• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Official] HG/SS Shiny Thread

Equus

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    From playing R/B/Y, Gold and Crystal, R/S/E, and Diamond and Platinum, I had never caught a shiny besides the Red Gyarados until about 2-3 weeks ago. I was able to chain a shiny Ponyta with some pretty nice IVs that I don't know off the top of my head... DX So, my first shiny besides the Gyarados (and a traded Shokotan Pichu) was a Ponyta.

JJtoocool

Modder in training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2010
    I haven't ever even seen a shiny excluding the first wild Pokemon I ever saw which was a gold lv. 3 Pidgey I had no clue it was different because I just found pokemon yellow liying on the ground near the sidewalk and borrowd my brothers old Gameboy colour. :(

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I'm waiting for the American release for HG/SS. But in the original second generation, I've caught a shiny Tangela. After hundreds of hours in every Pokemon game, I've finally caught my first (and only) true shiny with no increased chances whatsoever! I'm so happy!

Back