• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official GTS Website Shutting Down

Years
    As of 11 AM PST on 9/14/2010 the GTS official website is going offline. However according to the notice the GTS itself won't be going offline.

I think that the GTS website going offline may be a sign that the site is going to be used for the Dream World.

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    Huh. Guess I'll have to remove the shortcut from my desktop, now. I don't know what Dream World is so I guess to make the transition easier I'll google it. Well, the GTS site was cool while it lasted, but it never served any practical purpose unless you want to know the very minute your pokemon is traded. Odds are if you do, you should probably be spending a significantly less amount of time playing pokemon. My only real complaint is that it took the site forever to load unless I used my ethernet port.

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Eh, the site was cool and all, but I only went on it once. It was kind of useless since most people only want [insert nearly impossible to obtain Pokemon here] for their level three bidoofs.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
    The site wasn't exactly interactive from the start. Though it did had some neat effects and interesting statistics. The idea of replacing it with the Dream World site does make sense.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Was there any way to turn the music off when visiting that site? I tried to look for one but couldn't find it, and I'm not keen on sites that autoplay music.

I've been to the site a couple of times (back when I still used the GTS itself xD) and I didn't find it particularly useful. There were some trades I saw on the site that I would have been interested in making, but when I did a GTS search for that Pokemon on my DS cart, that particular trade wouldn't show up as one of the choices.

I don't think I've been there in over a year now.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
    The site wasn't exactly interactive from the start...

Exactly. I think that's why it only had limited appeal as a "neato" gimmick to look at once in a while. For something so system intensive and slow-loading, you'd expect something more along the lines of the proposed system for B & W, where you can actually look at and perform trades on the site.

Oh, and that music got really, REALLY old after about 1 minute ^_^

Back