• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
  • I like this idea. I am probably the ONLY one, but I think this is an interesting new concept. They look really cool, except Ampharos and Mewtwo, who I am disappointed with, except Ampharos being Dragon-type now. I look forward to using MegaLucario and MegaMawile in battle. The "Mega" part is kind of lame, but I always nickname my pokemon anyways. Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for a MegaNinetales and a MegaAltaria.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Somehow, the artworks for the rabbit and mini raichu look like a fan made.

I agree about the rabbit. When I first saw it, it seemed like something more Disney-ish than Pokemon. Though in my opinion, that's not necessarily a bad thing when it comes to 'cute' Pokemon.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Okay, fair argument. There is still one thing I've pointed out twice now that has gone unaddressed. And that is the imbalance this will cause.

Again, Fairy types were mainly introduced to keep a hold on Dragons, and to finally put a good balance on the games. Keep all the types with roughly the same amount of strengths and weaknesses, but, then the Megas are revealed and now the balance is off again.

I did address that, cost-factor. Things like this, in general, have some sort of severe cost to balance it out. And especially if the conditions are...particular, that in its own right has some sort of balance.
    I personally like the Life-draining theory that I stated before. You get the mega form, but it drains your pokemon's health. Sort of like how the Life orb increases attack power at the cost of HP. And maybe even have a worse effect in that, you can't heal your pokemon in mega form.
    Think of that as, their bodies, in that state, reject healing items (at least for HP, I don't think it'd be fair to make them resistant to status healing. It would TOTALLY suck to have a Mega pokemon paralyzed and thus unable to use it's power...]

Years
  • Lol, the new Electric fairy type shares simularitys to the megas. Don't ask me how, but they look simalar. I have a feeling its final evo will have a mega.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It may be a kids game, but even pokemon knows, the majority of people who play it are teens and adults.
    And it's not as complex as some kids games, I mean, you don't have to really THINK about it, you just...do it. There's not likely going to be a complicated procedure or anything like that. You just...use it, or maybe it's automatic.
    Think about other games that come out for kids...Kingdom Hearts is far more complicated, and ESPECIALLY LoZ.
    This isn't too far off the normal lines of Pokemon complexity.

@Haza, Well, most likely with the new generation, as with most generations, you'll get most of the older pokemon AFTER you complete the game, and probably further still [like a safari zone that unlocks after certain conditions are met.
    But yea, I hope Gen VI pokemon get them too... Mega-Pangoro <3
    So true, even to this day some in the KH fan base are still confused about the whole time travel thing of YMX...And the Zelda fan base still debates the time line despite the creators having made one...Come on guys it's not like Pokémon is introducing Time travel with people who perished in the past traveling to the future, or multiple split time lines...now that kind of stuff confuses both kids and adults...

As for the whole balance thing...some say that Ice is weak against fairy...if that's true than GF is just portraying a image of balance as the whole thing isn't really balanced...

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I was so very excited for this new generation. I thought that with the shift to the 3DS and the lessons they learned from how the fandom reacted to Gen 5 that this would be the absolute-without-a-doubt best generation.

Now all I can say is... f*** Pokemon. This "feature" is a joke.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong, and allow me to clarify, I'm not against shaking things up or adding new things to the games, I love it. I just don't like this. (Although I do think MegaAbsol looks cool)

This throws off the newly placed balance and other game mechanics.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • So true, even to this day some in the KH fan base are still confused about the whole time travel thing of YMX...And the Zelda fan base still debates the time line despite the creators having made one...Come on guys it's not like Pokémon is introducing Time travel with people who perished in the past traveling to the future, or multiple split time lines...now that kind of stuff confuses both kids and adults...

As for the whole balance thing...some say that Ice is weak against fairy...if that's true than GF is just portraying a image of balance as the whole thing isn't really balanced...

Pokemon has done time travel before though XD and personally I like the thought as long as it's not complex...
    I remember seeing a GIF of Dialga using roar of time and the shockwaves were cycling through the different pokemon game styles...that would be cool. In order to get older gen pokemon, you'd have to go BACK to that generation in-game ;D

Even older Zelda games were complex...I mean, Majora's Mask, anyone?

