• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official PokéCommunity Artworm 2009

Years
  • Official PokéCommunity Artworm '09

The Official
    PokéCommunity Artworm
    '09
    Yes, it's been approved. ;)

Original thread.

Alright guys, I think it's high time we brought this baby back. Our other one didn't turn out as expected, but whatever. We'll just have to make this one extra-awesome to make up for it, y'know?

We've gained a few new artists since our last attempt at this, so let's review what an Artworm is, shall we?

Color Me Evil said:
    An Artworm is well, a worm of art. The height is fixed and it doesn't matter who does it. It's less about the skill of the person and more about the art and passion that they put into. This is something to bring graphic artists together. One person does such and such, and then the next person continues on from the last. It's okay to maybe cover up a corner or something, but we must be careful not to do that too much, or else we will be overpowering their art- and that's a bad thing.

The first person starts the art worm, of course, and the next person continues on, blending the same thing into their piece. You don't need to have ANY relevancy at all in here. :3 It's art, not scripture.

Now that we're all familiar with what it is exactly that we're working on, let's discuss a few rules and whatnot:

SIGNING UP:
    Sign up will be a little more complicated this time around. I've created a group specifically for the Artworm. Here's the link:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/group.php?groupid=705

It's an invite-only, so you're going to have to request an invitation in this thread. Everyone is allowed to join in the fun, so don't be afraid to request an invitation. But be warned; once you accept the invitation, there's no backing out. Other members included in the Artworm will be relying on you to do your part. An Artworm is a team project, so teamwork is mandatory.

The deadline for joining will be Jan. 7, 2009. That gives you a full week to request an invitation.

HOW IT WORKS:
    An Artworm is a complicated process, and at times can be a little confusing. Here's how this is going to play out:

A list of all participants will be written out, the order of which will be determined by invitations accepted. The first person on the list will have no later than one week to create a tag (see speculations for more information on this). While this is going on, that person and the next person on the list have the option of discussing the piece with each other. This way, the next person to go will have an idea of how to make their piece flow with the previous one, giving them a head start. Once the first person finishes, he/she will post it in the group AND PM me a copy. At this time, the week long time limit begins for the next person, and they begin their own tag. Now, with the next person working on their piece, they too have the option of discussing it with the third person on the list, and so on. This cycle will be repeated until the end of the list, at which time we'll either call it quits or continue with the process, depending on how the Artworm is looking/how we're feeling about it.

SPECULATIONS:
    We're going to try something different this time around. Instead of the massive canvas we were forced to work with last time, we're going to be working with signature-sized pieces. I know LPs aren't a strong point for some people, so why force them upon everyone? The minimum dimensions will be 370x150, maximum 400x150 if needed.

It appears that most people were against this idea, so sizes for individual pieces are now 600x450, maximum 650x450 if space is an issue.

Also, try to make your tag flow with the previous one in the worm. Fortunately, there's a tutorial that covers this located here (credit to CME for providing the link).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    I've created the group to make things a little more organized. After entries are sent to me via PM, they will also be posted IN THE GROUP ONLY. Please don't post any entries in this thread.

Also, I've created a deviantART account solely for the Artworm so we don't run into the same size issue as we did last time. When you PM me your addition to the Artworm, I will be responsible for updating the worm and posting the latest version on dA, along with your addition to it as a separate "deviation". I doubt any of use will run into any resizing issues, seeing as we're using 370x150 canvas', but I didn't want to take any chances. Anything can go wrong.

Here is the link to the dA account:
    http://pcartworm2009.deviantart.com/

And here is a preview of the Artworm so far (I'll be updating as needed):
    http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/024/7/2/PokeCommunity_Artworm_2009_by_PCArtworm2009.png

So, there you have it! Like I said, you've only got one week to sign up, so let's get crackin', little ones.

Invites Sent (10):
    noxious.
    Closer
    Josephine
    Color Me Evil

Michii
    Vivaa
    Ryusheika
    vVintage
    elli
    Tiny

Confirmed Participants (11/11):

• Rockets
    • noxious.
    • Closer
    • Josephine
    • Color Me Evil
    • Michii
    • Vivaa
    • Ryusheika
    • vVintage
    • elli
    • Tiny
    For any further questions/suggestions, please send me a PM.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I'd like to try this out, I was afraid of the last one because of the dimensions of the worm, but now that it is smaller, I have more confidence!
    I'd like to sign up, but I am unsure as to whether I want to be first in line to do it, maybe could I be bumped down a bit? That is unless everyone really doesn't want to do it...

Sigh me up!

Years
  • I've sent you an invitation. If you don't want to be first, I suggest you wait until more people have signed up to accept the invitation. Otherwise, I'll have to add your name to the list right next to mine.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • But if you are starting it, does that mean that you will make the first piece then I carry on from yours?
    If so I am happy to do that. I meant I didn't want to be making the very first piece.

Years
  • Alright, I should have specified that more clearly. Yes, I've already created the first piece. You have a week to make yours.

Years
  • No, that's one week starting now. I was originally going to start the one week time limit on the 7th, but seeing as you joined ten minutes after I created this thread, I thought it would be appropriate to start it now.

That, and the fact that you've already seen the first piece. If we waited until the 7th to start the time limit, you would've had two weeks to work on your banner while everyone else only would have had one.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Go for it, I'll look back at the other to get an idea of what it is.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Are we really only going to have the height at 150px, or have I misread something? 0.o

Years
  • The reason I made the size 370x150 was because most people have problems with LP's. But, seeing as most of the people who've replied in this thread don't have an issue with LP's, I'll change the size.

UPDATE:

THE NEW SIZE FOR INDIVIDUAL PIECES IN THE TAG WILL BE 600X450, MAXIMUM 650x450 IF NEEDED.

Back