• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Homework Help & Discussions Thread.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
I just noticed this thread, figured I may be able to help out. Feel free to PM/VM if you think there's something I can help with.

Name: Tlachtli
Grade Level: Grad student in Medical Physics, 1st year; undergrad degrees were BS in Physics + BS in Engineering
Specialty Subjects: Physics (anything except QM, but I'm not convinced anyone really gets QM), Circuits, Math (up through Dif.Eq.), Mechanical Engineering
Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: As someone who remembers those long nights staring blankly at problem set questions, I know that a little push can sometimes go a long way.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
So, this is for college English. I just wanted to hear some opinions on the following questions:

Do celebrities have a responsibility to their audience/fans?
If yes, what do we mean by responsibility? If no, how do we account for their actions?
Is it a choice to be a role model?

•What is the role of a celebrity?

•Why do we have so many celebrities?

•Should celebrities even be role models?

•Do hip hop artists have a responsibility to their audience?
•What is that responsibility?

•Since hip hop artists have such an influence, should they rap about socially conscious or political issues?

•What is the purpose of Facebook and social media in general?
•Should employers have access to your Facebook?

•Should employers base their professional decision about you on your Facebook profile?

So yeah, really need the help, I'd appreciate it a whole ton!

finalrayne

High Roller
Years
This is for extra credit for my music class we have to tell what the sound is :/ I am at a loss guys.View attachment 71636
The two answers that people have already given in the class forums was.
1.Angry Lion
2.Band of Gorrilas

Last edited:
Years
This is for extra credit for my music class we have to tell what the sound is :/ I am at a loss guys.View attachment 71636
The two answers that people have already given in the class forums was.
1.Angry Lion
2.Band of Gorrilas

That's definitely not a lion. I can see the Gorilla aspect of it, There are also crickets and an owl at the end. So if it's an animal it's most certainly nocturnal which Gorillas are not. It sounds almost synthesised actually and it could very well be your teacher who recorded them self at home and slowed down the recording. Actually the quality of the sound doesn't match the quality of the ambience and it definitely sounds slowed down and reversed. The only thing that throws me is that there are a few voices in the background which I doubt a lot of teachers go to the effort of doing multiple takes and mixing it over some background noise to make it sounds like a group of animals.
Otherwise, you could narrow down the geographical location of the recording by trying to figure out what kind of owl that is at the end and look for aggressive creatures in that area.
If you can give more than one answer definitely ask if it was them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
So, this is for college English. I just wanted to hear some opinions on the following questions:

Do celebrities have a responsibility to their audience/fans?
If yes, what do we mean by responsibility? If no, how do we account for their actions?
Is it a choice to be a role model?

•What is the role of a celebrity?

•Why do we have so many celebrities?

•Should celebrities even be role models?

Oh cool. I did this exact same thing last semester in college. I did pretty bad in the assignment, but let's see I can help.

A Celebrity's role to me, is whatever job they are doing in the entertainment industry. Actor, singer, rapper or whatever, it's their job nothing more. If they are seen as role models, then fine, but I don't think they have any obligation to actually act like a role model. Sure people look up to them, but in the end, they are really people just trying to do their job.

•Do hip hop artists have a responsibility to their audience?
•What is that responsibility?

•Since hip hop artists have such an influence, should they rap about socially conscious or political issues?

Hip-hop artists, like any other artists' responsibility is to create art/music that their fans enjoy. Yes, they have an incredibly large influence, and some of them do in fact, rap about political issues. I mean, I listen to a lot of this kind of music, and I'll admit, I even listen to the more hardcore/gangster rap. To be honest though, when Hip-hop artists make songs about political/social issues, they are usually not as big or popular as the usual stuff (yeah, I know, there are lots of exceptions). Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco are great examples of new school hip-hop artists that have some songs that are not about drugs, money, etc.

•What is the purpose of Facebook and social media in general?
•Should employers have access to your Facebook?

•Should employers base their professional decision about you on your Facebook profile?

So yeah, really need the help, I'd appreciate it a whole ton!

I'm not a big user of Facebook, but I guess people use it to stay connected with friends and family? I mean, I really only use it for that, and even then I barely log on :p

I don't think employers should have access to your Facebook or make decisions based on what you do on there. It's supposed to be a place where you have fun and post funny stuff to your friends, and if that so happens to be crude humour then so be it. If they aren't stating what company they are a part of and making them look bad, then I don't see the harm :/

finalrayne

High Roller
Years
That's definitely not a lion. I can see the Gorilla aspect of it, There are also crickets and an owl at the end. So if it's an animal it's most certainly nocturnal which Gorillas are not. It sounds almost synthesised actually and it could very well be your teacher who recorded them self at home and slowed down the recording. Actually the quality of the sound doesn't match the quality of the ambience and it definitely sounds slowed down and reversed. The only thing that throws me is that there are a few voices in the background which I doubt a lot of teachers go to the effort of doing multiple takes and mixing it over some background noise to make it sounds like a group of animals.
Otherwise, you could narrow down the geographical location of the recording by trying to figure out what kind of owl that is at the end and look for aggressive creatures in that area.
If you can give more than one answer definitely ask if it was them.

