• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Bills-Packers (Packers 42-17)
    Dolphins-Vikings (Vikings 28-24)
    Chiefs-Browns (Chiefs 21-10)
    Bears-Cowboys (Cowboys 29-17)
    Cardinals-Falcons (Falcons 17-14)
    Buccaneers-Panthers (Panthers 13-7)
    Eagles-Lions (Lions 14-13)
    Ravens-Bengals (Ravens 28-13)
    Steelers-Titans (Titans 23-21)
    Seahawks-Broncos (Seahawks 27-11)
    Rams-Raiders (Rams 9-3)
    Texans-Redskins (Texans 35-19)
    Patriots-Jets (Patriots 34-21)
    Jags-Chargers (Chargers 20-15)
    Giants-Colts (Colts 28-21)
    Saints-49ers (Saints 37-18)

AGAIN, I do horrible. I only got 6 right this week so far.

Years
    [jq]
    Bills 10-27 Packers
    Dolphins 17-24 Vikings
    Chiefs 17- 10 Browns
    Bears 20-24 Cowboys
    Cardinals 10-20 Falcons
    Buccaneers 17-21 Panthers
    Eagles 23-13 Lions
    Ravens 24-27 Bengals
    Steelers 23-28 Titans
    Seahawks 20-23 Broncos
    Rams 16-21 Raiders
    Texans 17-23 Redskins
    Patriots 23-20 Jets
    Jags 17-24 Chargers
    Giants 17-23 Colts
    Saints 28-10 49ers
    [/jq]

Only 9 right so far. Not doing as well this week. Here's hoping the Saints bring me to double-digits again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    Here's how I did.

7-8 So far. Hopefully my Saints cane make me .500.

Bills-Packers 27-7
    Dolphins-Vikings 24-17
    Chiefs-Browns 24-10
    Bears-Cowboys 17-14
    Cardinals-Falcons 24-14
    Buccaneers-Panthers 21-10
    Eagles-Lions 27-10
    Ravens-Bengals 24-21
    Steelers-Titans 35-24
    Seahawks-Broncos 27-14
    Rams-Raiders 17-14
    Texans-Redskins 31-24
    Patriots-Jets 38-14
    Jags-Chargers 28-14
    Giants-Colts 35-31
    Saints-49ers 38-10

Years
    Im going to go ahead and put up my week 2 picks now, before i forget. :/

Picks are in bold

Bills-Packers 28-10
    Dolphins-Vikings 31-17
    Chiefs-Browns 21-7
    Bears-Cowboys 17-10Cardinals-Falcons 24-17
    Buccaneers-Panthers 14-10
    Eagles-Lions 27-14
    Ravens-Bengals 27-20
    Steelers-Titans 35-21
    Seahawks-Broncos 21-14
    Rams-Raiders 24-7
    Texans-Redskins 31-24
    Patriots-Jets 35-14
    Jags-Chargers 28-21
    Giants-Colts 28-24
    Saints-49ers 31-17

4-10 first time out. Yikes. D:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    It's panic time in Minnesota and Dallas. Both trendy picks are now 0-2. Minnesota has Detroit who played Philly and Chicago down to the wire while Dallas has the much harder task of stopping Matt Schaub and the prolific Texans offense.

Oh boy...

Last edited:
    Years
    [jq]
    Bills 10-27 Packers
    Dolphins 17-24 Vikings
    Chiefs 17- 10 Browns
    Bears 20-24 Cowboys
    Cardinals 10-20 Falcons
    Buccaneers 17-21 Panthers
    Eagles 23-13 Lions
    Ravens 24-27 Bengals
    Steelers 23-28 Titans
    Seahawks 20-23 Broncos
    Rams 16-21 Raiders
    Texans 17-23 Redskins
    Patriots 23-20 Jets
    Jags 17-24 Chargers
    Giants 17-23 Colts
    Saints 28-10 49ers
    [/jq]

Another week with 10 picks right... but I'm still not satisfied.

Vikings need to hold off the panic-button for another week. If we lose to Detroit, that's when it's time to start panicking.

Years
    Dallas will be in the same boat. 0-3 in a division many people say they should be dominating right now. Instead they're the ones being dominated.

There were considerably more skeptics of Minnesota than there were of Dallas, though, at least in the media.

Washington beating them didn't actually surprise me, but Chicago beating Dallas was the big surprise. Even though I knew Chicago had potential.

But such is the current state of parity in the NFL.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    His leg got bent pretty bad. The Saints can manage without Bush for a 1/3 of the season. If they lose Brees for more than 1 game, they're going to be in some serious trouble, because the entire offense flows through him.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    Yeah but Reggie is a big loss. He's a running back, receives and does special teams. Even when he's not in the play.

Vick has been named Eagles starter. ESPN

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    Michael Vick named Eagles Starter

PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick has been named the Philadelphia Eagles' starting quarterback, a day after coach Andy Reid said it was Kevin Kolb's job.

It wasn't immediately known why Reid reversed his decision on Tuesday. The team announced the move in a text message, and Reid was to discuss it at a news conference later in the day.

Reid called Vick on Tuesday evening and told him he was starting. Vick was at a charity event. "It came as a complete surprise," a source close to Vick told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

A senior Eagles official told Paolantonio that the decision to start Vick is "just a football decision, he is just playing too well."

Kolb missed the last six quarters because of a concussion, and Vick played well in his absence. Kolb was cleared to practice and was expected to run the first-team offense on Wednesday.

The decision to go with Vick over Kolb is a permanent move and is not injury related, a source told ESPN NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

After a day of film study that included coaches and members of the front office, Reid concluded that due to injury problems on the offensive line and Vick's mobility, Kolb was not the choice for quarterback, especially given Kolb's susceptibility to another concussion if he were constantly under duress.

Back-up center Mike McGlynn had difficulty recognizing the Lions blitz on Sunday and calling the right protections, a source told Paolantonio. As a result, Vick was sacked six times.

Vick threw for 175 yards and one touchdown and ran for 103 yards in a 27-20 season-opening loss to Green Bay. He had 284 yards passing and two TDs in a 35-32 win at Detroit on Sunday.

"He didn't look like he'd lost it, did he?" Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer said Tuesday afternoon when asked about his former star quarterback. "I mean, he was zipping that ball and made a couple of runs. He's going to be back in a big way, I think."

Kolb started two games in his first three seasons before he became the team's No. 1 quarterback after Donovan McNabb was traded to Washington. Kolb struggled in the first half against the Packers.

Vick's start against the Lions was his first in nearly four years. A three-time Pro Bowl pick during six seasons in Atlanta, Vick missed two seasons while serving an 18-month sentence in federal prison for his role in a dogfighting operation. He signed a two-year contract with the Eagles before last season, then played sparingly behind McNabb and Kolb.

Vick has completed 63.8 percent of his passes and has posted consecutive games with a passer rating above 100 for only the second time in his career.

https://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5601286

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I don't think Philadelphia is going to make the playoffs, considering how top-heavy the conference is. New Orleans, Green Bay and despite their records; Minnesota and Dallas are the best teams in the conference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back