• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Since its on the anniversary of Pokemon Emerald. I think it could just be the Mega evolutions for the Hoenn starters it only makes sense since we already have MegaBlaziken.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I actually wanted to talk about two of the new revealed pokemon, the fossils Amaura and Tyrunt. To me this 2 pokemon seem to have a lot of potential.

First with Tyrunt, it seems to me GF is putting Tyrunt's evolutionary line as king of the fossil pokemon. Tyrunt's description is Royal Heir, this tell me its evolution must be a sort of king and it makes sense since T-Rex where the top predators on there time. Competitively it has potential when you look to what creature is based from, the T-Rex was known for its powerful bite and incredible running speed so high Attack and Speed is what I expect. It's ability is good, Biting moves have a lot of variety with Fire, Ice, Dark, Electric and Poison (this is if he gets all the Fang moves and Crunch of course). Hopefully new biting moves will be introduce this gen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I actually wanted to talk about two of the new revealed pokemon, the fossils Amaura and Tyrunt. To me this 2 pokemon seem to have a lot of potential.

First with Tyrunt, it seems to me GF is putting Tyrunt's evolutionary line as king of the fossil pokemon. Tyrunt's description is Royal Heir, this tell me its evolution must be a sort of king and it makes sense since T-Rex where the top predators on there time. Competitively it has potential when you look to what creature is based from, the T-Rex was known for its powerful bite and incredible running speed so high Attack and Speed is what I expect. It's ability is good, Biting moves have a lot of variety with Fire, Ice, Dark, Electric and Poison (this is if he gets all the Fang moves and Crunch of course). Hopefully new biting moves will be introduce this gen.
    It's also said that their skulls were hard as diamond...in cartoons, so maybe the can have high defense, making it's special stats the low as to balance it out.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    It's also said that their skulls were hard as diamond...in cartoons, so maybe the can have high defense, making it's special stats the low as to balance it out.

I'm not sure if I agree with that to be honest. Tyrunt's body is quite small so I don't think they'll invest heavily in defense. Interestingly, I have a good feeling that it will also have the Rock Head ability. I think it's going to be a Gen. VI remake of Rampardos altogether.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Tyrunt may have a lot of Physical Attack or Special Attack with moderate speed, don't know about the defense tho.

Years
    I'm not sure if I agree with that to be honest. Tyrunt's body is quite small so I don't think they'll invest heavily in defense. Interestingly, I have a good feeling that it will also have the Rock Head ability. I think it's going to be a Gen. VI remake of Rampardos altogether.
    I was refering to it's evolution, which I'm hoping will be the size of a true T-rex.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am also really interested in Tyrunt's evo. It is part dragon, I really want to see how they are going to work out the design. I also have to agree that Tyrunt is probably the Attack of the fossils. I wonder if there will be a 3rd stand alone? Would be interesting.

Also, I think the main reason we are getting Torchic as an event so fast, is because there is a Blaziken going to be playing a big role in the XY anime it would seem, but I am pretty sure all starters will get Megas. I would really love the see Sceptile get some love. I love all the Hoenn starters. (Unless they plan to bring out more at a later time)

Years
    I am also really interested in Tyrunt's evo. It is part dragon, I really want to see how they are going to work out the design. I also have to agree that Tyrunt is probably the Attack of the fossils. I wonder if there will be a 3rd stand alone? Would be interesting.

Also, I think the main reason we are getting Torchic as an event so fast, is because there is a Blaziken going to be playing a big role in the XY anime it would seem, but I am pretty sure all starters will get Megas. I would really love the see Sceptile get some love. I love all the Hoenn starters. (Unless they plan to bring out more at a later time)
    Same here...maybe it'll look similar to Tyranitar but more T-Rex like.

I think they'll proably show off Johto's next...followed by Hoenn, Sinnoh, and finally Unova (or Kalos if they decide to leave out their Mega Stones for a future event.)

TortimerTheGrey

The Digital Sage of Gaming
    Years
    Hello! I am Tortimer the Grey. I am new to this forum!

