• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    I'm new here and joined for this thread =P
    When I was little my dad started collecting the original set for me. As I got older I lost interest, and they have been in the attic - still stored in a collector's album with the UltraPro pockets.
    When I took them out, unlikely as it sounds I'm sure, he was so thorough that I have:
    First Edition cards (102/102) of the series which has the holographic cards of Alakazam, Blastoise, Chansey, Charizard & Clefairy as its' starting few.

Non-First Edition cards (102/102) of the same series

64/64 First Edition cards from the Jungle set
    62/62 First Edition cards from the Fossil set

A set similar to the first set I listed, except at the bottom right hand corner of the picture there is a 2 with a Pokeball in it (130/130)

The "dark" cards (an R in the bottom right hand corner), First Edition (83/82 for some reason, the last card being a Dark Raichu)

What I am presuming is the Gym Leaders' set of cards, First Edition (132/132)

After these my brain gets hurt thinking about them. But many of the cards are First Edition Cards, i have many of the special edition/promo cards and an entire couple of pages worth of just Pikachu cards with various logos and pictures. PLEASE let me know if you have any idea what this could mean to me in terms of value or if you know anyone or anywhere (preferably in the UK) who might want to buy them off me?

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • I have Cynthia's shiny/holo (not sure which) Rayquaza card and also have a mis-spelt mew card, how much they worth?

Gyarados Prime

Veteran Collector
    Years
  • I bought a bag of Pokemon cards from a garage sale a few days ago and I found these two:

I see people selling these for $40-$80 but that's kinda....alot. How much do you think someone would be willing to pay for these?

ahhh youre so lucky! $80 a piece is a little high but you could still probably get rid of the 2 for about 50 or 60 ish :p

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    So my friends and I recently started looking through our old Pokemon card collections. We wondered if we had any rare cards that were worth any money. One of my friends recalled that she owned a gyarados card on which the holograph had been misprinted and was not in line with the picture on the card. It was noticeably shifted either up or down as much as a quarter of an inch as she recalls. As she was about 10 at the time, she doesn't remember exactly what it looked like but is now searching for it. We looked it up online and she does know for sure that it was a Shining Gyarados card. If she could find this card and it was in good condition, how much do you think it might be worth? If she does find it we would be able to post a picture.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I believe I have a legit typo card. I never got anything from card dealers or anything just boosters. I have a "Lation" card. The only typo is the name. In the attack desc it's right too. How much would this be worth if it's legit?

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
  • I've got both of these now;

Anyone know around how much they're worth? (In GBP, if possible)

Years
  • Those are worth about $20 USD each for the complete sets, iirc. I'm too lazy to convert and I am not 100% sure because Ho-oh seemed to be closer to $10 USD while Lugia was closer to $20 USD, but very few verified/top-rated sellers have either for sale on eBay at the moment.

Rocket_Executive probably would know the price better, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    The prices fluctuate so much, I personally wouldn't pay more than $10 for the lugia set (about 6.40 GBP) and I think the ho-oh set is worth a little more because it's playable, maybe $12 (7.60 GBP).

Years
  • I just found I have a First Ed Fossil Ekans in very good condition. I don't think it's worth much, but I could be wrong... Any ideas?

You could possibly get a $1 for it. I doubt you would, though.

I have a perfect condition Kingdra ex (Fighting), Magmar ex, and Electrode ex. Prices?
    *no pictures, sorry.*

Kingdra ex (Delta Species): $8-$12
    Magmar ex: $4-8
    Electrode ex: $1-5

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    New, looking for card values.

Hey everyone, I haven't been into Pokemon for a longggggg time. However in my recent move I came across a couple gems and was looking for some sort of appraisement. Attached are the two cards that stuck out to me. One is a japaneses version, the other is american. I don't remember how I got either, but any help on how much they're worth would be greatly appreciated.

Both in mint condition.

LAF

:D
    Years
  • I can't tell from the pics, is the English version shadowless? If it is it's worth a lot, but even just the regular base set Charizard is worth quite a bit

Years
  • I do believe I see a shadow there.

I see Base Set Charizard going for about $20-25 at the moment.

That Japanese Dark Charizard is a little harder to get a read on, since I see it going for anywhere from $7 to $25 from top-rated sellers.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • oh

on my other forum site we where saying char to be 25-30 dollars

and dark char we said to be about 35-50 dollars weird ppl there....

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • dariusdetigerI merged your thread asking how much your two Charizard cards are worth here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    The dark charizard is definitely not worth $35-50, you can easily get it for as little as $5 on ebay right now. As for base set charizard, unless it is shadowless it isn't going to fetch much. I can see from the image that it isn't, so I would place it at around $10 if it is in ok condition, if it's absolutely mint then you can shoot for $20 but I find on average it doesn't surpass $15.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back