• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Johto Map Discussion

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Im telling you and I have no reason to lie about something so pity. As I tilt it upwards the clouds become transparent. I see most of the shaft of the tower and a two part building south of it.

Same here, i'm seeing the same thing as I tilted mine as well. There really is nothing apart from that battle tower.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Perhaps they'll extend Dragon's Den, and Rayquaza will be obtainable there once you obtain a certain item later in the game.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    thanks for the map. I've been waiting for a remake for years and it's good to know now how the world in it is going to look. I never would've noticed the differences either. so thanks again :)

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It looks like it has different areas, sandy, grassy, forest, watery, etc. This would mean that its obviously some kind of place for pokemon, possibly a pokemon reserve?
    Add to this the fact all pokemon have overworlds, this may serve as a kind of zone you visit and see pokemon walking around...possibly something you fill up yourself like oak's reserve?...

Well, that's exactly what I'd love for it to be!

Or a place to import Pokemon from the Poke Walker/GBA games

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    We. Are. Idiots! in the middle of the hype we did not notice one major thing. There was originally supposed to be an area west of the radio tower:
    Official Johto Map Discussion

OpalPearl

I am NOT a noob.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    Did anyone notice the the area on TOP of Mt Silver covered by a cloud and snow? I am guessing that is the Shinto Ruins.

Years
    Ya, I think that it could be up there too. There's a whole thread about the topic:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182807

Aren't Shinto Ruins another section to the Ruins of Alph? That's what Serebii implies, anyways. Although that would make sense too, to have them at the top of Mt Silver- the whole Sinnoh dragon thing happened atop Mt Coronet, not to mention Arceus being found there, so a mountain setting seems fitting.
    And if no one's said before, that area next to Cianwood has to be a Pal Park. Look- all the different terrains. They had that in Sinnoh Pal Park, so IMO this is definately Johto's Pal Park.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    And if no one's said before, that area next to Cianwood has to be a Pal Park. Look- all the different terrains. They had that in Sinnoh Pal Park, so IMO this is definately Johto's Pal Park.
    No. I really doubt this. Pal park was devided in sections BUT it wasn't so strongly seperated. It was more natural, making it like Safari Zone. But this looks like its implying its completly unnatural which makes me believe its something else. I like the idea of showing all the overworld pokemon. Also, what is the point in having a Pal park in HGSS? The point of it in DPPt was to b able 2 complete ur pokedex. But by the looks of things from this game, it will have 3rd gen pokemon in it, judging from the legendaries. This means if u have these games, DPPt, u can do this otherwise. Another reason it wouldnt b palpark is that they probably want to encourage the DSi, making this area completly useless. Im guessing somebody has pointed all these things out but im saying them anyway.
    And thanks for the map! Its just made me even more excited! XD

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    That is the beta goldenrod. In the proper version nothing was west of the radio tower. Now like in the beta something is there.

Sorry bout the double post:

Any guesses?
    It is the GTS. Whereelse would the GTS be? A contest place isn't for sure (god bless me, does it look like it?), and it looks like platinum's GTS, so I go for GTS.

Also, what is the point in having a Pal park in HGSS? The point of it in DPPt was to b able 2 complete ur pokedex.
    Sorry but the reason was really transfer your Pokémon. The only ones that you couldn't get were some starters and some legends (and Tropius in D/P).

Years
    if you think about it they would kinda haveto put kanto in there because you had to enter kanto to get to the pokemon league. but yea i cant wait to beat the E4 then tear up the kanto gym leaders.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as though the Tohjo Falls are included and Mt. Silver is used for the event dealing with Arceus, I would almost be sure enough that Kanto will make a return. If so, then I'm sure some changes will be brought to that region as well. Not to mention some of the later inclusions that DPPt brought in afterwards can he placed in Kanto as well.

However, as for that building more west of the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City, my guess goes to being a GTS. It seems to be the most suitable place, and whatever the original GATE idea was before, I don't think they've decided to keep that either. The building then, is much different from that now, and not to mention if it didn't have a use then, why now? Anyway, like I said, I strongly believe it will be the Johto GTS while the location west of the National Park might turn out to be the Contest Hall. The shape of it seems more suitable for that of a Contest Hall, just like the building's structure in Goldenrod is suitable for being placed as the GTS.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Platinum GTS Ripped by klnothincomin

'Nuff said.

This is exactly how I see it as. It looks just like the GTS should be, however there is more yellow incorporated in the map over the overly used blue from that of Platinum. Though, this is a basic look of it and more than likely this pretty much confirms it just might be the GTS because of such close similarity. Of course, we'll need it from official sources later, but even the two satellites from on top match the small gray spots on the building. I do like it though, and by seeing how tall it is, I wouldn't be surprised that if all the new GTS features brought in through Platinum will be back in these remakes. I never used the GTS much though in DPPt, but we'll see what happens in Johto though.

Back