• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Official] Battle Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I was in a row in battle tower and suddenly, a shedinja comes out and steal my victories T_T

You're not alone, buddy. It's happened to me too.

Anyway, I haven't really had any interest in completing the Battle Frontier in HeartGold. I've already played each facility to death in Platinum; I don't see the point in doing it all over again. I really do wish something had been done so the Battle Frontier in these games didn't look like a lazy rehash, which is all that it is.

Years
    In teh battle hall i have lost three times at the frontier brain first i had blaziken and she uxie the other two latias and she regigigas and sczor.
    At teh battle castle first i lost at the 20th trainer and yesterday at 19th trainer.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I went and looked at the frontier and didn't like it much as compared to the Emerald frontier, but I think I could get used to it.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    I like the Battle Frontier, but I must say the music for the Battle Tower is AWFUL in HG/SS.
    It's so upbeat and annoying. I want epic music, I'm about to be in 7 brutal matches!

Years
    Battle frontier.

Which section do you participate in the battle frontier? The battle hall, Battle tower, Battle factory, Battle arcade or the battle castle. If you do this how many times have you win and loose? What is your goal here?

I played the battle hall and the battle factory. I won alot in the battle hall and in the factory I lost so much and won one time with luck. My goal is to get enough points for the ice punch attack here.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I've gotten both prints for the battle arcade is it ?

Battle factory I got to Thorton and lost.

Battle hall annoy's me. Battle tower is plain. Battle castle I might visit again.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I've only played the Battle Tower since it's the only one that matters (i.e. a star for the Trainer Card). I always get haxxed to death though so I rarely play it.

nm legend

Years
    wel to get pionts quiker i always play battle factory and battle arcade with my lil brothers....the factory helps me to learn about differrent pokemon and the arcade is just for fun

Years
    I normally fail miserably at the Battle Frontier but once I've beaten SoulSilver, I'll probably try again, for real. Still, the Battle Hall and Castle look really interesting and hopefully fun and easy to do. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Usually, I go to the Battle Factory. I find that place fun because I like the varying Pokemon there and it gives out the most BP each time you beat it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Which section do you participate in the battle frontier? The battle hall, Battle tower, Battle factory, Battle arcade or the battle castle. If you do this how many times have you win and loose? What is your goal here?

I played the battle hall and the battle factory. I won alot in the battle hall and in the factory I lost so much and won one time with luck. My goal is to get enough points for the ice punch attack here.
    Merged your Battle Frontier thread with the official one.

I've only visited the Battle Factory a couple of times because I never had any EV'd Pokémon ready to use for the real challenges like at the Battle Tower - although each section of the Battle Frontier is challenging. I started a new game and am playing through it now, but when I have access again, maybe I'll take it more seriously.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I've only taken much interest in the Battle Factory and the Battle Castle.

I ripped through Darach and his slave-girl with Tyranitor, Zapdos, and Articuno.

I usually get around a 19 streak on the Factory... I always seem to be killed right before I get to the brain. For example, today I had a 14 streak then I came into a Double-Team Ingrain Cradily with Leftovers. My so amazing Crobat began to fail. So I eventually gave up, using voltorb flip as an excuse.

I'm going to go try it again.

But sometimes when you get those perfect teams in the Factory that makes me happy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Pretty Frickin' Retarded

So here I am, trying to get Battle Points from the Battle Frontier in SoulSilver. A very time consuming task, if you ask me. I got my Lapras in the Battle Hall (where you choose 1 Pokemon and the type you're going to battle) and I'm pwning noobs with Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Strength. I'm on a pretty long streak, and I noticed Ghost type is one of the types I hadn't touched yet. It was at rank one, supposedly meaning it'd be the weakest ghost Pokemon that they'd throw at me. So I chose it. Guess what the "weakest ghost" they had was? FRICKING SHEDINJA. Seriously, what the hell? It took a crap load of time to get to that point, only to be stopped by a Shedinja that I couldn't touch because of Wonder Guard. Probably some of the dumbest crap I had ever seen in a video game. I'm pretty pissed off, because I was really far into it and I was about to fight the boss trainer.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    This is why when I choose a Pokemon to use in the Battle Factory, I make sure it has something that's super effective against Bug/Ghost. I learned that the hard way when I brought in the Electivire obtained from Battle Revolution.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well I suppose thre's always Shadow Ball over Strength, eh?

Actually we already have a Battle Frontier thread so going to merge this with that (as this fits right into that topic), derp.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Now I'm afraid to choose Bug or Ghost... I don't want to see a Shedinja.

But I'm using a Tyranitar as we speak... despite all of the Fire/Electric types I touch they always seem to have a Fighting move.

Luckily I've survived most of the brick breaks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back