• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    OMG TOO MUCH LEGENDARIES ;A;

Sorry, I'm more mature than that. I can stand filler legendaries as long as they aren't Flareon bad at battling and if they aren't available too soon.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    That's a lot of fish legendaries!

Don't mind, though, so long as they're good and fitting of the title.

And like Derk, my eyes were immediately drawn to Kanpaneri. Yes please.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • OMG TOO MUCH LEGENDARIES ;A;

Sorry, I'm more mature than that. I can stand filler legendaries as long as they aren't Flareon bad at battling and if they aren't available too soon.
    You mean Entei bad at battling that the legendary counterpart of Flareon too ;). Yeah I hope they aren't...nor Regigigas like...I like it but it's ability doomed it to NU :(

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I bet Mamanbou is a standalone pokemon. I also bet it either evolves into or evolves from a Moonfish because its a Sunfish.

Years
  • I bet Mamanbou is a standalone pokemon. I also bet it either evolves into or evolves from a Moonfish because its a Sunfish.
    Everyone thought it was the evolution of luvdisc a couple months ago but now that they have seen that it's beautyful, they no longer think that -_-...I still think it's Luvdisc's evolution :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'll be surprised if it isn't a Luvdisc evolution. However; I think it'll appear post-nat-dex, as people were saying, as one of the post-nat-dex rumoured Pokemon.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I don't think it's a Luvdisc evo anymore, since the CoroCoro makes no reference to Luvdisc. It's new pose made me think different of it as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    Electivire was not revealed to be Electabuzz's evolution until much later
    so what you think now?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    Originated from 2ch, posted on the Japanese blog "blue skY", with translations from PokeBeach:
    - Isshu Dex has 150 Pokemon, with the total number of Pokemon being 647. Note: The math doesn't add up, but if the numbers are slightly off,
    - Isshu Dex #146 = Grass type
    - Isshu Dex #147 = Poison type
    - Isshu Dex #148 = Ground type
    - Isshu Dex #149 = Dragon/Fire type (Reshiram)
    - Isshu Dex #150 = Dragon/Electric type (Zekrom)
    - National Dex #637 = Ice/Fighting type
    - National Dex #638 = Fire/Dark type
    - National Dex #639 = Ground/Bug type
    - National Dex #640 = Poison/Dragon type
    - National Dex #641 = Steel type
    - National Dex #642 = Water type
    - National Dex #643 = Fire type
    - National Dex #644 = Dragon/Ice type (3rd Legendary Dragon?)
    - National Dex #645 = Normal/Ghost type
    - National Dex #646 = Dragon type
    - National Dex #647 = Dark/Psychic type
    - New war-like bipedal turtle Pokemon named "Yogame"
    - New angel-like Pokemon named "Kanpaneri"
    - New "guard dog" Pokemon named "Soraion"
    - New Pokemon named "Daneira"
    - New fat cow Pokemon named "Ushikatsu"
    - New evil-looking insect Pokemon named Supaddosu

anything of you think this is real?

As much as I like those type combos, I'm sad to say they are fake.

Why? Math. Masuda said there are no old Pokemon in the Isshu Dex. But this rumor claims there are 647 total Pokemon, and 150 Pokemon in the Isshu dex. There would have to be old Pokemon in the Isshu Dex for that to be true.

EDIT: And yeah, it's confirmed that TMs don't vanish after one use.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • They showed more than one new evolution of old pokemon in the DP CoroCoro. This time they have only shown one possible one.
    This isn't even a relevant point to argue against it being a Luvdisc evolution. :|

Can I post in here screaming "HAHAH IT WAS SO OBVIOUS TOO" when it's revealed to be one, directed it at all the people who somehow can't see that they're related?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    As much as I like those type combos, I'm sad to say they are fake.

Why? Math. Masuda said there are no old Pokemon in the Isshu Dex. But this rumor claims there are 647 total Pokemon, and 150 Pokemon in the Isshu dex. There would have to be old Pokemon in the Isshu Dex for that to be true.

Wait, what? So are you saying that it is fake because there can't be 150 NEW Pokemon this Gen? Why would there have to be old Pokemon in the Isshu Dex for it to have 150? You lost me...

As mentioned said before, they seem to be trying to change this entire Gen from previous games and they did say they have an entire Isshu Dex full of NEW Pokemon. So why can't that be 150? Or has the official number been confirmed and I just missed it?

Years
  • Wait, what? So are you saying that it is fake because there can't be 150 NEW Pokemon this Gen? Why would there have to be old Pokemon in the Isshu Dex for it to have 150? You lost me...
    As mentioned said before, they seem to be trying to change this entire Gen from previous games and they did say they have an entire Isshu Dex full of NEW Pokemon. So why can't that be 150? Or has the official number been confirmed and I just missed it?
    I think he is trying to say that the math doesn't add up as if it was 150 it shouldn't be that number as it's too low to make 647, unless Isshu has some past pokemon's evolutions, though those numbers are part of the National dex not the Isshu dex so it can still be true :)
    Edit: I did the math and found that we have 154 new pokemon, so those extra four can be evolutions of past pokemon :)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • People need to stop assuming that that PokeDex information is real, even though it came from no reliable source. In fact, it just popped out of no where so it's probably fake. :|

Years
  • People need to stop assuming that that PokeDex information is real, even though it came from no reliable source. In fact, it just popped out of no where so it's probably fake. :|
    True, though 151 seems credible as it's the same number as Kanto's dex, which was the only other dex with pokemon of only that generation, they didn't even add gen 2 pokemon into it in FrLG like they added gen 4 pokemon to Johto's dex...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Did Pokemon Sunday even air?

Usually the Pokemon sites (especially PokeBeach and Serebii) will update saying what Pokemon Sunday has shown or just to say the showed nothing. But no one is saying anything now. :|

Edit: Okay, PokeJungle. Thank you for posting the stuff. <3 Nothing really new..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back