• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
This.

Aaaugh; that Slowbro/Slowking Mega Evolution would be quite awesome, indeed. :3 (although Slowbro/Slowking can kind of be hard to deal with sometimes >.<) That makes me hope for a Parasect Mega Evolution, as Parasect really needs and is deserving of one (4 times, or potentially even FIVE times weak to Fire-types). I would LOL at a Parasect Mega Evolution that randomly has Flash Fire as its legitimate Ability. :3 And Parasect (which seems to be a "Paras being mind-controlled by fungi") could have its Mega Evolution where Parasect (the true 'animal', not the parasitic fungi) reasserts authority/control over its body by taking advantage of newfound fungi powers or something, becoming frighteningly powerful in the process.

Gym Trainer music? Interesting...I wouldn't have minded if they just used the standard Kalos Trainer battle music, but as the Pokemon series continues to allot music for more specific situations/battles/events (i.e., the music playing during a Gym Leader battle, compared to the music that plays on his/her last Pokemon's unveiling, compared to the music that plays when your own Pokemon is low on HP), I'm not really surprised that Gym Trainers get their own music. I hope they're rebattle-able, though, for those who want to listen to more of their music. :D I'll have to take a listen later...

ROFL; a Dugtrio that can attack 3 times would be cool, but that almost seems like overkill. XD

Ah, thanks for clarification... Nidoran lines would be a stretch IMHO, but Buneary's line definitely counts as a bunny/rabbit IMO.

Yeesh, it's getting hard to remember which animals we have Pokemon of, with all the "repeat" Pokemon (i.e., Infernape and Aipom, both based on mokeys/primates) and animals we don't even have animals of yet! (i.e., dolphins and cute, little tardigrades)

Also, it's surreal that the Mega Evolutions give credence to Mewthree as well as this! XD

Also, TVTropes gave me some laughs in the Memetic Mutation entry with "Mega Meganium" and "Mega Yanmega". XD And someone from Bulbagarden Forums gave me some more laughs with the potential Dragonitenite/Dragonite Mega Stone, with someone suggesting the suitably cool alternative of Draconite.

I would love to see Parasect take back it's mind! That'll be so cool and not as scary sounding as it is now...or it could Megaevolve into something where the Fungi goes overboard and the bug is surrounded by fungi tendrills symbolising complete take over...

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't really get the Digimon-comparisons. Looks a whole lot more like Pokemon going Super Saiyan than "digivolving". Hoping for Pikachu's Mega Evolution letting it look like it went SSJ3. And yeah I know Pikachu evolves into Raichu, but it's through a stone just like Mega-evolving. Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken are definitely going to be on my team.

Dedenne looks like it would be a total bro

Like this?:

images

If anything though raichu would get one. That would make for a cool anime episode: mega raichu vs pikachu. As for the parasect idea that sounds awesome! It makes a lot of sense to.

Years
Like this?:

images

If anything though raichu would get one. That would make for a cool anime episode: mega raichu vs pikachu. As for the parasect idea that sounds awesome! It makes a lot of sense to.
It would make for a cool episode. Pikachu is always battling Raichu's it seems, a MegaRaichu will certainly give it a challenge.

Maybe they make Mega Raichu Yellow to make it look like it's pre evolutions Pichu and Pikachu.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
Mega Kangaskhan has been revealed by Masuda himself.

Spoiler:

It's baby comes out it's pouch! I'm so happy for this one cause I've always sort wanted something like this.
It's ability, Parental Bond, allows it too hit twice once as the kid and second as the adult I'm assuming.

Welp
Now it's become very unlikely for there to be a possible evolutionary line for kangaskhan...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Remember, when playing Wireless battles, Junichi said you could choose to use any battle music from within the game, so you can hear it again during Wireless battles, as well as with the 202 track album coming out.

Oh...gotcha; thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression that you got to choose from a pre-set list of songs (similar to how Super Smash Bros. Brawl's My Music feature has a select list of songs that you can choose to play on each stage)... So it's just during Wireless battles? Aww, I was hoping that it meant in-game as well...? (i.e., after you've beaten the Champion, the Champion battle theme could be set to play during a Gym Leader rematch battle)

Infernape is technically a chimpanzee not a Monkey.

