• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Oh excuse me, I thought this thread was to discuss what is presented to us. :/
    The presentation is a small, blurry overworld.. so what do you expect me to say?
    Not in the mood to argue about something as silly as Pokemon, so can we just move on and leave it at that? >.>;

I'm still not entirely sure about this one, but I don't deny the possibility of it. XD
    I mean they just look so different... but drastic changes are pretty fun.

I expect you to make conditional statements. That is what a rumor is, conditional. Not preach it as fact.

The names I underlined and bolded caught my attention. Wakoiasu sounds like that fake pebble pokemon and Aoika could be that weird plant owl pokemon. I do not know Japanese so I don't know if I am right or not, but this just happened to catch my attention.
    The plant owl Pokemon and the Pokemon that sounds like Wakoiasu are both confirmed fakes.

I really hope the dolphin thing is true. The parrot thing is neat as well. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I expect you to make conditional statements. That is what a rumor is, conditional. Not preach it as fact.

I really hope the dolphin thing is true. The parrot thing is neat as well. :3
    I can imagine the Parrot, with leaf, or plant like wings :D! Hope it's more useful than Chatot though :)
    PS: I like Chatot personally but it needs/needed more power...

The Red Chain

Fine, for people like you I will put "this is my opinion, don't take it to heart" after every statement I make. ^^

What animal is Donphan? I always thought it resembled an elephant somewhat, without the size of course.
    Nevermind, they just mentioned it above. XD

Years
    Fine, for people like you I will put "this is my opinion, don't take it to heart" after every statement I make. ^^

What animal is Donphan? I always thought it resembled an elephant somewhat, without the size of course.
    It is an Elephant without the size like you say!
    Tear how can people forget about poor Donphan :(

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Sharpedo would finally not be alone. With a shark, there just has to be a dolphin.

Aside from Kyogre, of course.

I always think of Lanturn as a dolphin, even if it's some prettier form of an angler fish. It's still pretty, so it's more of a dolphin than it will ever be an angler fish.

But I don't know how the elephant will turn out. Mamoswine, I can definitely tolerate, but...

I never knew Kyogre was a killer whale Pokemon (Killer whales are dolphins by the way) Interesting..

The elephant one seems interesting. I know we have one (or more?) but I am hoping for one that looks a bit more realistic.

Right. Now you're just being a..can't really finish this sentence..

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    It either has to be a 3-stage evolution or a one-stage and leave it as is, just like Tropius. It's hard to say that it'll be untouched, but I also find it hard to say that it'll have evolutions either, being a realistic elephant, so it's hard for me to say...

I completely agree.

Is it weird that I see Tsutaaja becoming a peacock? I know it wont happen, but I can just seen Gamefreak randomly adding wings and colors on its tail. o.o

Yes, I know it's a snake.

Years
    Unless it was an incredibly awesome peacock, then I don't really want that happening. ;__; I want Tsutaaja to end up being something that reflects it's strength in the end. Peacocks are extremely fragile, y'know. :(

Also, if there is a peacock, it will probably have intimidate for obvious reasons.
    I agree, it would be like all the other pokemon with "faces/eyes" on their bodies (ex: Arbok, Masquerain,etc. )

The Red Chain

Is it weird that I see Tsutaaja becoming a peacock? I know it wont happen, but I can just seen Gamefreak randomly adding wings and colors on its tail. o.o

Yes, I know it's a snake.
    Actually.. that isn't weird at all. o.o
    I can see his tail growing and the leaves splitting into colors. The small size of his arms are good for wings.. bird bones are really small and brittle. ;;

But I kinda want Tsutaja to look more Chinese dragon like when he evolves. X3

Peacocks are extremely fragile, y'know. :(

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    PokeJungle had rumors posted, but he just recently added some minor details he missed:

- Shimama evolves into Zeboruto (Zebolt) which is an Electric/Dark pokemon

- Darumakka evolves into Darumanki (darumonkey) which evolves into Hihidaruma

- Kibago -> Onokkusu -> Ononokusu Which is a pure dragon line

- One of the new pokemon seen in the video posted the other day is Meguroko's evo

- OhaSuta will air a new image next Friday

- Next month's CoroCoro issue will focus on Doryuuzu, Desukan, Emonga, Basurao, Tabunne, Darumakka, Kurokodon, Aoika, and Wakoiasu.

- Doryuuzu is Ground/Steel. Its 'Drill Liner' attack has a base power of 95 and an accuracy of 85%
    Desukan is Ground/Ghost.

- Rumor says there is only 1 in the game and you encounter it north of Hiun City in the 'Murai Desert'. Apparently there is an underground pass you must go through and Desukan blocks it. When it's lid is open it looks like a transparent mummy-ish ghost inside.

