• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

October predictions

Years
    It's my birthday... and the start of a new month so time for the next one of the news prediction threads.

So, after a date we were mentioned to have news not delivering, I don't know what to say. But hey, a new month means more news and the question is, what do you hope will get revealed in October? Maybe another new gameplay mechanic or new Alola forms? Or what about new characters?

So many news, yet so little time. Do share your thoughts on what we should have showcased this month!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    i think we will get around 2 trailers this month.
    this is what i think:
    mid october trailer-CoroCoro:The new evil team that we saw in the poster + 2 new Z-moves + some alola form if there is a new ones.

Around the end of october: The pokemon with the eyes in the box art+typing for the 2 new UB + some alola form if there is any new ones + new z-move

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Well first things first... Happy Birthday! :D

As for USUM news... the release date is just a little over a month away, so any news we get this month should be fairly juicy compared to the last bit we got. Personally, I'm mainly hoping for a reveal of those silhouetted characters on that poster, and their roles in the game. Are they new Aether admins similar to what HGSS did with Team Rocket? Are they something new entirely? I just gots to know!

New Alolan forms are another thing. I've been a fan of new forms of old Pokemon ever since the Orange Islands in the anime did something slightly similar, and it's cool to see how they adapt to a new environment, much like the animals of this world. I'm hoping we see some new ones, maybe from Johto onwards?

And that one area we keep seeing in trailers with all the Pikachu running around. I kinda wanna know about that too. Maybe an extension of what the girl in Konikoni City could do?

Around the end of october: The pokemon with the eyes in the box art
    I always thought that was just Necrozma.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    Well first things first... Happy Birthday! :D

As for USUM news... the release date is just a little over a month away, so any news we get this month should be fairly juicy compared to the last bit we got. Personally, I'm mainly hoping for a reveal of those silhouetted characters on that poster, and their roles in the game. Are they new Aether admins similar to what HGSS did with Team Rocket? Are they something new entirely? I just gots to know!

New Alolan forms are another thing. I've been a fan of new forms of old Pokemon ever since the Orange Islands in the anime did something slightly similar, and it's cool to see how they adapt to a new environment, much like the animals of this world. I'm hoping we see some new ones, maybe from Johto onwards?

And that one area we keep seeing in trailers with all the Pikachu running around. I kinda wanna know about that too. Maybe an extension of what the girl in Konikoni City could do?

I always thought that was just Necrozma.

I think it's necrozma too, but this month they gonna reveal how it looks in game+typing.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    I want to see Team Rocket in action. Any news that hint their involvement for this game
    sounds fun. And more of the previous characters from other generations to appear.

Edit: Happy Birthday Ms. Hikamaru! I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
    Years
    I think Darkrai has a point. Considering this is the last month before the game release it's pretty certain the news will have to be something that's best left to last, and like you I'm expecting around a couple of trailers along with the typical CoroCoro.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I also agree. With this being the final month till the games (which just hit me) we should be getting a good batch of news about the new Leaders of the new team or Aether. And other new characters as well as possibly some Alolans and maybe another new UB or 2.

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    Gonna be honest, at this moment in time, new Alolan forms are highly unlikely. Around this time for SM, they started revealing the second stages of the starters and introduced the Festival Plaza - all the Alolan forms were all done by then, as they were one of the hottest new things that this gen would bring to the table. Now they seem to be focusing on the USUM-exclusive stuff, such as Necrozma's forms, the photo club, and surfing on Mantine. It seems too late to start putting in Alola forms now, and knowing how much GF loves Kanto, they probably won't do the same for other regions.

Also, the poster that was leaked a few weeks ago, featuring artwork of Lillie clutching a Pokeball, Hau looking more determined and what appear to be Aether grunts wearing different suits hasn't really been touched on yet by GF. There's been a lot of speculation that Lillie succeeds in her role in being a trainer and that you get to battle her, but this pic here suggests that early-game, she's still the same as she was in SM, right down to the hairstyle and her trying to get Nebby in the bag:

October predictions

Also, nothing has been said about Hau. Like I said earlier, his new artwork shows him looking less carefree and shows a more determined side to him. This alone suggests that we might be getting something really dark happening over the plot of USUM, to the point where these can be considered the darkest Pokemon games, possibly even rivalling Majora's Mask in tone.

One final thing I'd like to bring up is something that was tapped into during the SM datamine but hasn't been revisited since: connectivity with Pokemon GO. During the datamine and the resulting text dump, this was discovered, and subsequently leaked everywhere:

October predictions

Oddly enough, nothing has been said about connecting to GO from SM. It was speculated that this was how you would get the standard forms of Alolan Pokemon into the game, like Meowth and Raichu, but even if was going to happen, one has to highlight the problem of how to connect your phone with your 3DS. A similar thing was possible in Japanese copies of Crystal, but with select phones and Gameboy Colors. There's also the issue of how to transfer if you're signed up with a Google account and not through the PTC, because it seems to be geared towards PTC players. Maybe GO connectivity can be added into USUM, considering that Gen III seems to be on the horizon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Happy belated birthday.

