• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Would you mind attaching a picture of the card tp your next post in this thread? From how you've described it, it sounds like a fake.

Yeah I thought so, I can't attach a photo because I don't have enough posts yet.

Ok, I'll try to make this one the last and then I will leave you all alone.

Holo Meganium 13/123 from mysterious treasures. Not first edition, not shadowless.

It has the off balance yellow border error that some mysterious treasure cards have, I read about it on bulbapedia.

Would this increase the value? It's about $2 on ebay.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    I have a ton of cards I'm researching valuations for. But I've come across one I'm particularly interested in getting some advice on.

It's a first edition, holo of Blaine's rhyhorn.

It's the fact that its a holo thats intrigued me. Any information would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Hi, just looking through old cards and pricing them up. Did most of it myself online, but theres one card that I can't find.

Emboar BW 19/114 (I think that's right)

Apparently it's holo, but I can guarantee that mine isn't holo, and I was wondering if it was worth anything. It's in pretty much mint condition. And I'm 99.9999% sure it isn't a fake, as I've only bought them from packets ever, and that was years ago.

If it isn't worth much could you let me know so I can stop looking online though. Thanks :)

Years
  • Hi, just looking through old cards and pricing them up. Did most of it myself online, but theres one card that I can't find.

Emboar BW 19/114 (I think that's right)

Apparently it's holo, but I can guarantee that mine isn't holo, and I was wondering if it was worth anything. It's in pretty much mint condition. And I'm 99.9999% sure it isn't a fake, as I've only bought them from packets ever, and that was years ago.

If it isn't worth much could you let me know so I can stop looking online though. Thanks :)

It's real. It's from the Red Frenzy theme deck from the Black & White set, most likely.

That said, since it's from a theme deck, it's not worth very much at all. At most $1 if you're lucky.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2015
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and I got some cards I'd like to know more about.
    I got the white star Imakuni Doduo...anybody know anything about that?
    Also, I have the complete English 1st edition Team Rocket Set 83/82.
    Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Hi everyone. I'm new here and I got some cards I'd like to know more about.
    I got the white star Imakuni Doduo...anybody know anything about that?
    Also, I have the complete English 1st edition Team Rocket Set 83/82.
    Thanks in advance.

Imakuni's Doduo seems to be going for between $12 and $22 on eBay right now.

Complete English 1st Edition Team Rocket Set: Varies, but it's not sold for lower than $70 on eBay in the past month, and has been selling for between $100 and $200 most consistently, with Top-Rated sellers being able to list it and move it at over $170, while sellers that haven't earned the Top-Rated classification have only been able to move it between $100 and $140.

what is the typical value of a Registeel Star (Legend Makers) in good condition?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Registeel_☆_(EX_Legend_Maker_92)

I got it years ago. I don't know how much it is worth.

$30 to $45 if it's in Mint or Near Mint. Less if it's just in Good condition (probably $25 to $35).

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    so I was wondering, are pre-release cards extremely rare or worth more than most cards?

Thx

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I seen that movie like 6 times to get all of those cards and some doubles! (Ancient mew)

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    I have 4 cards that I would like priced, a near mint Base set, holo gyardos, a 1st edition, holo, prerelease areodactyl from the the fossil set, a holo, prerelease Dark Gyarados from the team rocket set, and a holo, prerelease "Misty's seadra" from the gym heroes set. the last two are mint the first and second are near. and also could you tell me how you price these cards?

thx.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Multiple Card Price Check

Hi everyone! This is my first post looking to find a reasonable price of some of my cards.

Gold Star Pikachu (104/110) Near mint condition, No scratches/Creases.

Gold star Gyarados (102/110) Slightly used in play, Slight scratches on back of card near edges, Overall good condition.

Neo Genesis Lugia 9/111 (Amazing condition)

Birthday Pikachu (Perfect Condition)

Ancient Mew Promo (Good Condition)

Original Blastoise (Not 1st edition) Good Condition (I lost this one but its in my house somwhere ;-;)

[ Might be posting more soon] All help is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2014
    Its a regular Nidoqueen 42/116 except that its retreat value is **** and its hp is 13000

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    How much would a charmeleon in spanish be worth?
    it has a diamond by the numbers 24/102
    for a low quality picture go to imgur.(com/) and put this after the slash: gkLboVk
    I hate that I can't post links

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Not sure how this works but i bought my first set of packs in long time last week,
    4 X and Y booster packs
    And 4 Next destinies booster packs
    I got 3 Ex cards in X and Y
    Yveltal Ex
    FA skarmory EX
    M-Venusaur-Ex

I did get a FA mewtwo Ex but im not selling it cause it looks really cool but it would be great to know what it's all worth!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Hello Everyone,

I came across an app, called Pokellector, that shows you a range of prices from 4 different sites (Amazon, eBay, TrollandToad, and Professor Oak). It has many English and Japanese sets in the data base.

While some of the prices are incorrect, it generally gives you an idea of what your card is worth (if in mint condition).

It;s worth checking out, its on the Apple App store. Not sure about android. pokellector.com

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2014
    Hey guys, I recently bought a pack of XY Furious Fists, and literally almost all the cards HP are misprinted.

Attached is an image as proof

Side note: the ink for Hitmotop looks really faded, is this because of a printer error?

imgur.com/D7t9HNO.jpg

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Hey guys, I recently bought a pack of XY Furious Fists, and literally almost all the cards HP are misprinted.

Attached is an image as proof

Side note: the ink for Hitmotop looks really faded, is this because of a printer error?

imgur.com/D7t9HNO.jpg

where did you buy the cards from?

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Hello Everyone,

I came across an app, called Pokellector, that shows you a range of prices from 4 different sites (Amazon, eBay, TrollandToad, and Professor Oak). It has many English and Japanese sets in the data base.

While some of the prices are incorrect, it generally gives you an idea of what your card is worth (if in mint condition).

It;s worth checking out, its on the Apple App store. Not sure about android. pokellector.com

I'll vouch for this. I just downloaded it to my android phone and it does what it says on the tin gives you an overview!
    And a helpful way to keep track of what cards are in what sets.
    Ridiculous how N Full Art is a quid or a dollar on Amazon

Years
  • Can any one identify the value of my Japanese Gloom from Team Rocket set NO 044 and Japanese Oddish NO 043 also from the Rocket set. Illustrator= Kagemaru Himeno. They are Common and Uncommon but they are from 1996 and have 'Pocket Monsters' on the back with a Poke ball opening as the background.

I apologise because they are uncommon and common but the different background had me intrigued.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back