On the topic of Tyrunt's evo I actually think they will do their best to make it stand out from Tyranitar as much as possible. There is a connection between the two by nature of their names and inspiration so they will probably want to make it VERY T-rex looking. Probably more with a Rampardos like body. Or at least that is what I am expecting. I am pretty excited to see what it will be though because I fully intend to use that little bugger, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    There's a slim chance Tyrunt is gonna evolve into a Dragon. In most asian countries, Dinosaurs are dragons anyway. That explains why Haxorus and Garchomp are dragon type despite looking more like prehistoric dinosaurs. (or in the case of Garchomp, a land shark, which are technically prehistoric.) He'll evolve into a Theropod, no doubt about it. (The question is, WHICH Theropod. T-rex is the most probable by far right now.)

Also I hope that if they are early, the process in getting them isn't as tedious as it is in D/P/Pt. Ugh. R/S/E got it perfect for the fossils.

Years
    There's a slim chance Tyrunt is gonna evolve into a Dragon. In most asian countries, Dinosaurs are dragons anyway. That explains why Haxorus and Garchomp are dragon type despite looking more like prehistoric dinosaurs. (or in the case of Garchomp, a land shark, which are technically prehistoric.) He'll evolve into a Theropod, no doubt about it. (The question is, WHICH Theropod. T-rex is the most probable by far right now.)

Also I hope that if they are early, the process in getting them isn't as tedious as it is in D/P/Pt. Ugh. R/S/E got it perfect for the fossils.
    Actually Tyrunt is already part Dragon xD It's Rock/Dragon.

I feel the RSE and other fossils took a long time evolve...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah, I know. What I meant is that it won't evolve into an actual Dragon.

And DPPt fossils evolved the earliest. At 30. The rest of the fossils evolved at 40. :V

EDIT: Guys the T-Rex wasn't the most dominant dinosaur. There's even evidence that it was more of a scavenger. >_>
    It's most definitely a reference to popular belief. I do hope we get a Giganotosaurus instead of a T-Rex though, or a Carnotauros (my favorite dinosaur) which isn't likely at all.

Years
    Yeah, I know. What I meant is that it won't evolve into an actual Dragon.

And DPPt fossils evolved the earliest. At 30. The rest of the fossils evolved at 40. :V

EDIT: Guys the T-Rex wasn't the most dominant dinosaur. There's even evidence that it was more of a scavenger. >_>
    It's most definitely a reference to popular belief. I do hope we get a Giganotosaurus instead of a T-Rex though, or a Carnotauros (my favorite dinosaur) which isn't likely at all.
    Oh that. Well I doubt it will too.

Opps got them confused...I actually liked the DPPt early evolution. However they sort of did felt like they were too early...
    Speaking of levels I hope the evolution levels aren't as high as some of the Unova Pokémon...Volcarona and Hydreigon take forever...

Years
    I loved how they raisd the bar for evolutionary levels, and call me crazy, but I'm hoping that they raise the bar even moreso in this generation! Evolving Pokes at lv 70-75 sounds like huge effort, but I imagine that it'd be worth it in the end. Plus--and this is a thought that just crossed my mind--what if there was a Poke that would evolve at lv 100? I think that would be pretty cool more or less, but I think I might be alone in that thought. xD;

Pokemon that evolve at level 100 would be bad idea, wht if I accidently press B? I won't have a second chance to evolve it...
    But I think it would be nice if pokemon will evolve more on later levels(not 100!), it will make us appreaciate more the evolution when I suffer alot from the pokemon being weak on the first stages.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Pokemon evolving at too high a level is terrible and one of the things I hated about B/W. Why should I wait so long/grind a lot for my Pokemon to evolve? Even trading is more tolerable. :/

55 should be the highest like it was, and even that's too high and should be exclusive to the very rare Pokemon.

TortimerTheGrey

The Digital Sage of Gaming
    Years
    I tend to agree with Spinosaurus. I found it very annoying how long it took Volcarona and Hydreigon to evolve. Especially the first time. I dunno, I know that in theory a higher level evolution might sound interesting but holy crap would it be annoying in practice. Its bad enough grinding for the E4 in game usually, lol.

Back