I would love to see Parasect take back it's mind! That'll be so cool and not as scary sounding as it is now...or it could Megaevolve into something where the Fungi goes overboard and the bug is surrounded by fungi tendrills symbolising complete take over...

Yeeahh, I had a feeling that someone would point out how Infernape & co., Aipom and co., the Elemental Unova 'monkeys' are based on particular types of primates, but I just lump(-ed) their design origins all under "monkey" for convenience's sake, especially since there's no real official word on the matter, AFAIK. XD

That "Parasect's fungi going overboard" concept for the Mega Evolution sounds even creepier than what actually happened to Parasect. XD ~.~

Years
Welp
Now it's become very unlikely for there to be a possible evolutionary line for kangaskhan...
And the presence of the baby it it's Mega might've shot down the pre evolution idea as they may have to make the baby disappear like they did with Remoraid in the Mantine sprites.

Oh...gotcha; thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression that you got to choose from a pre-set list of songs (similar to how Super Smash Bros. Brawl's My Music feature has a select list of songs that you can choose to play on each stage)... So it's just during Wireless battles? Aww, I was hoping that it meant in-game as well...? (i.e., after you've beaten the Champion, the Champion battle theme could be set to play during a Gym Leader rematch battle)

Yeeahh, I had a feeling that someone would point out how Infernape & co., Aipom and co., the Elemental Unova 'monkeys' are based on particular types of primates, but I just lump(-ed) their design origins all under "monkey" for convenience's sake, especially since there's no real official word on the matter, AFAIK. XD

That "Parasect's fungi going overboard" concept for the Mega Evolution sounds even creepier than what actually happened to Parasect. XD ~.~
Oh wait it is a monkey as Chimpanzee's have no tail and Infernape does...

Yeah I know it is...that's why I rather tha bug take back control of it's body.

Last edited:

DamienHelvian

Years
And the presence of the baby it it's Mega might've shot down the pre evolution idea as they may have to make the baby disappear like they did with Remoraid in the Mantine sprites.

That's kind of what I meant.
Kangaskhan doesn't really have a...place for a further evolution. It seems like it'd be a final evolution...
The idea was more of two pre-evolutions starting with Baby Kangaskhan...
ALTHOUGH, they could erase the sprite from the pouch but keep the Mega form with the baby as it would come from elsewhere. Sort of like a family call.

I was hoping that they would eventually make Baby kangaskhan a thing, and make a play on the Cubone thing...

And by the way, Infernape ISN'T a chimpanzee, chimp's are tailless apes. Infernape has a tail, and an ironic name.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Infernape_(Pokémon) Look down in Origin

Years
That's kind of what I meant.
Kangaskhan doesn't really have a...place for a further evolution. It seems like it'd be a final evolution...
The idea was more of two pre-evolutions starting with Baby Kangaskhan...
ALTHOUGH, they could erase the sprite from the pouch but keep the Mega form with the baby as it would come from elsewhere. Sort of like a family call.

I was hoping that they would eventually make Baby kangaskhan a thing, and make a play on the Cubone thing...

And by the way, Infernape ISN'T a chimpanzee, chimp's are tailless apes. Infernape has a tail, and an ironic name.
I know I corrected myself in the ninja post before this one :)

That could work...I just want it to have a pre evolution...at least Pokemon like Mawile and Absol can have pre evos...

Now if they do a call thing maybe Mega Mantine will be fused with Remoraids that serve as cannons...maybe based off a airplane with guns attached?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

That could work...I just want it to have a pre evolution...at least Pokemon like Mawile and Absol can have pre evos...

Now if they do a call thing maybe Mega Mantine will be fused with Remoraids that serve as cannons...maybe based off a airplane with guns attached?

Thanks to MRAS and DamienHelvan for clarifying the Infernape 'origin' above. XD

That Mega Mantine concept sounds amazingly awesome and fitting; it would certainly help to allay Mantine's 4x Electric weakness! I'm not sure if Mantine necessarily needs it or not; my main experience with it is typically just one-shotting it in Battle Frontier facilities with a Thunderbolt attack... However, this Mega Evolution concept is beginning to sound a little more appealing! (as long as the designs for stuff like Mega Parasect and Mega Mantine are good) :3

DamienHelvian

Years

Yes, the tiny remoraid fires HYPER BEAM like a cannon :P

And I noticed, you must've edited it while I was editing mine....

