• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Box Art for SoulSilver & HeartGold!

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
    Pics in here:
    Spoiler:

Link here:
    www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/

it looks rather large cuz the poke walker it looks really cool in my opinion Yeah Soul Silver, they also look like they are rabbid & crazed Witch makes them Look Awsome!!! They also include a map!

Last edited:

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I do like Lugia, but the box seems large. Anyway thats not a problem, at least for me :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Box is large as it contains the PokeWalker as well.

I quite like them! Interesting also - I noticed the background appears to have parts of Johto there (e.g. Ho-oh - below its mouth there's a tower there...)

But... I somehow am unsure that this Japanese boxart will necessarily carry though to other countries... =/ We'll have to wait and see though.

But no point worrying about that now - I prefer to enjoy these shiny ones for now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Ooh, that's classy.
    And is that Kyogre I see off to the side of the HG box, or am I just crazy?

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
    Wow I can't wait for these cames to come out but there is something about Ho-Oh's beak that is odd maybe it's just the camera angle but yeah...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ah they are nice. The addition of the whirl islands and the tin tower are nice. The only part that would be taken out is the logo and as Hiroshi said it will be botched. Otherwise they will be perfectly intact. I mean if they did not change the platinum box which was not as subtle as other boxes why this one?

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    Ooh, that's classy.
    And is that Kyogre I see off to the side of the HG box, or am I just crazy?

i dont see it, but serebii says that after the elite 4, u'll be able to catch kyogre in HG and groudon in SS. And if u get both of them on the same game, rayquaza will be catchable. at least thats how i thnik they said it....

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Hopefully this box art will look a lot, if not identical, to the box art in the rest of the world, as bobandbill said. It's really pretty. I'm not sure if it's just my weird imagination, but it looks a lot like the original Gold and Silver art to me.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Somehow I'm willing to believe that in the box, we'll have a standard DS case (with card and manual, plus booklets and Club Nintendo voucher) inside with the text somewhere, "NOT FOR RESALE" in both Japanese and English.

If the PokéWalker substantially boosts the price, I expect we'd be able to buy just the standard DS case.
    Well yeah its pretty much like a special edition but really a normal edition.

Alec_

Years
    I love the box-art. But look at Ho-Oh's belly :3. It's fat. xD. No Offense to Ho-Oh Fans. xD

~Fairytales.

Alec_

Years
    Spoiler:

This isn't official, but does anyone agree that (after changing the font and bevel angles) the possible English logos would be a five minute Photoshop job? :P I somehow would like to think that the official logo will end up like these (with a prettier font).
    I think that the English Version Logo Layout is not yet released. So your right. It's fake and it's made in Photoshop. xD

~Fairytales.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Box is large as it contains the PokeWalker as well.

I quite like them! Interesting also - I noticed the background appears to have parts of Johto there (e.g. Ho-oh - below its mouth there's a tower there...)

But... I somehow am unsure that this Japanese boxart will necessarily carry though to other countries... =/ We'll have to wait and see though.

But no point worrying about that now - I prefer to enjoy these shiny ones for now.

The new box art is really pleasing to the eye. It is very shiny as you say and yes the Tin Towers are located behind Ho-Oh while the Whirl Islands are located behind Lugia. These are really nice and the posture and appearance of the two look a lot better than the Sugimoro art in my opinion.

They did a nice job, and even though it is big, it is only because of the PokéWalk. Like said, if this boost the price, I'm sure gamers will have an option to either buy the game with this bundle or without it. Either way, Nintendo and GameFreak still gain their money.

Except, more than likely these box arts will be the same world-wide. Seeing as though DPPt's box art covers were never altered except for the logo design and title, I'd say these would be the same. Nevertheless they are very smexy as so many people say!

Spoiler:

This isn't official, but does anyone agree that (after changing the font and bevel angles) the possible English logos would be a five minute Photoshop job? :P I somehow would like to think that the official logo will end up like these (with a prettier font).

I wouldn't doubt the text change would be something similar. It looks nice, but you're right it'll be with color and a little prettier text design. If this only took so little time, then if you calculate it for the millions of copies, meh it should take too long [/lol]. All the less though, it's all turning out quite nicely and I was expecting for this to come anytime soon.

Back