• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupert

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    bluestorm said:
    I dont know about that. Weavile is pronounced- We vile- not -we vil- or -we vul- So it cant be weasel-evil because its we vile.
    I'm pretty sure it's this, bluestorm:

Weavile - [Wee-vile]

That just seems to be the best fit, that's all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2006
    What i think

Has any one heard about this. The new series of games will be Pokemon Diamon and Pearl. I think they should of stopped at emerald and actually continued the Fire red/ Leaf Green series by bringing out Shock Yellow or Spark Yellow. Every series had a 3rd alternate version. And since they re made red and blue into fire red and leaf green, then they should re do yellow too! Also if they are introducing new characters, then they should bring a new eevee evolution as well. A grass/poison type by giving eevee a leaf stone. Use teachniques like razor leaf, body slam, giga drain, sludge bomb, glare, etc.

Years
    Has any one heard about this. The new series of games will be Pokemon Diamon and Pearl.
    Really?!

Is anyone else wondering what the games will look like(not the graphics, the game itself)? Do you think they'll be the regular black color or a whitish color, or sparkly(like gold/silver)?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2006
    A spokesperson of nintendo said in a conference that Diamond/Pearl will support Wi-Fi (Internet!!!) and VoiceChat. Sounds Really good. Online ttrading would be possible!

Years
    New Pokemon Announced
    Japan will see Pokemon for Wii in 2006 along with the DS titles. First Wii video included.
    by Meghan Sullivan and Matt Casamassina

June 7, 2006 - Some called it a fad way back when, but Pokemon is still one of the most highly-demanded and successful franchises in Nintendo's vast library of software. The company is looking to leverage the continued Poke-mania to help bolster the runaway success of the Nintendo DS system as well as ring in the inauguration of the upcoming Wii with brand new proper Pokemon games on both consoles.

In a press conference in Japan this morning, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata spoke about the two Pokemon entries. For the Wii, very little was said, but everything that was said was big.

Announced was Pokemon Battle Revolution, a game looking very much like an update of the Pokemon Stadium series (complete with a gorgeous next-gen makeover.) Battles shown were two-on-two fights.

Nintendo was unfortunately very coy about whether Wi-Fi Connection-enabled online play is planned for Pokemon Battle Revolution, instead stating only that fans can expect interesting developmental uses of the Wii's Wi-Fi features. Downloadable Pokemons? Online battles and trades? We shall see.

The game is scheduled for release in Japan this winter, which could make it a launch title.

On DS, we have the new Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, brand new entries in the franchise custom-made for the DS. The games are confirmed for use over a DS Wi-Fi connection online, and new to this DS game, voice chat is being used for Friends Listed players to communicate while battling. The two DS entries are due out in Japan this Fall. Wirelessly, you can connect your DS to your Wii, bringing your born little 2D creatures to life in glorious 3D on the Wii screen.

A movie of Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii has surfaced on the Net and we've provided for readers in our media section below. The quality isn't too hot, but it's better than nothing.

Source (IGN)

This was pretty much expected, but at least it's official.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    I was trying to figure out what third generation game console I was gonna get, but it will diffently be the Wii now. I think online trading will be awesome. They say it might be a lauch game and again I say Awesome! That clip was so awesome you saw Groudon's Hyper Beam put a hole in the wall behind Deoxys. I can't wait for these games.

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
    I said this elsewhere, but I hope that Revolution will have mini-games where you can use your pokemon from R/S/FR/LG/E/D/P. And, if anyone noticed, Revolution has 3rd gen capabilities because FireRedBoy has Attack Deoxys.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    I did some researching on the new professor, Nanakamado.
    Filb translated it to Eberesche in German which translates to Bird Berry in English. The latin term for this tree is Rowan.

This was taken from serebii's forum, Prof. Rowan I like it.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~
    seda said:
    This was taken from serebii's forum, Prof. Rowan I like it.

Cool, I'm starting to like this new proffessor a lot.

Cap'underpants said:
    Do anyone have an idea of what legendaries pokemons ( if there will be some) , excluding rukario will be or look like?

Well, Manaphy is most likely going to be the new Mew/Celebi/Jirachi.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back