• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oddish Family, Sunkern Family, Budew Family, or Cherubi Family?

Which grass-type do you prefer?

• Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, & Bellossom

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Sunkern & Sunflora

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Budew, Roselia, & Roserade

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Cherubi & Cherrim

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • I adore Gloom and Roserade.. I'd have to pick the Oddish line though, I like that original line, the designs are lovely. Bellossom is a but.. urg.. though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't care for Pokethlons, but for battling, I prefer Roserade out of all the final evolutions of each. Roselia's not that bad, either.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Roselia family. Why? Well, I always use them in Platinum, since it is a good grass pokemon. It helped me in a bunch of battles, and earned a spot in my in-game Platinum permanent team.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • It's hard to evaluate their in-game strength (in-game, since we're talking about their non-fully evolved forms too) because they're all so different.

- First we have the general basic and stage I (TCG references ftw) with the Cherubi family. They evolve at a certain point in the game. Level 25 to be exact, which means about halfway through. When they evolve, moves become slower to learn, but they become much more powerful. So it is generally a good idea to evolve it straight away.

- Next we have the basic stone evolution with the Sunkern family. Stone evolutions will usually stop the Pokemon from learning any new moves, but not with Sunkern. For Sunkern the moves are merely different. And they're not too bad either, which is good, since Sunkern is one of the weakest Pokemon with only 180 base total base stats, at 30 for each stat. That means that if you don't EV train it, it will likely be at level 100 with double digit stats (shock, horror).

- Next we have an even weirder evolution scheme with the Roselia family. From a baby that requires incense to be bred, evolving via happiness to a basic and then again via a Stone. Not only is the Budew to Roselia evolution unpredictable (unless you actively attempt to evolve it), at its Budew form it learns very few moves, branching fron Roselia from level 13 and stopping to learn any more moves at level 16. When I'm not actively trying to evolve them, I've had Pokemon evolve via happiness at very low levels and at the same time I've had them evolve at level 40 (Golbat to Crobat in Silver). Net you have t decide when you want to give up on learning those level up moves and evolve it to Roserade with a Shiny Stone. Once you have, it will cease to learn any more level up moves.

- Our last family, the Oddish family is also very unusal. We start with a normal level evolution at level 21. Next we have to decide to evolve it to either Vileplume or Bellossom, possibly swaded by which stone we have. For Bellossom we lose a type and a tiny amount (10) of Special Attack in exchange for Special Defence. The dropping of the Poison type makes us lose our Psychic weakness in echange for a Poison and Bug weakness. We lose Pedal Dance for Magical Leaf, a weaker move that we might not even learn, since it is learnt at such a low level, 23, just two levels after we evolve to Gloom. On the plus we, we gain Leaf Storm for SolarBeam and take a Ground resistance (a common type) in exchange for our Fighting resistance.

So, I think I'm swaying towards the Oddish family, but that may be because I tend to sway more to older Pokemon, I don't know why, nostalgia probably.

Ayselipera

Awhh where is the Bellsprout family? My vote would of went to them! Well since they're not here my vote goes to the Oddish family. Sunkern is at a close second though. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Gee, I dunno. :(

Uhhh, yeah if you know me, you know my answer is obvious. The Cherubi line for me, because Cherrim is the best Pokemon ever. It helps that I'm really not a fan of any of the other options at all, haha.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I'm going to go with the Cherubi line. I'm not a huge fan of any of them, but I like Cherubi and Cherrim's design the best. I also have at least one Pokemon in each of the other lines I really don't like or think is ugly.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I would say Cherrim family to make Erica happy, but I like the sunkern family better :3

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • Hmm, I forgot about the Cherubi line. It's adorable now that I look at it though.
    I have an empty spot in my team, that may be the Pokemon to place there. I'm not one that pays much attention to stats, so going by which Pokemon I would rather train and raise in real life, I would definetely pick the Cherubi line.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • Oddish family. I pick this just for Gloom and Oddish. Both are ones I would like to have in all my teams. Even if my team gets totaled in battle.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • After doing some training with my Cherubi, I'm very, very confident in my choice. I'm glad I stumbled over this thread, I would never think to use one before. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I voted the Oddish line, simply because it's the only line I've ever used before.

Years
  • I went for the Budew family. I enjoyed using them in my Diamond version, and budew is so cute :) I like the Oddish family quite a lot too though.

Back