• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Octopuses - our friends in the ocean

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
  • Octopodes (take THAT) are pretty dang neat, except for the fact that they can crush you and kill you, leaving you to die on the ocean floor, with one "hug".

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Starfish are better. Only weird people don't like them.

Octopuses are weird and creep Fuko out. Like Okazaki. He's weird.

Last edited:

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I don't really think about it a lot but I guess yeah I like them. As long as they don't hurt me:)

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Umm, yeah.
    Ages back when I was a lot younger, I was fishing with my dad, and there was an octopus crawling around the rocks.
    It grabbed onto my hook, and sat there for about 15 minutes with it in it's tentacles, it wasn't looking like it was gonna let go, but then all of a sudden, it shot back the hook, which got caught in my shirt about 5cm from my face.
    So no I don't like octopus' much xD

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Despite having the weirdest and scariest dream about one i still think they're cool. XD

I LMAO when I read that part about the hugs. :D

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I think the octopus is smart, maybe more so than we realize. Since it has so many arms too, it could most likely learn to use tools in a very useful way. It will probably end up being the next dominant organism on Earth when humans die off, unless us humans mess up the ocean too eventually.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Octopuses are awesome! They have really advanced brains etc. and are just all around good-looking.

At my local aquarium (to my knowledge, the world's only submarium) there is an octopus. Once, me and my mother spent about fifteen minutes trying to see it, only to realise it was squelched in at the top corner, against the glass (as some of the coral was) and we just hadn't noticed, because it looked like the coral!

Another time, I just sat and watched it, and it reached out to me and touched the glass. Ahh! Not like the time a leopard ray came up the side of the glass from underneath and scared the life out of me... hahahaha.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Camouflage octopi are awesome.
    They don't give good hugs, I know, my grandfather used to breed them. We had one named Bruce that loved to open peanut butter jar tops.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • They're the most intelligent invertebrate, which their complex brain and stimuli. That's why I love 'em. Second, I love them because one of my favorite sea-foods is the North Atlantic Giant Octupus. Yum, yum, yum.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    25.13272 = Octopi. Tell me when you understand.

I understood that as soon as I saw the numbers. And I laughed. Does that make me a nerd?

Octupuses are pretty awesome. It's really cool how intelligent they are. I'm a little bit frightened by their appearance, though. I think it's a combination of the suction cups and how, er, squishy they look. I don't know if I'd necessarily want a hug from them.

But I applaud them for being smart. They are better looking than squids, at least.

Back