- Other pokemon that they didn't know the name of include a rabbit, purple poodle-like pokemon, parrot that looked like a grass type, an elephant, a peacock, polar bear, gourd[?], koala, psychic/water dolphin, and finally a cat with brown eyes.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Actually, we've already seen these rumours here :)

As for Tsutaaja becoming a peacock... I... can't imagine it. Dragon snake for me. The peacock could be opposite to the swan :D

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Actually, we've already seen these rumours here :)

As for Tsutaaja becoming a peacock... I... can't imagine it. Dragon snake for me. The peacock could be opposite to the swan :D

You didnt have those rumors posted before. I mentioned before quoting it that minor details were added.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    o_O Then you could have just quoted the changes and not the whole thing ...XD;

Hmm...could this mean Desukan could possibly be a legendary? Or at least, the rumours suggest that it has some significance.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    o_O Then you could have just quoted the changes and not the whole thing ...XD;

Hmm...could this mean Desukan could possibly be a legendary? Or at least, the rumours suggest that it has some significance.

Sounds like a new Sudowoodo/Spiritomb/Rotom to me.

Aoika is apparently blue+squid. Thats not a very original name at all Game Freak.

Kurokodon sounds a lot like Crocodon, so its probably an evo to Meguroko. Heck they both have roko in their names.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Kurokodon Is from crocodile and don, which is a popular suffix for big things(Hippowdon has it and the Japanese name for Hippowdon, kabarudon also has it)

Aoika is from "ao" meaning blue and "ika" meaning squid

Wakoiasu sounds like a Gigaiasu prevo because of the iasu part.

Mamepato = Swana

- Evolutions usually don't look like their prevolutions if they are following some sort of myth, story, or folk lore
    - Would go along with Ugly bird turns into Elegant Swan story
    - They both have heart shapes on their chests
    - They both have the Pigeon Heart/Breast ability
    - In the anime previews only the same pokemon were grouped together (minezumis were with other minezumis etc.,)
    - Hatoobo looked like a mix between Mamepato and Swana
    - Could possibly be a Male/Female evolution

Official Rumours Thread

Dento is seeming more and more like an introductory trainer than anything else.

I really think that Dento is fire/water/grass all at the same time, or he has all the starters.(same thing) I have some things that can back me up.

1.It would be fair, instead of having rock gymleader, because fire always had a hard time with that.( or grass for GSC)
    2. Look at the Screenshot of the badge. It has green red and blue, which usually represents grass fire and water.
    3. the gym is based on type questions, assuming from the screen shots. In the screen shots the panels have emblems that clearly represent the 3 starter types.
    4. In the bestwishes promo, One of dento's pokemon uses solarbeam, which was aimed at a Mijumaru. I think he was training.

So in conclusion, I think that Dento uses Pokabu, Mijumaru,and Tsutaja all at once.

A 3 on 3 battle with the primary types using the starters would be a great way to introduce new players into the game. Game Freak seems to love doing this to us.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

- Evolutions usually don't look like their prevolutions if they are following some sort of myth, story, or folk lore
    - Would go along with Ugly bird turns into Elegant Swan story
    - They both have heart shapes on their chests
    - They both have the Pigeon Heart/Breast ability
    - In the anime previews only the same pokemon were grouped together (minezumis were with other minezumis etc.,)
    - Hatoobo looked like a mix between Mamepato and Swana
    - Could possibly be a Male/Female evolution

Official Rumours Thread
    Danggg, good catches Mistah!
    Then if it's a male/female evolution thing, maybe Wooguru is the male evolution..?
    Yeah, that does seem a little less likely than Swana being a female evolution considering Mamepato and Wooguru have almost nothing in common besides both being Normal/Flying. Then again, both Wooguru and Swana share the Keen Eye ability.. so at least that's something. XD

Hatoobo could be the middle evolution.. similar to how Kirlia is the middle for Gardevoir and Gallade.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Dento is seeming more and more like an introductory trainer than anything else.

I really think that Dento is fire/water/grass all at the same time, or he has all the starters.(same thing) I have some things that can back me up.

1.It would be fair, instead of having rock gymleader, because fire always had a hard time with that.( or grass for GSC)
    2. Look at the Screenshot of the badge. It has green red and blue, which usually represents grass fire and water.
    3. the gym is based on type questions, assuming from the screen shots. In the screen shots the panels have emblems that clearly represent the 3 starter types.
    4. In the bestwishes promo, One of dento's pokemon uses solarbeam, which was aimed at a Mijumaru. I think he was training.

So in conclusion, I think that Dento uses Pokabu, Mijumaru,and Tsutaja all at once.

A 3 on 3 battle with the primary types using the starters would be a great way to introduce new players into the game. Game Freak seems to love doing this to us.

That would also be the most efficient way to introduce the new 3-on-3 battle style, since just using the three starters is less contrived than a triplet gym leader or something of that sort. I hope this is what Dento is like.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dunno...I think Mamepato looks nothing like Swana. :(

I mean, yeah it makes sense, but they need to look at least somewhat similar. Logical side of my mind says yes, but graphical part of my mind says no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back