• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    Hi all, as you can probably tell from my user name I am pretty new to this. I recently got a Pokemon card in a booster pack that one of my friends says is kinda valuable. I have was wondering if any one could please give me an idea of the value. It is called Pokémon Fan Club it says that it is from 2014. On the bottom right corner it says 106/106. It is full art as well as shiny also it has a funny texture with like waved bumps. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi all, as you can probably tell from my user name I am pretty new to this. I recently got a Pokemon card in a booster pack that one of my friends says is kinda valuable. I have was wondering if any one could please give me an idea of the value. It is called Pokémon Fan Club it says that it is from 2014. On the bottom right corner it says 106/106. It is full art as well as shiny also it has a funny texture with like waved bumps. Thanks.

$5 to $7. It's a legitimate card, but despite being a full art, it's not very sought after right now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    What is the value of this card?? I've searched all over the web and I can't find it.

Years
  • Ok how can I tell if it is a fake? I've had the card for around 8 years.

Well, for starters, look at the edges of the picture. It's clearly just a picture pasted over top of another picture via a computer, and not very well done at that. Secondly, the fonts are all kind of blurry (even if I can't read more than a few Japanese characters, I can tell when they're blurry by looking at the edges). Thirdly, that HP is impossibly high for the set symbol used on the card (the set symbol being those double white stars to the bottom right of the picture), which is the set symbol for the Neo Genesis set. The highest HP on any card at the time this set was released was 120 HP. A fourth clue is that there was no Entei in the Neo Genesis set on either side of the Pacific. And a fifth clue is that there is no Entei card with that image as its card art. Also, aside from being blurry, some of the fonts just look off and/or faded. And the colorless energy symbols used in the Retreat Cost are incorrect as well, as the top spoke of the star appears too stubby. There may be more clues that I'm missing as well.

TL;DR: there's a lot that looks fake about it. And I do mean a lot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Well, for starters, look at the edges of the picture. It's clearly just a picture pasted over top of another picture via a computer, and not very well done at that. Secondly, the fonts are all kind of blurry (even if I can't read more than a few Japanese characters, I can tell when they're blurry by looking at the edges). Thirdly, that HP is impossibly high for the set symbol used on the card (the set symbol being those double white stars to the bottom right of the picture), which is the set symbol for the Neo Genesis set. The highest HP on any card at the time this set was released was 120 HP. A fourth clue is that there was no Entei in the Neo Genesis set on either side of the Pacific. And a fifth clue is that there is no Entei card with that image as its card art. Also, aside from being blurry, some of the fonts just look off and/or faded. And the colorless energy symbols used in the Retreat Cost are incorrect as well, as the top spoke of the star appears too stubby. There may be more clues that I'm missing as well.

TL;DR: there's a lot that looks fake about it. And I do mean a lot.

Also the picture itself doesn't fit in it's box, on the left and right side you can see another image (clouds) behind.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Alright thanks for getting back to me very fast and as accurately as you know. That makes since, I can't find the card anywhere on the internet. Thanks for letting know.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2015
    Hello, I have a full art Thundurus EX card from the roaring skies set. 98/108. What's odd about the card is that it is textured, but the texture is slightly off. You can especially tell around the energy symbols, all the texture is shifted to the right. I was wondering if this happens often, and also if this adds any value to the card at all? Thank you for any help :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Hi, I recently came across my old pokemon cards from when i was a kid. I have absolutley no use for them what so ever but i do have a good few rare holos from a few different sets. I would sell all cards that i have, probably for 50p per common/uncommon and maybe £3-5 per rare holo. Would this be the best way to go about this seeing as i do not have a complete set. I have cards from the base set, jungle, fossil and team rocket sets. Also a couple of 'Sabrina' cards? Any information on this would be perfect.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Hi, I recently came across my old pokemon cards from when i was a kid. I have absolutley no use for them what so ever but i do have a good few rare holos from a few different sets. I would sell all cards that i have, probably for 50p per common/uncommon and maybe £3-5 per rare holo. Would this be the best way to go about this seeing as i do not have a complete set. I have cards from the base set, jungle, fossil and team rocket sets. Also a couple of 'Sabrina' cards? Any information on this would be perfect.

You'd be very lucky to get 50p per common, as for the rare holo's it differs per card and depends on quality.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    I have 308 cards which include 18 rare holos from the base, jungle, fossill and team rocket. Of selling them as a whole, is there any base figure i need to go by? The cards are all in excellent/near mint condition as i never actually played with the cards, they were the 'in thing' back then so just really kept the ones i had, was too young to be looking out for specific details on the cards and the set numbers hence i dont have a full set. Thanks in advance for any info.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    I have 308 cards which include 18 rare holos from the base, jungle, fossill and team rocket. Of selling them as a whole, is there any base figure i need to go by? The cards are all in excellent/near mint condition as i never actually played with the cards, they were the 'in thing' back then so just really kept the ones i had, was too young to be looking out for specific details on the cards and the set numbers hence i dont have a full set. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Which holo cards do you have specifically? A base set charizard will go for £20 easily even in bad condition. Blastoise and Venusaur should fetch at least £10 each.

The rest of the holos from that era will generally go for anywhere from £1-£5 if you stick them up for auction, though you may get more if you bundle them with the commons/uncommons and put them for auction with a £50 reserve.

Your other alternative is to try and complete one or more of the sets and sell it as a complete set. Whether this would be worth doing or not depends on the cards you're missing from each set and the cost to replace them vs what you'd get for a completed set.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2016
    Was looking through my old pokemon cards I found in the loft and was wondering on how much a shadowless venusaur 1st edition base set goes for on average? Pretty good condition since its been in a binder with some of my other old cards, tried have a look online myself but keep seeing different prices

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Was looking through my old pokemon cards I found in the loft and was wondering on how much a shadowless venusaur 1st edition base set goes for on average? Pretty good condition since its been in a binder with some of my other old cards, tried have a look online myself but keep seeing different prices
    £50-£60 i'd say.

If you get it graded higher than a 7, it'll be worth hundreds.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2016
    £50-£60 i'd say.

If you get it graded higher than a 7, it'll be worth hundreds.

Oh sheeet...damn, looks like I'm putting that binder up for a bit then gonna try get it graded - should be more than a 7 in my opinion but never had anything graded personally xD

Thanks btw ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Oh sheeet...damn, looks like I'm putting that binder up for a bit then gonna try get it graded - should be more than a 7 in my opinion but never had anything graded personally xD

Thanks btw ^^
    Having cards graded is expensive, that's the only downside. You have to pay something like £75 to be a member of PSA before you can even send stuff off. If you have some other cards that are worth grading though, then it's a good investment.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2016
    Having cards graded is expensive, that's the only downside. You have to pay something like £75 to be a member of PSA before you can even send stuff off. If you have some other cards that are worth grading though, then it's a good investment.

Well daaayum, I think I'll wait a while and look through my other cards and see if I have anything else worth getting or else I doubt I'll bother

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back