• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Ichapokemr said:
    First one: No, I don't think so. That's too powerful.

Second one: ...That could work, I guess...but maybe make it just that turn and at random instead of you being able to pick which one (like when your pokemon won't listen to you).

Third one: Like Mirror Coat, you mean? Or actually matching the type of the attack?

Fourth one: Nah...

Well maybe they could weaken the first one so that some pokemon are immune to it.

When they actually mach the attack.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Well, since we're just throwing thoughts out, what if they made accuracy and evasion actual stats? They did it with Sp. Def and Sp. Att when they split them in Gold and Silver, why wouldn't they be able to make two new stats?

Oh, and for the attacks from Lone Eevee, they don't sound too bad, just too strong. Cut some of their effects in half, and I'd be okay with them.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

3-4 turns for Time Freeze is way too long. 1-2 turns is okay, and Dark Pokemon should be immune to it, and Celebi should be the only Pokemon who can learn it. That way, the attack won't be so broken.

Grant said:
    Well, since we're just throwing thoughts out, what if they made accuracy and evasion actual stats? They did it with Sp. Def and Sp. Att when they split them in Gold and Silver, why wouldn't they be able to make two new stats?

Making an Accuracy/Evasion stat would be way too annoying to work with. Some of the best attacks out there (Megahorn, Meteor Mash, Will-o-wisp, Sleep Powder) already have low accuracy so if the user got a low accuracy stat, its best moves would be near useless.

Splitting the Special stat actually made sense and was a good idea, because other wise, Pokemon would become near invicible with Amnesia and that's not cool. Adding Accuracy/Evasion is just unnessecary.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    i think you will be able to trade pokemon in the GBA games to the DS games by putting the GBA and DS games into the DS at the same time! :) :) :) :)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    sunny99 said:
    ya, i read that they made Diamond/Pearl a DS game that could trade between FR/LG/R/S/E, which is awesome

That does sound really cool, but what is it with Lucario i mean in screenshots i have seen him in he looks kinda like a starter pokemon, i thought he was a legendary. I guess i was wrong.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    aragornbird said:

3-4 turns for Time Freeze is way too long. 1-2 turns is okay, and Dark Pokemon should be immune to it, and Celebi should be the only Pokemon who can learn it. That way, the attack won't be so broken.

THERE YA GO. Now it's good. Although I think that it should also not be able to stop certain Psychic attacks.

As far as an Accuracy stat, I agree with aragornbird. But Evasion, if done right, could be good.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I could see accuaracy being like dexterity (spell check?) on most RPGs... It'd be different though, if I was in control... It'd be one stat that you could keep building, even past level 100. The more you use inaccurate attacks, the better their accuracy would become... Something along those lines would be kinda cool. Meh, just a thought.

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
    Your all big noobs.Go to pokemon.com or serebii.net.You will stuff your brain with too much info like I did.It will tell you too much about the new pokemon games.I know everything about pokemon (almost).Feel free to ask me any realistic questions about it.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Are you the same Pokemon Professor from Smogon?
    Also, don't double post.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Pokemon Professor said:
    Your all big noobs.Go to pokemon.com or serebii.net.You will stuff your brain with too much info like I did.It will tell you too much about the new pokemon games.I know everything about pokemon (almost).Feel free to ask me any realistic questions about it.

*shoots Pokemon Professor*

Nobody appreciates a post like that.

Idiot loser.

Aggron-x-Ryder

Da Girl Who Rides Aggrons..duh
    Years
    Hmm, oh well, no one likes a hater.... well some-one whos big headded neways....:\
    The idea about the DS cartridge and the GBA cartridge at the same time is a pretty good thought.... I mean, it would save a bit of time with buying wires and getting a SP or a GBA if u dont hav one already.. guilty!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Why doesn't anyone realize that's how it's going to go down?? THE DS HAS NOWHERE TO PUT THE CABLES!!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Then how are you suppost to trade Pokemon from D/P into R/S/E or FR/LG, is it even possible? unless you have to trade from the Nintendo Wii (they'll make something)

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    But I think I remember someone suggesting earlier that people could be able trade from d/p to the other games by having them in the Gba slot of the DS... Which would work pretty well, IMO.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Raichu_tamer said:
    But I think I remember someone suggesting earlier that people could be able trade from d/p to the other games by having them in the Gba slot of the DS... Which would work pretty well, IMO.

YES! SOMEBODY HAS BEEN PAYING ATTENTION! THANK YOU!!

THAT'S how, Queen Boo.

Years
    WEll it will be comming out in Japan in like Christmas, and i live in England! Well it will take ages for it to come over here. So i might as well forget about it comming over for this christmas because it really won't! Next christmas maybe! But, i have a long time to wait!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back