• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official PC Tutoring Program Info & Sign Up

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years

Official PC Tutoring Program Info & Sign Up

I have permission to post this from Blueberry

So this is a program that a couple of other members have tried to start but have failed.
    The point of this program is to help members that don't really know how a certain aspect
    of Pokemon works, for example, EV training. I hope to get many teachers helping me
    tutor here, so that we may further the skill of our PC battling section. I have personally
    went long hours battling, and for what, so that someone who doesn't even know how
    to pick Earthquake over Dig in their move slot. So this is what I propose, if you know hardly
    anything about competitive battling, please take this class, it will help you tremendously.

So it will be working like this, we will have four levels of class, Beginner, Intermediate,
    Expert, and Electives. If you have never battled competitively, we hope that you'll start
    at the Beginner status, although you may start at whichever level you would like. Below
    you will find an explanation of what you will find in each category.

Different Levels of Tutoring

Beginner: In this class you will learn things like what kinds of moves you should use on
    certain Pokemon, what kinds of Abilities Pokemon have, and just the basics about Pokemon
    itself.

Intermediate: In this class you will get more in depth on Pokemon
    strategies and learn the basics of building a competitive team, such as a decent lead, walls, etc.

Expert: In this class you'll learn everything there is to know about EV training and IV breeding.
    It's the last because it's the most complex. You will also learn other little tidbits of info.

Electives: In this class you'll be discussing extra things, like what kinds of
    standards are used in UU/NU, what the main strategies are for the most OU pokemon,
    and anything else that you don't have to know, but should anyways.

Sign-Up Form

User Name:
    Class:
    Time Available:

Tutors

Ooka
    Anti-Pop
    Tortured_Soul
    Loto
    Richard Steel

Assistant: Celestial_Okami

Extra Comments

This is here to help people, so I'm hoping that people will join, not just so that they can
    help the community, but so that they can help themselves become better battlers.

Thread where classes take place:
    https://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127718

Students

TheX-Expert
    Kittyipawd-Intermediate and Electives
    Gengazard-Intermediate
    Thebiggamer-Intermediate
    Gummy-Beginner
    Maniac_13-Undetermined
    Wentz-Beginner
    Umbreon_Master-Intermediate
    ~KiTsUnE-Intermediate and Electives
    The White Stuff-Intermediate
    mikey_19-Beginner

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Can I help in any regard Ooka? Perhaps we can revive the Breeders Guild and have it as a side-working thread to this, teaching all basics in competitive battling.

~T_S

Ooka

Years
    Well, there is plenty of room for tutors. And I still have another thread to make, actually, it might take 4 more threads :o

I doubt Blueberry'll let me do that though.

Ooka

Years
    Actually, we do the discussion in the Official PC Tutoring thread. You will be informed of what you need to do next within 24 hours.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    There is one big problem Ooka, many of these "newbies" or "n00bs" are ignorant, some are even young. Considering this, their little ignorant attitudes will keep them away from this, they simply won't call themselves beginners. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

(In other words, N00bs don't CALL THEMSELVES N00BS. This is just human I guess)

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    You could some how trick them into a tutor thing.I am sure that could help but nice job for trying to make noobs better.:)

.. Trick..? Any examples provided? It's hardly anywhere going to be used since newbs won't call themselves n00bs at all, they only call themselves decent or expert players.

Ooka

Years
    Well, seeing as how we've already gotten one person, it proves that there are some people who realize they aren't as good as they could be, so they try to be.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I'm thinking to sticky this and adding to the title "APPLY HERE IF YOU ARE NEW TO WI-FI BATTLING" something like that, paraphrase it to something shorter.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, I am fairly good at battling. I chose Expert due to high knowledge of battling (mostly shortcuts through it, to win!) but not perfect.

Ooka

Years
    Alright, well, if you ready under what Expert contains, it's EV training and IV breeding. Are those what you're looking for?

The verdict is in, no stick ._.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    EV training is complicated? I would think uh Pokemon roles are a bit more complex (Walls, sweepers, etc.)

Ooka

Years
    Imagine yourself as a new player, would you rather learn secret values that you have to calculate, or numbers that you go to serebii and look at to find out what a Pokemon is good at?

Oh, and Blueberry says no sticky.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Either way I'll be a tutor because I do happen to be pretty good at this game :P

Also just say you don't even have to be a n00b to be tutored, as long as you need to and are willing to learn from PC's battlers.

Ooka

Years
    So far I believe we have these people wanting to be tutors.

Tortured_Soul
    Me
    Anti-Pop

And I've asked celestial_okami to be one. Sounds pretty nice for the first day if you ask me :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    I know about the fundamentals, Ev/IV, Egg Moves, Nature breeding, battle tips and tricks, Item usage and some extra stuff. This thing reminds me of that battle school on Pokemon Stadium 2, learned lots of stuff from there too.

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
    Well uhhh if you need any help I can be of assistance I suppose. And I like the idea it's great.

Back