Wow really detailed answer lol I'll try and work on it from there thanks for the help figured the crickets out but never really looked into trying to find out what kind of owl it's is.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Even though I've searched this stuff on the Internet pretty much but I'm still unable to decide so I decided to ask out here for help if it may be given to me

My question is, What topic would be best to take as a Physics project as a guy who's 17? I can't tell you about the grade cause I don't know your system of education...........

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Even though I've searched this stuff on the Internet pretty much but I'm still unable to decide so I decided to ask out here for help if it may be given to me

My question is, What topic would be best to take as a Physics project as a guy who's 17? I can't tell you about the grade cause I don't know your system of education...........

It really depends which course of physics you're taking (theoretical or experimental).

Years
Wow, okay, I realize I haven't been on the forums in forever and that most schools are out for the summer, but I thought I'd do this anyway. :P

Name: Hughes
Grade Level: About to graduate college (next week xD)
Specialty Subjects: Accounting, basic economics, basic business, English Lit
Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I've actually been a tutor since my sophomore year of college, and I know for a fact that many people struggle with accounting. I have a really strong background in the subject that can be useful to high school or college students.

Years
I may to able to assist in some things.

Name: Lotus the Cat
Grade Level: PhD and practicing engineer
Specialty Subjects: Materials Engineering and Science, Electrochemistry. For those unfamiliar with materials engineering and science, if you have anything to do with metallurgy, stress and strain graphs, alloys, material properties, corrosion, durability...
Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: Teaching is fun and challenging. It's always good to test yourself out of the day-to-day!

Years
So I found the limiting reagent. Not sure which number(s) though, if any that I've calculated, that you're alluding to.

Spoiler:

Sorry for crappy picture. If I had to guess, I'd say .062 mol of ethanol is relevant? Or perhaps going from ethanol to the limiting reagent, p-aminobenzoic acid (which I haven't shown)?

I know this is so late it won't be relevant, but in case anyone comes across something like this again (as you seem unsure in your answer?).

When working out limiting reagents for a reaction, the first thing you need to determine is the number of moles required for each reagent by making each side equal. In your example it is 1:1 (I'm assuming the reaction is correct and I have not bothered to check whether it is otherwise). All you need to do is work out, based on the mass provided as well as the volume, which of the two equates to less moles - that's your limiting reagent. In this case, it's the aminobenzoic acid that is your limiting reagent as you only have 0.0026 mol vs. 0.062 mol of ethanol.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I know this is so late it won't be relevant, but in case anyone comes across something like this again (as you seem unsure in your answer?).

When working out limiting reagents for a reaction, the first thing you need to determine is the number of moles required for each reagent by making each side equal. In your example it is 1:1 (I'm assuming the reaction is correct and I have not bothered to check whether it is otherwise). All you need to do is work out, based on the mass provided as well as the volume, which of the two equates to less moles - that's your limiting reagent. In this case, it's the aminobenzoic acid that is your limiting reagent as you only have 0.0026 mol vs. 0.062 mol of ethanol.

I was able to calculate the molar amounts, I was just wondering how molar equivalents work since I don't believe they are the same as moles, and some of the problems I had calculating number of equivalents from moles themselves (or mass, vol, etc.). Thanks for your response though, no matter how late.

Years
Ahh. In that case you need to look at the valence. E.g. 1 mol of Mg2+ has 2 moles electrons when you consider Mg -> Mg2+ + 2e-. So it's molar equivalent should be molar mass divided by number of electron moles. In this case 24/2 = 12 g. It is essentially the amount of substance that will provide or take 1 mole of hydrogen ions. So you could consider it by balancing this equation: Mg + 2H+ -> Mg2+ +H2. Which looks like this in a real world reaction: Mg + 2H2O -> Mg(OH)2 + H2.

To add to this. In your equation there appears to be only the transfer of one electron. Therefore I believe the molar mass of each of those molecules will also be the molar equivalent.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I don't understand the point of this information. Where is it practically used? It may simply elude me since I'm not a chemist, but when you write out a chemical reaction you need to equal both sides which involves determining the balance of electrons anyway.

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
The teacher asked us to hand __ our homework but none of us had done it,
so we told her that she had forgot to assign it!

