• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Oh great, now we've got a game that adds Digivolution. And this is why the series is going downhill.

boo-this-man.gif

Keep in mind that this is an optional feature of the games, you don't have to utilize it. I was against the idea at first, but have since grown to embrace it. I can't wait to uncover all the secrets of Mega-Evolution, and finding out all the Pokemon that get one.

IMO, this is one of those features that some people will dislike at first, then eventually enjoy.

Know who I want to get a Mega-Evolution? Go on, guess.
(It's Darkrai)

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
Mega Evolution seems interesting, Are the Mega evolution Pokemon will be stronger than the legendary Pokemons ??? If yes, people will probably just ignore the legendary pokemons and focus on The Mega Pokemon. Unless the legendary can Mega evolve too :D

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
Yeah, we still have no idea what the Original Unova Dragon looked like, nor whether it was called Kyurem or something different, the only problem, I doubt Mega Kyurem would resemble the original dragon as it'd also require absorbing both Zekrom and Reshiram back into itself.
GameFreak really needs to reveal the original dragon already.

Also, Mega Dunsparce, needed, poor little guy.

I wonder if true Kyurem is in B2/W2's coding at all....
Maybe they had an original plan for an event version of DNA splicers that could merge all three and we don't even realize it.

A possible concept of True Kyurem, if you look at Black version and White version, the changes made are on opposite sides, so maybe Kyurem's own design holds no place in the true body, and it's more of a combination of Reshiram and Zekrom...

Maybe we'll see it eventually, at least in a movie if not a game.
Mega Kyurem would be too powerful though.

DamienHelvian

Years
It would be MegaRaichu. The Mega Pokemon are "evolutions" of fully evolved Pokemon. Pikachu is not fully evolved.

And seeing as Pikachu is the Iconic Pokemon, most likely it/Raichu will get one. Or it could be a rare exception to the 'fully evolved' rule, and Pikachu itself could get a mega due to its Iconic stature.
Hey maybe even Ash's Pikachu will be the one to show us in the series~

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
That will still be pretty basic damage tbh. Everyone should be worried about those stab'd Returns it can now fire off at will.

There's obviously going to be a drawback; I mean, all of the mega Pokemon will have some sort of sacrifice to make. Yes Kanga can hit at double power but there's probably more to it; I'm guessing that Kangaskhan will be able to hit at full power whilst the baby can only hit at half its parents power. Meaning a full double powered move cannot be done. So double the power stab'd Returns won't be wrecking everything.

i hope it makes sense; it's late im tired etc

Do you mean like it can risk your life like Double-Edge or maybe the User Attack/SpAttack will be lowered on each use... If that so, that will be great :D

DamienHelvian

Years
Do you mean like it can risk your life like Double-Edge or maybe the User Attack/SpAttack will be lowered on each use... If that so, that will be great :D

I don't think they'd have stats lowered each and every use from something you can't turn off. It's not a move of it's own, it affects other moves, making them hit twice.
This does pose a new question, will a possible drawback be, hitting twice at the cost of twice the PP?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I highly doubt a function that's part of the game's story (after all, the gym leader Korrina knows the secret and there's a building in the game dedicated to them) would be limited to wireless.

I meant the 'once per battle' limitation might be wifi only, not megas as a whole. Sorry, should have been clearer.

blue

gucci
Years
Well if Mawile gets an Attack Stat boost then paired with Huge Power it will be exceeding an Attack Power of 600, which is tremendous!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Something's gotta go though; I think its speed will be even worse now; or its defenses will take a hit.

It might have huuuuge attack but that's no good when paired with awful defenses/speed.

Although its attack might not even get a boost.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 26, 2021
Mega-evolutions?

I just would like to know what you guys all think about this new mega evolution things. Do you like them..? Or do you hate them?

Truth is, I think that the mega evolution are a little odd. Their designs and new types seem so awkward as well! Like, the Mega Lucario seems to look like they put a Lucario and a Ninetales together and got that. I've also heard that the Mega Ampharos is actually electric/dragon? I'd just like to know what your feedback is on all of this.

DamienHelvian

Years
Apparently since I was last in both threads, it turned into an accidental double-post when they merged XD

Kangaskhan has always had at least fair speed, and since you rarely go against super high level opponents through normal gameplay, it should be fine, and even without super boosted attack, the double hitting will still be something.

@Magma I don't think bullet punch will ever go to mawile, as its typeset doesn't really suit it...
Can't Lucario learn it?

Years
This is great news, earlier today I was thinking it would be cool if they had 4th evolutions and this is kinda similar, even though it is only temporary!

Bring it on, amazing news!

Back