• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As people have already started to encounter shiny Pokemon, here's the shiny Pokemon thread! Post here if you found/encountered a shiny in HGSS or any shiny hunting plans you have. Please keep discussion to HGSS-shiny Pokemon only however.

If you have any questions about shiny Pokemon, please check the FAQ & Known Information thread first, and then ask them in the HG/SS Help Thread.

General gist of things to know though about shiny Pokemon in HGSS - chance rate is the same as ever (1 in 8192 in 'normal' cases), there's no Pokerader here, and you 'can' get shiny Pokemon on the PokeWalker, but you need to be very lucky - the chance of being able to find one is very minute and depends on your trainer ID and SID - but if you have the requirements, its a 1-in-32 chance Pokewalker Pokemon will be shiny!

(I suppose this discussion includes the Red Gyarados...) =P

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    1st post!!! I found a shiny Hoot-Hoot!!! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    Is it easy to tell if a pokemon is shiny? I'v never encountered one and a lot of time I just run away from battles real quick without paying to much attention. But good luck finding them everyone!

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    no....it's still the same 1 in 8192 chance like previous games....but there is red gyarados obviously for u to capture

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Do you think they have made it more likely to get a shiny in this game?
    As the first post states - the chance is the same.
    Is it easy to tell if a pokemon is shiny? I'v never encountered one and a lot of time I just run away from battles real quick without paying to much attention. But good luck finding them everyone!
    Questions in the Help thread please, also as the first post states...

But anyways it's easy to tell - first there's the colour difference, and even if that's not obvious, the stars that fly around it when it appears makes it clear it's shiny.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Aw, I haven't seen one as of yet. I've NEVER found one in the wild before >__> This time I'll be in the wild more often, so I may have better chances. And I'll try soft resetting more.

Years
    i was playing the english rom to see how the game looks up to just like mr.pokemon or something and i found a shiny sentret but you dont have any pokeballs at that point :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Hi i'm new, i used to play G/S long long ago, when I was a kid, finally bought a DSi today and a HG. Well i preordered it anyways. And it ships tomorrow on its release

Are you people finding these shinys on an emulator? or you just happen to have gotten the game early?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Hi i'm new, i used to play G/S long long ago, when I was a kid, finally bought a DSi today and a HG. Well i preordered it anyways. And it ships tomorrow on its release

Are you people finding these shinys on an emulator? or you just happen to have gotten the game early?
    Some people in certain area's have gotten them earlier, Although I'll be getting my copy at Midnight tonight, so woot ^^. And I hope I encounter some shinies on my playthrough's for SS, As I was disapointed when I didn't run into any on my 3 Diamond Playthroughs. But on average I'll get "1-2 Natural Wild shinies" per run(not SRing).

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    When I had gold, i played literally close to a thousand hours, tons of replays and NEVER FOUND A SINGLE shiny in the wild...even breeding i never got one. i had the worst luck ever!

Hopefully this time is different

Also, i wonder if 24hr walmarts will have em at midnight tonight? hmmm

Aren't breeding odds higher for shinys?

Last edited:

bluecat

just another day
    Years
    I've only gotten one shiny in the wild in my entire Pokemon career (and I've been playing since Red), and it was a Budew in Platinum. :|

Hopefully HeartGold will be more lucky for me. :9

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I've only gotten one shiny in the wild in my entire Pokemon career (and I've been playing since Red), and it was a Budew in Platinum. :|

Hopefully HeartGold will be more lucky for me. :9

Ya ive been playing since Red/Blue aswell, and over 1000+ hours played on each cartridge and multiple play throughs, never once seen a shiny

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I've been Soft Resetting for a shiny Cyndaquil for a while now, and finally got it after about 70 Soft Resets. It's a Lax one, so not too bad.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I've been Soft Resetting for a shiny Cyndaquil for a while now, and finally got it after about 70 Soft Resets. It's a Lax one, so not too bad.

you got a shiny cyndaquil in only 70 soft resets? =/ lol jeez

Years
    I found a shiny Cyndaquil on my Japan import a few months back :3
    Only 7 to 10 SR's, fastest shiny I've gotten yet (then again, I only have 6 to start with!)
    His names Indi ^-^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back