I thought the answer was ''in'' but apparently it is ''out''.Doesnt hand out mean give HW?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Ahh. In that case you need to look at the valence. E.g. 1 mol of Mg2+ has 2 moles electrons when you consider Mg -> Mg2+ + 2e-. So it's molar equivalent should be molar mass divided by number of electron moles. In this case 24/2 = 12 g. It is essentially the amount of substance that will provide or take 1 mole of hydrogen ions. So you could consider it by balancing this equation: Mg + 2H+ -> Mg2+ +H2. Which looks like this in a real world reaction: Mg + 2H2O -> Mg(OH)2 + H2.

To add to this. In your equation there appears to be only the transfer of one electron. Therefore I believe the molar mass of each of those molecules will also be the molar equivalent.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I don't understand the point of this information. Where is it practically used? It may simply elude me since I'm not a chemist, but when you write out a chemical reaction you need to equal both sides which involves determining the balance of electrons anyway.

They'd give us molar eq. instead of mol or mass and we'd have to determine how much of a reagent to use, or something like that. And in our lab books, they wanted us to record amounts used in molar eq. as well.

I thought the answer was ''in'' but apparently it is ''out''.Doesnt hand out mean give HW?
Yeah, hand out definitely means give out homework haha.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Name: Declan
Grade Level: Post Graduate
Specialty Subjects: English, Japanese, Chinese, Latin
Specific Subjects: Urban Environments, Popular Culture in Medieval Europe (1000-1500)
Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: Want to use my skills to help others; I have a degree and might as well use it.

Qualifications: Bachelor of Arts majoring in Japanese and Chinese minoring in Latin.

PM me if you need any help.

You are correct in this case, to 'hand out' does mean to give something out, and in the context of the sentence wouldn't make sense.

Compare:

The teacher asked us to hand in our homework but none of us had done it,

The teacher asked us to hand out our homework but none of us had done it,

The first is correct as it makes more sense to give in homework that has not been done; rather than the second which doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Can someone explain this to me in English?

Assume the following sets:
U = {x : x ∈ N, x ≤ 20}
A = {x : x ∈ U, x is odd}
B = {x : x ∈ U, x mod 3 = 0}
C = {x : x ∈ U, √x ∈ N}
What are the elements of ((B ∩ C) ∪ (A ∩ C)) ∪ (A ∪ B)c?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
This is a pretty complicated question to explain without talking to you face to face haha, but I'll give it a shot.

Can someone explain this to me in English?

Assume the following sets:
U = {x : x ∈ N, x ≤ 20}
A = {x : x ∈ U, x is odd}
B = {x : x ∈ U, x mod 3 = 0}
C = {x : x ∈ U, √x ∈ N}
What are the elements of ((B ∩ C) ∪ (A ∩ C)) ∪ (A ∪ B)c?

Basically the U, A, B, and C sets you listed just tell you what value x has to be in order to be a part of that set.

Note: N is the set of Natural numbers: 1,2,3,4...

U = {x : x ∈ N, x ≤ 20} is saying that all values of x must be natural numbers below or equal to 20.
A = {x : x ∈ U, x is odd} is saying that all values of x must be odd and be below or equal to 20
B = {x : x ∈ U, x mod 3 = 0} is saying that all values of x must when divided by 3 have a remainder of 0, but also be below or equal to 20.
C = {x : x ∈ U, √x ∈ N} is saying that all values of x must be equal to or below 20 and, when square rooted, produce a natural number.

So:
U = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20}
A ={1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19}
B = {3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18}
C = {1, 4, 9, 16}

When you're finding (B ∩ C) ∪ (A ∩ C)) ∪ (A ∪ B), it's asking for:
{What B and C have in common, what A and C have in common} in union with {All values not in A or B}

To solve this I would break it down into two parts:
((B ∩ C) ∪ (A ∩ C))
= {9} ∪ {1, 9}
= {1, 9}

(A ∪ B)c
Note c = complement I'm pretty sure
If (A ∪ B) = {1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19}
Then the compliment = {2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 16, 20}

SO, since you're trying to find
(B ∩ C) ∪ (A ∩ C)) ∪ (A ∪ B)
= {1, 9} ∪ {2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 16, 20}

Your final answer would be:
{1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 20}

I'm not completely sure if that's right. I haven't done questions like this for awhile. If I've made a mistake anyone feel free to correct me, I'm probably wrong paha. But yeah hope that helps somewhat Syd? :)

Last edited:
Years
Hold up -

C = {x : x ∈ U, √x ∈ N} is saying that all values of x must be equal to or below 20 and, when square rooted, produce a natural number.

It says that x produces a natural number when square rooted right? So wouldn't set C be {1, 4, 9, 16} since the set including the square roots of those numbers would be {1, 2, 3, 4} which are indeed natural numbers?

If C = {1, 4, 9, 16} and not {1, 5, 9} it might change your answer a little.

Back