• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
  • I miss my cards.Wish i would of never sold them all off.Had over 10,000 cards all of them in books,organized by type and rarity.I was dumb and just got sick of pokemon and sold them all off for only 200 bucks.I know they was worth alot more.

PikachuFan222

Pikachu Master
    Years
  • Ok so i got these cards from a trade yesterday and thought this would be the best place to ask there values

Ok so i have 6 Shadowless cards
    All Holo

Machamp 1st Ed
    Alakazam
    Nidoking
    Charizard
    Raichu
    Ninetales

What are they worth and are they worth more than normal unlimited

PikachuFan222

Pikachu Master
    Years
  • hey i don't wanna sound nasty but are you stupid they are fake if you knew anything about pokemon cards you would know that so worth nothing

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    I wont make a long post, but I have the first series all first edition complete set of cards in a binder, and the whole original rocket set in a binder.

All mint condition never touched.

Would they be worth anything? I also have another whole set that I forgot which type..I should check

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    hey i don't wanna sound nasty but are you stupid they are fake if you knew anything about pokemon cards you would know that so worth nothing

hey, yer that's alright lol i know absolutely nothing just wasn't sure but thx anyway man it's cool.

PikachuFan222

Pikachu Master
    Years
  • Ok cool though ive never actually owned a fake card

SehCure well can u tell us what the sets are if they are complete and 1st ed then they are worth quite a bit
    A 1st edition mint complete base set i know of people paying upt to $4000 for but u need to tell us what sets they are

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    1st edition Base set is not worth $4000. It is worth between $300-600. If you got the set graded by PSA and it was deemed to be gem mint 10, it would be worth a few thousand but good luck selling it at that price.

You will have to list the sets you have in order for us to appraise them, but in general 1st ed sets are priced with the Base set being the most expensive and the rest being a few hundred.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I know what you said, and it's completely rediculous to pay $4000 for an ungraded 1st edition base set. Either that isn't true, or the people you know got ripped off severely. I'm telling you what the actual price of the sets are, your personal experience of seeing someone buy a set for that much is not an official value.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I remember having a Suicune with a star on it when I was like in year 5 in school and no idea how rare it was, does anyone know how much money its worth? (I dont have it anymore :()

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Hi, I was wondering what the value of my collection would be. It is a complete 1st edition set of the entire 1st generation.
    complete 1st edition base set
    complete 1st edition fossil
    complete 1st edition jungle
    complete 1st edition rocket
    complete 1st edition gym heroes
    complete 1st edition gym challenge
    I am guessing it will be worth more because if you buy it you basically become an established collector. They are all in good-mint condition. No badly damaged cards.

PikachuFan222

Pikachu Master
    Years
  • Mew Well it is Suicune black star promo from the movie so not worth that much mabye a little for collectors

Swimball

You are a very lucky man

Base set is worth the most between $300-$600

the rest about $100-$300
    it really depends on the buyer there are some people who will but are they well protected and mint if so mabye send them to get graded by PSA if they grade it PSA 10 u r looking at between $1000-$2000 for base set mabey take some pics and put them up here

Years
  • Mew Well it is Suicune black star promo from the movie so not worth that much mabye a little for collectors

Swimball

You are a very lucky man

Base set is worth the most between $300-$600

the rest about $100-$300
    it really depends on the buyer there are some people who will but are they well protected and mint if so mabye send them to get graded by PSA if they grade it PSA 10 u r looking at between $1000-$2000 for base set mabey take some pics and put them up here

That sounds like a Suicune (Shining), not a Black Star Promo Suicune. I don't know what it's worth, though. That's not my area of expertise.

You're also just parroting what Rocket Executive said a few posts up in this thread about the complete card sets. Actually, you're kinda paraphrasing badly what she said. And she knows her card prices.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Thanks for the replies. I would like to hear from rocket executive(or another expert) on what he/she thinks the complete collection sold together would go for? Do you think it would be better to sell seperately? What price am I looking at total? Please and thank you very much:)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Thanks Donavannj ;) not that it's secret info, I'd love it if everyone took my word as dogma like that!
    So for the sets. First, I'd recommend selling them as seperate sets just because you'll be more likely to sell that way. There isn't really a market for buying several complete sets at once, someone who is that serious about collecting most likely already has some completed sets and doesn't want a lot of excess. Not to mention the fact that no one wants to spend that much money at once, lol.
    Pretty much what Pikachufan said and what I said earlier, the Base set is always worth more than any of the others of the original sets, and 1st edition is worth more than unlimited.
    Base: $300-600 (price fluctuates greatly)
    Fossil: $100
    Jungle: $100
    Rocket: $150
    Gym Challenge: $200-250
    Gym Heroes: $200-250

Cards within each set are what cause the differences in price; charizard, blastoise, mewtwo, alakazam etc. are what make Base more expensive (plus the fact that it is the "original" set) and sets like Gym Challenge and Heroes have cards like Blaine's charizard and moltres to increase the set value. They are also just larger sets and include more cards.
    My last suggestion is to sell on ebay, it's safest for all parties involved and basically guarantees neither seller or buyer will get ripped off. Hope it helps!

Last edited:
    Years
  • What is it worth.....

Hey guys! I'm just wondering how much my 1999 gold togepi card is worth. It is in fairly worn condition. ohh, and could somebody tell my if it is real gold and if it is what karot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back