I'm predicting new Alolan Pokemon (Johto Pokemon this time) and a new battle facility to go alongside with the Battle Tree.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I could see us getting a trailer with more new Ultra Beasts actually. As far as I remember, all seven Ultra Beasts were revealed before the release of Sun & Moon. (I think some were leaked before that, but the point is they all got official announcements before release)

If they're introducing new UBs they could be replacements of a sort for the role the previous seven UBs served. At the very least it wouldn't surprise me if we got another five new UBs along with UB Burst and UB Assembly.

and if we get a trailer with new UBs, we'll probably get artwork of Burst and Assembly. I'm not sure if their typing will be revealed since I don't think UB typings were officially revealed before release.

Of course we could get new Alolan forms too....but another Ultra Beast trailer seems more plausible at the moment. (since we don't even know if we're getting new Alolan forms)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    After how August and September went, I'm kinda resigned to the fact that we probably won't get any more than two trailers this month.

I dont have any problem with getting only 1 trailer, but make it a fine trailer which actually have significiant info in it..

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    This month is the last chance at any news of Alolan forms for Johto or any other substantial news.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    My guess is that we'll see some footage of Team Skull. Iirc we are yet to see them in any USM-related news.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I understand why some people are saying it is unlikely to get Alolan forms because we haven't seen any, but it is wrong saying they were reveled by now.

Only 12 were reveled by the 14th of October. The rest were revealed because of Datamining the Demo. We never saw anything about 6 of the Alolan forms. So not all of them were revealed. And a number of them would have never been revealed before the games if not for datamining.

Even if we don't see any, it is possible they want us to encounter the new alolan pokemon in the wild. Like was intended for a few of them. We have seen maybe 5 to 15 of the new pokemon that are new to the PokeDex, most in which had Megas which was unlikely anyway to get Alolans. So there is still over 50 pokemon that could be an Alolan Form.

I honestly don't know why they would add more pokemon to the PokeDex with out any changes since people can just transfer with Pokemon Bank.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm expecting a fair bit this much. I feel like if there are going to be new alolan forms, they will release them this month.

Years
    and if we get a trailer with new UBs, we'll probably get artwork of Burst and Assembly. I'm not sure if their typing will be revealed since I don't think UB typings were officially revealed before release.

This was indeed true, because the UB's true names and types were not revealed officially until after the games' release, that is if you don't count the datamine that leaked all the S/M stuff.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I understand why some people are saying it is unlikely to get Alolan forms because we haven't seen any, but it is wrong saying they were reveled by now.

Only 12 were reveled by the 14th of October. The rest were revealed because of Datamining the Demo. We never saw anything about 6 of the Alolan forms. So not all of them were revealed. And a number of them would have never been revealed before the games if not for datamining.

Even if we don't see any, it is possible they want us to encounter the new alolan pokemon in the wild. Like was intended for a few of them. We have seen maybe 5 to 15 of the new pokemon that are new to the PokeDex, most in which had Megas which was unlikely anyway to get Alolans. So there is still over 50 pokemon that could be an Alolan Form.

I honestly don't know why they would add more pokemon to the PokeDex with out any changes since people can just transfer with Pokemon Bank.

Speaking of demos, think that there'll be one announced this month for USUM? Or perhaps GF learned their lesson after what happened with OrAs and SM's.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    More UBs alongside Burst and Assembly would be pretty cool. SM had 2 exclusive UBs for each version, so maybe we'll get one more exclusive set?

My guess is that we'll see some footage of Team Skull. Iirc we are yet to see them in any USM-related news.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot about Team Skull! We really haven't gotten any news concerning them, have we? I'd definitely like to see if anything is different about them this time around, especially since in the updated Alola map, it seems less rainy and gloomy around Po Town. Maybe there'll be another admin alongside Plumeria?

Another thing I'm hoping for is details on those new white trailers placed in areas all around Alola, such as the one on the Secluded Shore. My guess is that they're new move tutors, though they appear to be the same kind of trailers used by the Aether Foundation in SM.

As for a possible demo, I honestly think there won't be one. Not necessarily because they want to avoid datamining, more so it's that there isn't much to show off so far that we hadn't already experienced in the SM demo. In that demo, we got a taste of what traversing the world will be like, battling Team Skull, fighting a Totem Pokemon, etc. The new stuff in USUM shown off so far would be kinda hard to put in a special demo, except maybe Mantine Surfing and the Alola Photo Club. But if there was some sort of demo, I definitely wouldn't object. Maybe you're given a Kommo-o and its Z-Crystal and have to Mantine Surf between islands doing tasks? I'd be down.

Back