• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Both the Panthers and the Cowboys are 1-7. Both got destroyed last Sunday. So why is Wade Phillips out of a job and yet John Fox still has his? (Though I doubt Fox will still have his job at season's end unless the Panthers REALLY turn their season around.)

Years
  • The answer to that is that John Fox got to a Super Bowl a few years back, while Wade Phillips struggled to win playoff games. And then there's the fact that Wade Philips had a lot more talent on his team than John Fox does. At least, in my opinion.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The answer to that is that John Fox got to a Super Bowl a few years back, while Wade Phillips struggled to win playoff games. And then there's the fact that Wade Philips had a lot more talent on his team than John Fox does. At least, in my opinion.
    This^ when you have several Pro Bowlers a year ago you shouldn't finish anywhere near 1-7. Too add to the slap in the face Pack ran second unity on Cowboys in the 4th although I doubt that contributed much to Phillips firing. I am sure Phillips will get an assistance coach job some where.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Jason Garrett as Head Coach next year since Jerry has been grooming him to be Phillips successor. Or at least give Garrett a year.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Oh my lord, an NFL thread that hasn't bit the dust after two pages? I'm in heaven.

I'm glad Jerry finally kicked Wade, the games were just embarrassing. And I'm rather surprised Fox is still around, actually. He's switching QBs like a frantic DJ trying to save the beat.

Years
  • What may be more baffling is why anyone in Buffalo still has their job. they're the last winless team in the league. Though they certainly have far less talent than Dallas, and they have been competitive in most of their games.

September

Chavo and Serj <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Oh my lord, an NFL thread that hasn't bit the dust after two pages? I'm in heaven.

I'm glad Jerry finally kicked Wade, the games were just embarrassing. And I'm rather surprised Fox is still around, actually. He's switching QBs like a frantic DJ trying to save the beat.

Fox is in a real bad spot in Carolina. He won't be keeping his job after this season, but I feel like if he's given a better position with his next gig, he'll have a better time around.

And I'm very excited for Garrett. I don't expect any wins without Romo of course, but from what I'm hearing at practice right now, there's changes everywhere.

Apparently Wade let this team play card games and dominos during their breaks of practice. That's the most undisciplined thing I've ever heard of.

September

Chavo and Serj <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Bah. Just look at the Packers last year and this year. Injury-riddled constantly and still pretty darn good.

They haven't lost any huge key guys on defense, and they still have Rodgers, so I wouldn't expect them to fall off.

As long as the Packers have Charles Woodson and Roid Matthews, they should be fine.

Years
  • They haven't lost any huge key guys on defense, and they still have Rodgers, so I wouldn't expect them to fall off.

As long as the Packers have Charles "Holding Master" Woodson and Roid Matthews, they should be fine.

Fixed that for ya. ;D

Rodgers is the big key for them, far more than Matthews and Woodson who're both cheaters anyways. As long as he's there and has a pair of decent receivers, the Pack can afford to get into shootouts.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • What may be more baffling is why anyone in Buffalo still has their job. they're the last winless team in the league. Though they certainly have far less talent than Dallas, and they have been competitive in most of their games.
    They've dealt with so many each season they've probably run out of available people willing to help them.

Jimmy Clausen, I think, is the QB for Carolina. That team is just in so much disarray with injuries.
    Injuries or not, Carolina should be playing better; I blame Fox for that. Even when healthy, the offense was pathetic and the defense (although they have shown flashes of potential) seems completely lost. Moore was an overconfident lie.

September

Chavo and Serj <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    They've dealt with so many each season they've probably run out of available people willing to help them.

Probably a good scenario for Buffalo is to hire Jim Harbaugh from Stanford and then take Stanford's QB Andrew Luck with their first pick in the draft.

Honestly Buffalo has been cursed with a lousy QB forever. I feel bad for Lee Evans, he's been wasting away his career there and he has great talent.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Fixed that for ya. ;D

Rodgers is the big key for them, far more than Matthews and Woodson who're both cheaters anyways. As long as he's there and has a pair of decent receivers, the Pack can afford to get into shootouts.

How exactly can you cheat at sacking and intercepting? lol....

I would say that the defense plays just as much of an important role as the offense. They've only given up 7 points their last two games, and that's damn good. Either way, the Pack look very solid going into Minnesota in a couple of weeks.

Years
  • How exactly can you cheat at sacking and intercepting? lol....

I would say that the defense plays just as much of an important role as the offense. They've only given up 7 points their last two games, and that's damn good. Either way, the Pack look very solid going into Minnesota in a couple of weeks.

I'm a Vikings fan, I have to give the Pack crap if no one else does 'sides, roids and holds, did you not read the post I quoted?.

One of those games was against a Dallas team that's given up already, and the other was against a Jets team that nearly lost to the Lions a week later.

Years
  • They've dealt with so many each season they've probably run out of available people willing to help them.

Injuries or not, Carolina should be playing better; I blame Fox for that. Even when healthy, the offense was pathetic and the defense (although they have shown flashes of potential) seems completely lost. Moore was an overconfident lie.

I'm not sure J. Clausen is the answer either. :/ I know it's his first year and he got thrown to the wolves, but the other rookies (McCoy and Bradford) are studs.

But I blame Fox and the front office too. They treated their best defensive player, Peppers, like crap. Now their defense is horrendous.

I don't know if Buffalo would fire Chan Gailey. We'll have to wait and see if they do.

I heard they may try to woo Bill Cower up to Buffalo... hmmm.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm a Vikings fan, I have to give the Pack crap if no one else does 'sides, roids and holds, did you not read the post I quoted?.

Fair enough I suppose, haha. Clay Matthews is indeed unnaturally jacked.

One of those games was against a Dallas team that's given up already, and the other was against a Jets team that nearly lost to the Lions a week later.

Regardless of the quality of the teams they played, a three game win streak is a great confidence booster going into your next game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back