I did state an idea I had for Kangaskhan about...halfway through the original Mega Pokemon thread before they were merged. Baby Kangaskhan would be normal type, and be given an official name like Kangan. It could then have a branch evolution, some sort of Bone-based held item to turn it into Cubone, or by default, evolve into Kanghus, which would then evolve into Kangaskhan. I also think it should be given a second typing...it just doesn't seem like it should be a pure normal type to me~

DamienHelvian

Years
The ability allows it to hit twice...
How exactly is that going to work? Some moves are pretty ok, but Kangaskhan has a pretty good movepool. Can't it learn Hyper Beam? I mean, how is THAT going to work? Will they both fire and then both rest? Or will Kangaskhan fire, and the baby's turn count as resting?

Or will it have...certain moves that are affected by the ability.

Years
Yes, the tiny remoraid fires HYPER BEAM like a cannon :P

And I noticed, you must've edited it while I was editing mine....

I did state an idea I had for Kangaskhan about...halfway through the original Mega Pokemon thread before they were merged. Baby Kangaskhan would be normal type, and be given an official name like Kangan. It could then have a branch evolution, some sort of Bone-based held item to turn it into Cubone, or by default, evolve into Kanghus, which would then evolve into Kangaskhan. I also think it should be given a second typing...it just doesn't seem like it should be a pure normal type to me~
It'll have to be femake though to evolve into Kangaskhan as it's female only. Would be nice if there were a male counterpart. For some reason the baby seems to come off as male to me...

Oh and I double posted that I made an error around the same time you pointed it out and went back and editted the original :P

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
Hmm, it would be cool if a pokemon can hit twice, but isnt it kinda unfair if the pokemon used a strong move like Outrage that deals 120 dmg, and it hit twice which make it 240... :/

DamienHelvian

Years
It'll have to be femake though to evolve into Kangaskhan as it's female only. Would be nice if there were a male counterpart. For some reason the baby seems to come off as male to me...

Oh and I double posted that I made an error around the same time you pointed it out and went back and editted the original :P

They could use a counterpart to the Gallade effect, minus the stones.
The first two evolutions can be male or female, but only Female Kanghus' can evolve into Kangaskhan~
I like the names Kangan and Kanghus, don't you?

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Nidoran takes influence from both rabbits and rhinos. As it evolves it loses a lot of these traits and become much more like rhinoceros, but the buck-teeth, large ears and general body shape of them share many parallels with rabbits.

But unless we find out about a Mega-Nidoking/Nidoqueen then this is a little off topic. :p

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hmm, it would be cool if a pokemon can hit twice, but isnt it kinda unfair if the pokemon used a strong move like Outrage that deals 120 dmg, and it hit twice which make it 240... :/

That will still be pretty basic damage tbh. Everyone should be worried about those stab'd Returns it can now fire off at will.

There's obviously going to be a drawback; I mean, all of the mega Pokemon will have some sort of sacrifice to make. Yes Kanga can hit at double power but there's probably more to it; I'm guessing that Kangaskhan will be able to hit at full power whilst the baby can only hit at half its parents power. Meaning a full double powered move cannot be done. So double the power stab'd Returns won't be wrecking everything.

i hope it makes sense; it's late im tired etc

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
That will still be pretty basic damage tbh. Everyone should be worried about those stab'd Returns it can now fire off at will.

There's obviously going to be a drawback; I mean, all of the mega Pokemon will have some sort of sacrifice to make. Yes Kanga can hit at double power but there's probably more to it; I'm guessing that Kangaskhan will be able to hit at full power whilst the baby can only hit at half its parents power. Meaning a full double powered move cannot be done. So double the power stab'd Returns won't be wrecking everything.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, too. It looks like that in the trailer too cause the baby's attack is very quick.

Still hitting a dragon type with Outrage and getting 360 power would be pretty damn nice. Ha.

DamienHelvian

Years

And if we think about the normal process of multi-hit moves...I would presume the seperate hits of Parent and Baby will each have their own checks. So a move with 70 acc. would very likely only get one of the two hits as well. And maybe the baby has more/less accuracy...
And then there's the idea of if the Parent misses, the baby can't make a move.

Back