• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Pokémon: Kingambit
    Ball: pokeball
    Shiny: yes
    OT: JokersWrath
    ID: 636545
    Level: 100
    Region of Origin: Paldea
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Supreme Overlord
    Ribbons: no
    Location Met & Level Met: hatched from a egg
    Where/how you recieved it: surprise trade
    Individual Values/Characteristic: all stats 31 but sp.atk was hyper trained
    Effort Values: max attack and speed

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Pokémon: Chansey
    Ball: ultraball
    OT: Parker
    ID: 889910
    Level: 44
    Region of Origin: kanto
    Nature: relaxed
    Ability: serene grace
    Ribbons: no
    Location Met & Level Met: it seems it was first met on 04/01/2023. Location North Province (Area Three) at lv.44
    Where/how you recieved it: traded with parker
    Individual Values/Characteristic: none 31

Days
    • Seen Jun 19, 2023
    Pokémon: Mewtwo
    Shiny: Yes
    OT: Oscar
    ID: 56214
    Region of Origin: Kalos
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Pressure
    Ribbons: None
    Location Met & Level Met: Unknown Dungeon/ Not sure
    Where/how you recieved it: Wonder Box, Pokemon Home
    Individual Values/Characteristic: Not sure/Capable of taking hits
    Effort Values: Maxed Sp. Atk and Speed

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Pokémon: Mewtwo
    Shiny: Yes
    OT: Oscar
    ID: 56214
    Region of Origin: Kalos
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Pressure
    Ribbons: None
    Location Met & Level Met: Unknown Dungeon/ Not sure
    Where/how you recieved it: Wonder Box, Pokemon Home
    Individual Values/Characteristic: Not sure/Capable of taking hits
    Effort Values: Maxed Sp. Atk and Speed

Mewtwo originating from the Kalos region (Pokémon X & Y) cannot be shiny. That Mewtwo has a shiny lock on it making this shiny Mewtwo illegal.

[URL="https://bulbapedia.bulbagarde...n.net/wiki/List_of_unobtainable_Shiny_Pokémon[/url]

Days
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Event Electabuzz

Hello I have a questeon I got a japanase Electabuzz in wondertrade and in the home app it says this is from a event in year 01.01.2000 but i cant find the Event

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Hello I have a questeon I got a japanase Electabuzz in wondertrade and in the home app it says this is from a event in year 01.01.2000 but i cant find the Event

(Moved your post from Pokemon General over to this thread (the Hack Checking thread.) Scrolled through events on Bulbapedia and Serebii. Found none. Seemed better for this thread. Leaves it to someone more knowledgeable on the subject.

Disclaimer: Not an official hack checker.
    1. Looks like a very default date.
    2. Released Gold/Silver in Japan on November 21, 1999. Seems odd to run a distribution just a month after release on a Pokemon like Electabuzz.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey firebolt? This thread seems to be dormant as of now. I don't know if I'll ever get a response. I have to be a bit paranoid when it comes to checking out weird or sus pokemon across my gen 6, 7, and home.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Hey firebolt? This thread seems to be dormant as of now. I don't know if I'll ever get a response. I have to be a bit paranoid when it comes to checking out weird or sus pokemon across my gen 6, 7, and home.

Sorry, I have been quite slacking here since I stepped down as moderator, but part of the reason is that it's basically hard to tell these days if Pokemon are hacked or not as GF has done their best to discourage the need for hacking (think of Nature mints, Bottle Caps, etc.).

For gen 6 and 7 specifically, basically, if you don't trust where it came from and it has 6 IVs/Pokerus/is a shiny Mew, it's likely to be hacked. Unless the hacker did something absolutely silly like put a gen 7 starter in a non-Poke Ball, it's really difficult to confidently say it's not hacked, so most of hack checking here is basically just "is it a realistic chance a stranger would trade this Pokemon away?", or if it's an event Pokemon in a Cherish Ball, "is there a matching event on Bulbapedia/Serebii?".

If there's some particular Pokemon you feel unsure of, feel free to list them down here while providing as many details as you can (per the form in the first pose)!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Should I dm you instead? Because I got 39 from smusum and homePokemon to hack check. I overwhelmed commander Saturn with my gen 6 and bank files with 12 on gen 6 and 19 in my bank. I don't want to clog up the thread.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Should I dm you instead? Because I got 39 from smusum and homePokemon to hack check. I overwhelmed commander Saturn with my gen 6 and bank files with 12 on gen 6 and 19 in my bank. I don't want to clog up the thread.

Whichever method you prefer is fine with me. Them being 39 Pokemon though, I'm most likely just going to look for super obvious clues that they're hacked (again because it's hard to tell just looking at a Pokemon), and I can sort them into a list of hacked/probably hacked/likely not hacked.

Phininja

Hehehehe
    Days
  • Pokémon: Hisuian Samurott
    Ball: Feather Ball
    OT: Bidoof.net
    ID: 993401
    Region of Origin: Hisui
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: —-
    Ribbons: none
    Location Met & Level Met: Alabaster Icelands
    Where/how you recieved it: GTS for Poipole
    Individual Values/Characteristic: 4iv
    EVs: All 10

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Pokémon: Hisuian Samurott
    Ball: Feather Ball
    OT: Bidoof.net
    ID: 993401
    Region of Origin: Hisui
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: —-
    Ribbons: none
    Location Met & Level Met: Alabaster Icelands
    Where/how you recieved it: GTS for Poipole
    Individual Values/Characteristic: 4iv
    EVs: All 10

The fact that its OT is "Anything.Anything" is a prime example of a hacked Pokemon, especially if it's shiny.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Alex_Among_Foxes @Phininja 993401 is the default ID of the Switch hacking tool. Between that and the website name as OT I'm afraid its not even a well-disguised hack.

Level 100 is a good warning sign when on GTS, generally if somebody's going to trade away a shiny they won't bother raising it up and giving it EVs - or in the case of Legends, Grit - to maximise its stats.

Back