And speaking of time travel confusion...Doctor Who confuses its entire fanbase every episode.

@Austin
    You keep saying 'balance, balance, balance' but do you REALLY think pokemon would completely screw things up by NOT balancing it out? They don't make those kinds of mistakes...I highly doubt it's unbalanced like you think it is.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Who makes the thread without making sure the first post has images? Anyway... they're all boring and ugly.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I fully expected the boosted Absol to be Dark/Fairy... the wings... all of the extra white... that's the main flaw I see.

Years
  • Each pokemon needing a specific item to do mega evo, seems unlikely. They'd likely need all starts finals for megas and I just can't see them making a specific item for each. It should be a ability. Mew also needs one. They're doing so much to mewtwo, but why not the original. I can't see megas being stronger than pseudos ethier, besides the mewtwo. Also they will probally release more megas. So unlikely for specific items. Imo.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Aslong as the game stays fair and we don't have a cheat code like the likes of hydriegon ( imagine mega hydriegon) aslong as you balance it out all will be fine on another note anybody uses that fake raichu looking mouse my raichu is gonna thunderbolt it a d the trainer you've been warned

blue

gucci
    Years
  • At the end of the day, whether you like it or not this Mega Evolution mechanic is here to stay by the looks of things. There's bound to be an option choice on whether you want to use these Pokémon or not as Game Freak was expecting some back lash on this whole Mega Evolution concept because it does cause a huge shift in specific Pokémon and their evolutionary lines, but it's not really all that bad is it? It's something new, unique and different which is expected with every new generation, some people will love it and some people will hate it but I don't think it's something that should make you quit Pokémon all together, especially after clamoring for these games for the past seven months. There's only two months until the release now and I'm sure people are getting pretty excited for these games as they verge on the release but I wouldn't just make a strong hated statement against this new feature before actually having the time and information to form a solidified opinion on it. Obviously there will be dislike towards it but I wouldn't go as far as to say "This has ruined Pokémon" or "Oh, I'm not going to buy these games" it's just change which happens quite often in Pokémon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Pokemon has done time travel before though XD and personally I like the thought as long as it's not complex...
    I remember seeing a GIF of Dialga using roar of time and the shockwaves were cycling through the different pokemon game styles...that would be cool. In order to get older gen pokemon, you'd have to go BACK to that generation in-game ;D

Even older Zelda games were complex...I mean, Majora's Mask, anyone?

And speaking of time travel confusion...Doctor Who confuses its entire fanbase every episode.

@Austin
    You keep saying 'balance, balance, balance' but do you REALLY think pokemon would completely screw things up by NOT balancing it out? They don't make those kinds of mistakes...I highly doubt it's unbalanced like you think it is.
    Yes but Pokémon's is less confusing xD.

I haven't played Majora but LoZ OoT did cause some confusion in the fanbase...is Shiek Zelda is disguise or did she actually change her sex (I think the former).

Time travel would've been an interesting feature...and would've fit "the scoop of the century" in a punny sort of way xD.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • Gamefreak is going all out in these games, wouldn't you say?

I first of all LOVE the idea. There hasn't been a single idea that has been introduced that I don't like yet, actually. I am glad that they are introducing this to help banish the idea of new forms. It has been revealed that the Mewtwo form is not a form, but rather a mega evolution, so no forms yet (thank you!). I should mention that this isn't really Digimon-like, but more like alternate evolutions. We need an Absol and Mawile evolutions to start with, since they have been requested for quite some time now. I am glad to see Lucario make use of this feature since it is one of my favorite Pokémon to use in competitive battling and deserves this feature to keep it on top this generation. I'd like to see Ampharos used more in competitive battling as well.

Eh-hem. All giddiness aside, well done Gamefreak. I am looking forward to see even more features announced before the release of the game and perhaps even more mega Pokémon. But most of all, please let us see starter evolutions.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I like these 3 pokemon, I like their simple designs and the cute raichu clone. I wonder what pikachu would say if ash caught one or what ash would sah if they saw one.

Years
  • Honedge with a mega would be awesome. :P. To the mega haters and the Honedge haters. But I'm also serious, it would be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    There really needs to be a system on Wi-Fi to kick people from Wi-Fi if they hack Mega pokemon/

Back