• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I pulled a Magnezone Prime recently. Should I try and flip it in the next month or two, or should I hold on to it? First time collecting in around 8 years or so. Is it likely to continue to increase in value, or are the high demand and prices simply because it's desirable for current competitive play?

Years
  • I pulled a Magnezone Prime recently. Should I try and flip it in the next month or two, or should I hold on to it? First time collecting in around 8 years or so. Is it likely to continue to increase in value, or are the high demand and prices simply because it's desirable for current competitive play?

It's in high demand due to its desirability for competitive play at the moment. It'll probably fall down to around $10-$15 once it rotates out in a couple years. Its current value will probably hold until Worlds is over. How long it stays fairly high-priced afterwards is anyone's guess.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I feel like I should just listen to you, as you probably know exponentially more about these types of things than me, but I feel like, if the reason it's popular is because of it's use in competitive play, won't that make finding mint or near-mint ones more difficult in the coming years, thus increasing its value if I hold onto it?

Years
  • Not necessarily. If you want an example of a card that had high competitive value dropping in value when rotated out, look at Luxray GL Lv. X. That card had a high value of over $60-$75, and now it goes for far less.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Tyranitar Prime? I'm thinking about selling it with the Magnezone Prime for $40 or so (total), but I'm hesitant to do so, as I feel like the Tyranitar will increase in value over the years. Or does Tyranitar's value come from it's use in competitive play as well?

Years
  • Tyranitar Prime's value seems about normal for a prime, which usually go for between $10-$20, whereas Magnezone goes for between $25-$35. $40 together might be worth it, but I don't know how many people will be looking for both in the same lot.

baladamy

Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    how much do u think an Entei Wizardspromo Rare holo would go for??
    I think it was produce 99-2002 for Pokemon 3rd movie, but i'm not sure.
    here is the bulbapedia page for it:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Entei_(Wizards_Promo_34)

baladamy

Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    srry to keep interrupting u..... but i just wanna see if any of these have value????
    <--english version of this
    <-- English version

Again.... sorry.... the images vary in size as i got them from bulbapidia and all the cards are holos.... dunno how to tell if their reverse or not though....

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2011
    Questions on how much my cards are worth

I have numerous cards that i am wondering about the value which way is the best way about finding there value i looked them all up online and saw what they were selling for on websites but i doubt that i would get that price

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    1st ed booster box

I'm thinking about posting my unopened booster box of 1st edition cards on ebay? Does anybody have any idea how much it's realistically worth? Also, is ebay the best place to sell it?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I'm thinking about posting my unopened booster box of 1st edition cards on ebay? Does anybody have any idea how much it's realistically worth? Also, is ebay the best place to sell it?

It depends on which set the booster box is from. If it's from some of the newer sets, then you'd probably not get much more than what you bought it for. If it's from the older sets such as the original Base Set, Fossil, Jungle, Gym, etc. sets, back when the cards were actually good then you'd probably get a few hundred bucks for them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    omastar misprint

hello all, i have a omastar misprint.i was wondering if it was rare? the 1st ed symbol is printed in the bottom half of the card. the symbol sits right on top of the word prehistoric. also are the gold cards worth anything?
    any info would be great :}:}

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    M2287, those are probably worth $5-10 or so on eBay if they are mint condition.

slc123- What set is that 1st edition box? A base box goes for about 10k, but boxes after that range from 200-500, depending on the set. Hope that helps!

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hey everyone!

I recently bought a couple of boosters to spruce up my ten year old collection for friendly games.

I got the top half of the Rayquaza & Deoxys legend (this one:https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rayquaza_&_Deoxys_LEGEND_(Undaunted_89))

Now I've checked Ebay and it seems that the complete card (top+bottom) sells for 20-60$ and one half between 10-30$.

What could I, with a fresh Ebay account, ask for top half only? I was hoping to get at least 15$ for it, but is that realistic?

Thanks,
    Peter

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    Cathar- As a new user on eBay you could fetch just as much as an existing member if your listing looks authentic. New users tend to get lower prices because they look suspicious more than anything. My advice would be to make a listing that has a sizeable description and pictures taken by yourself, as fake listings generally lack these traits.

UDC- Not much (under $1) unless they're 1st ed and mint, in which they could fetch perhaps $3-5.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back