• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official D/P/Pt WTF moment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
Years
Lots

Well, I've had lots of WTF moments since I hack.

But my favorite was when I was battling Aaron{e4} and when I killed his dustox, he sent himself out. Literally. It said "aaron" on the Pokemon name.
Since I had catch traniers Pokemon on, I caught him...
But it came up as a shiny magikarp D=

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
Went back to my Diamond game to capture Uxie. Sent out Empoleon and used Ice Beam. Instant freeze. Used a STAB Surf, and then tossed a Dusk Ball. Catch. Uxie's health wasn't even in the red. Low yellow maybe.

Easiest capture of a legendary to date.

Years
My Chimchar starter was a female and I didn't even notice until it was level 20 something.

And then I realized all of the Pokemon in my party, along with nearly all of the ones in the boxes, were female.

MFW when all of my Pokemon are nicknamed after food dishes.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
After completing the game I battled Rival again on a Saturday... when I saw his starter was at a higher level then even Cynthia, I was definitely like WTF! Somehow I managed to pull off a victory despite my Pokemon being Lv82-87.

Reddo

Happy!
Years
That was Mount Coronet... One whole hour to get to the top... and the I have a double battle with grunts! I was thinking... "huh... enough grunts!"
Then, a double battle with Commanders!!!
And then CYRUS!!!!!!

And the PALKIA!!!!!!! Without healing!!!!!

That was thrilling. And was last saturday... XD

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Catching Giratina with single Ultra Ball like seriously, it never happened to me before.

Usually, I spent 20~30 min catching one legendary Pokemon but for Giratina, it took less than 5 minutes, just wow.

FlamingThunder

Years
Well, I've had lots of WTF moments since I hack.

But my favorite was when I was battling Aaron{e4} and when I killed his dustox, he sent himself out. Literally. It said "aaron" on the Pokemon name.
Since I had catch traniers Pokemon on, I caught him...
But it came up as a shiny magikarp D=

At least its shiny! :laugh:

Well, I have another WTF moment.
I wanted a Ralts in Diamond but I failed.
After beating Candice, I wanted to get a shiny Bidoof/Starly..
I expected a shiny but it was a Ralts.

YESSS MY FIRST GARDEVOIR!! I WILL MIGRATE IT TO WHITE :)

Happy Fun Cat

The Most Adorable
Years
Gastly FTW

I think my WTF moment came from when going to catch Arceus and forgot to switch my pokemon out with some there where, "good" seeing as I had nothing but low levels in my team at the time. So when I see a level 11 Pachirisu jump out of the pokeball to fight this god of a pokemon, words could not discribe my disappointment at myself when my team was one shotted until I got to Gastly and I started just throwing ultraballs like a mad man and was happy that he went on a Refresh/Recover rant long enough for one ball to finally be lucky enough to catch him.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2011
I was trying to catch Uxie late one night. I had 99 Ultra Balls, and 99 Dusk Balls. I just couldn't catch it. And it only took me 4 turns to catch Azelf. I restarted so many times on Uxie. Then I had run out of basically every ball except a Pokeball and my Master Ball. This was like the 7th time I had tried. Then I used the Pokeball, and it. worked. -_-'

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
Years
I was playing platinum at about midnight, when i saw the ghosts in the old chateau (for the first time without ever reading about it)

Years
My WTF moment is when I see my Pokemon are too weak to beat the Elite Four. I have to use Action Replay to raise them up. I went through all 8 gym leaders before AR was whipped out.

EDIT: Yes. I cheat. DEAL WITH IT. I had a big problem, and I needed a shortcut.

Years
I have a Pachirisu(sp?) that has the ability to pickup, but I didn't know that at the time. I randomly checked the stats of my pokemon and found that Pachirisu had an item and I knew I didn't put something on it. Taking the item I found that it was a hyper potion. I was shocked to say the least.

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
Years
when i walked up to palkia and pressed a. and then i went to pokeballs and selected quick ball. and lo and behold palkia was caught

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
My offical moment of WTF was when I had to trade my Level 100 Gallade, Level 100 Arcanine, and Level 100 Empoleon with my friend to get her Regirock, Regice, and Registeel so I could wake up Regigigas in the Snowpoint Temple( Just above the Snowpoint City gym). I finally get to Regigigas after an hour of sliding on the ice. I saved then I woke up Regigigas. I was expecting a level 50 or 60, so I had my Level 70 Mismagius, Level 67 Beautifly and my Level 70 Roserade. I saw the level on the Regigigas and my jaw went -______-. It was a level 1 regigigas. I had to go back and get some level 2's and 3's to catch the thing. It is still in my PC box and this was about 2 or 3 months ago. I got my pokemon back and my friend hasn't let me live it down.

whispershadows

Dark eyes become divine
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 24, 2012
Exactly why can't relicanth not have his "footprints" read? I mean can't it move around and Mr. Footsteps tell me what he thinks of me? How can Mr. Footprints say we're close when he can't tell what its thinking of me.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I was going to level up 2 roselia so they would learn moves that would be bred onto a budew, so I went to the fight arena.
my rival's there
hew there! I'm going to talk to you to see what you say... battle? no, I'm not rea-
rival battle where my 2 highest leveled guys (luxray and infernape) were in the box. I had a staraptor and graveler around level 50 (uh-ok) and a pelliper and tentacruel (yes... 2 water types, 2 flying types) not leveled enough to beat him, yet I still won despite being about 10 levels lower w/o my best guys by switching to gain type advantage (what the...) and if that wasn't weird enough, I out sped them all and OHKO'd all their pokemon (though I did get 2-3 critical hits).

UltraWing

teleporting shiny staraviva
Years
mine was when i played platnum for the 1st time my team was
(sorry for misspells)
-level 48 torterra
-level 48 starapter
-level 49 vaporieon
-level 49 scizor
-level 48 rampardos
-level 48 rabidash

and i beat the E4 on the 1st try