• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official PokeWalker Discussion Thread

Do you like the PokeWalker?

• They're my favourite part of HGSS!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • They're pretty cool.

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Meh, I don't use them much.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I don't like them.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I use the pokewalker daily, I won't stop until I have all the courses. :B
    Have it on right now actually.
    My pokewalker buddy is my Mayple the Furret.

Kinoko_Otoko

Mutant Jumpluff
    Years
    I use a lapras too, just so I can watch it painfully shuffle along behind me on its belly and useless flippers!

No, just kidding. Everyone knows water types are powerfully telekinetic. I used Pliff the Hoppip for a while, but now I have Saizohm the False-Swiping Leafeon that I plan on leveling up with it. Yes, I know there aren't any Eevee evolutions that can learn False Swipe. She knows Spore too. Google arglebargle - nevermind, this might be something I shouldn't post. Suffice it to say I spoofed the GTS.

I have back pain, and sitting is terrible for your back (my chiropractor told me you put 25lb of pressure on your spine laying down, 100 standing and 225 sitting...) and standing hurts my ankles, so I've been walking a lot. It recently dawned on me that I should bother looking into the Pokewalker, and now I like it quite a bit. I got 9000 steps in one walk at one point. Too bad I wasn't using it that time I walked for 2 and a half hours...

Fun facts about the Pokewalker, since no one has brought them up and since some of you might not already be aware:

~You can reclaim Pokemon if your Pokewalker is lost or destroyed by holding down a button combo on the DS; you just don't get the XP and/or items for the walk you were on. You could have rescued your Chansey the whole time!

~Your Pokemon gain 1 exp. for every step. They can only level once per 'walk' (they need to be transferred back to the game to gain that level and start another). They will not learn new moves or evolve when they level up.

~The last unlockable course requires 100,000 watts. You can use it to catch Spiritomb and Feebas, which are otherwise a huge pain.

~You can find rare berries on several of the routes, namely the Ganlon, Liechi, etc. berries that are normally only obtainable from events or extremely difficult and/or grindy methods. These berries are the best berries for poffins in the game (you can actually max out every stat on a single pokemon with them).

~To even have a chance to obtain the rarest items on the Pokewalker requires you to take 7,000-10,000 steps in a single day (the steps count for all routes, so you can get every rare berry in one day, theoretically).

~Searching for items and catching Pokemon costs watts; 3 watts to look for an item and 10 to try to catch a Pokemon. You can fail in both cases, and the watts are still lost. These are subtracted from the same total that's used to unlock new routes, so it's possible to earn more than 100,000 watts without unlocking everything if you spend too many of them.

~Your Pokemon can randomly find items at no cost.

~You can catch Pokemon at no cost by walking without transferring a Pokemon from the game; eventually a Pokemon from the route you're on will join you voluntarily and you can transfer it back to your game! However, it will always be one of the common Pokemon for that route.

There's an excellent guide on the Pokewalker on Gamefaqs, and Serebii.net has info on all the courses.

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    I love the animations of some Pokemon, like how if you stick a Goldeen in there it magically floats after you, which is just hillarious. Also Lapras just kind of shuffles along. Ouch. Why can't it magically float along too? XD

Kinoko_Otoko

Mutant Jumpluff
    Years
    Hoppip never touches the ground. I assume Skiploom and Jumpluff are the same way... now I want to put a Jumpluff on it... I wonder if Jigglypuff floats too?

Fun fact: The character Blue in the Pokemon Special manga used Jigglypuff to fly. Like a hot air balloon.

Aakeosu

Archaeopteryx
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    I use mine all the time. As soon as I wake up, into the pocket it goes. School really racks up some steps, since I have to walk across it three times a day. Usually it's Furret now. I'm not sure what route right now, just trying to get that route with the Feebas. I wish I got Yellow Forest...

Years
    Everytime i go for a walk i take it with me, it takes like 1 min to start game and load up to put pokemon from box and than put it in jeans pocket

i just started using it recently and got about 25000 steps only (gain about 6000 from walk to downtown and back home)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Pleas don't bump threads that are over a month old since the last post, let alone several.

I'll close this thread, and probably remake it (or anther pokewalker topic at any rate) to see how this discussion will go now however.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back