wanting money, although it makes sense now that they want money since they seem very materialistic and shallow with their whole infatuation with beauty.

LOL your post reminded me of this

But I'm interested in the pokemons Team Flare will have. I think the pokedex will contain "cute" or "pretty/beautiful" pokemon just for Team Flare.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    Now you're just making excuses. It's not hard to imagine a letter on a Pokemon design like that, not to mention the "hidden" letters are very inconsistent throughout the three design, amongst other things.

Frankly, I found the theory to be extremely far fetched.

You can say that but if you look back through all the previous generations, you see the same pattern. Just look:

Spoiler:

In retrospect, B2W2 were extremely obvious. I'm shocked nobody got it at the time.

But anyway, enough of amazing theories. The new type matchups are quite fun, there's a lot of good done. Well that's an exaggeration, there's been a moderate amount of good. My main problem is the handling of Steel. I really would have preferred any other type to resist Fairy, preferably the terminally overlooked Ice. Steel being Super Effective against Fairy is also a bit much. For one thing, it makes the buff to Poison superfluous, as Steel continues to do most everything Poison does better. The removal of the resistances to Ghost and Dark are a lot more digestible, but it all seems somewhat pointless as a counter-balance when both of those types aren't massively relevant, and in losing those resistances, Steel has gained a huge amount of offensive power, and is probably in a better defensive position too.

I'm also unhappy about Bug being resisted by Fairy. The 18th type was a golden opportunity to fix some mismatched types but minor buffs to Dark, Ghost and Poison, while leaving Ice and Grass untouched and hurting Bug really is quite a poor showing.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    You can say that but if you look back through all the previous generations, you see the same pattern. Just look:

Spoiler:

In retrospect, B2W2 were extremely obvious. I'm shocked nobody got it at the time.
    Dude. What. Now you're just being delusional. That picture makes no sense whatsoever.

But suuuure, I'll play along.

Using my amazing hypothesis and calculations, I have cracked the code in this image and deduced that not only Z is confirmed but R/S/E and FR/LG remakes are as well!

OH WHAT'S THAT? THE POKEMON ARE COLORED RED, BLUE AND GREEN! FURTHER EVIDENCE FOR MY THEORY THAT R/S/E AND FR/LG ARE GETTING A REMAKE! AND AN OCEAN BLUE TOO!

There's 3 pokemon, Half Life 3 confirmed!!

You're my hero!

EDIT: God dammit. You got me.

Years
    Dude. What. Now you're just being delusional. That picture makes no sense whatsoever.

But suuuure, I'll play along.

Using my amazing hypothesis and calculations, I have cracked the code in this image and deduced that not only Z is confirmed but R/S/E and FR/LG remakes are as well!

OH WHAT'S THAT? THE POKEMON ARE COLORED RED, BLUE AND GREEN! FURTHER EVIDENCE FOR MY THEORY THAT R/S/E AND FR/LG ARE GETTING A REMAKE! AND AN OCEAN BLUE TOO!

You're my hero!

EDIT: God dammit. You got me.
    Lol he's proably being sarcastic with the BWB2W2 thing...

Now I do think that the starters could have the letter in their final evolutions as a sort of reference to the title of the games.

Back