• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Here's Awakened Mewtwo with the DNA symbol over him.

I just can't believe they'd explain how he turns into this new form without even using this symbol once or mentioning DNA anywhere. I think this is fake, guys.

And BTW no it's not an attack he's using against Xerneas, the clip they showed of Xerneas after is his own move Geo Control. They tried to trick us for some reason.
    It's not fake dude lol. It's being confirmed as real everywhere, as well with the cover of the issue leaking.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Here's Awakened Mewtwo with the DNA symbol over him.

I just can't believe they'd explain how he turns into this new form without even using this symbol once or mentioning DNA anywhere. I think this is fake, guys.

And BTW no it's not an attack he's using against Xerneas, the clip they showed of Xerneas after is his own move Geo Control. They tried to trick us for some reason.

Whilst I think there is a possibility of it being fake, I'm not sure what your argument with this Mewtwo stuff is.

That doesn't even look like a DNA symbol... it's just a funky shape - not a double helix.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hehe, I guess I was right when I said that the Scoop Of The Century would be something that we aren't even supposed to guess... because I would have never guessed this one, ever...

But seriously, this sounds fake as hell. I'm having a really hard time believing this is true...
    Tbh, I've always been pretty broad-minded in what concerns changes in Pokémon games, but is too much.
    I've always been against the people who said "Pokémon looks like Digimon now", but now they do have a point.
    Seriously? Burst Mode, anyone?

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against Pokémon copying Digimon, as long as they copy the good stuff... but this? I don't like it. I'm seriously hoping that this is fake (even though I don't think that will happen, now that so many sites are confirming it), but if it isn't... let's just hope it grows on me...
    That's what I thought after seeing them, Burst mode.
    That was one thing I liked about Data squad and like wise I like these Pokémon "Burst modes" I mean Mega modes...lol and Kyurem's forms were 'Hybrids'

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I, for one, welcome our new Mega Pokémon in our battles. Actually, I can't wait to see all the Mega Pokémon for all the old stuff. Who knows, maybe it'll make my favourites even better at what they do.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    As someone said, everything has been confirmed to be true and we have already seen Gogoat pre evo in a trailer/screenshot.

The Megalutions look amazing and as long as they are just new forms, I am good. I just really hope for a MegaEmpoleon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    As someone said, everything has been confirmed to be true and we have already seen Gogoat pre evo in a trailer/screenshot.

/Devil's Advocate

Just because we know about the baby goat (or we think we do), from previous trailers, doesn't confirm this to be true. It would be quiet easy for someone to make a baby-forme of Gogoat.

Really, we can't confirm this is 100% true until either an official nintendo update or corocoro hits the shelves officially.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    If this turns out to be false, then we got trolled hard. I mean, this thread received over 130 replies within a few hours...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    If this turns out to be false, then we got trolled hard. I mean, this thread received over 130 replies within a few hours...

Judging by the style of the pages, and the coverage in general, it is most likely true. But yeah, websites have been fooled before - it could happen.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I....what. Regular Mawile has 85 base attack. With huge power thats the equivalent of like 220 base attack (590 total attack). WHAT. I really hope its mega form has lowered attack.

Like..the designs are nice and the concept is...okay....but if its just an excuse to make certain Pokemon overpowered...no...I'm not behind that. Adaptability + Fighting STAB...really Gamefreak?

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
    I'm interested to see how this plays out, but I'm also question what the motive behind this was. It's a strange decision, but I hope it turns out well.

The prefix is awful though. If that's actually in the names I'll be nicknaming for sure...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Judging by the style of the pages, and the coverage in general, it is most likely true. But yeah, websites have been fooled before - it could happen.
    Yeah, I still remember that ugly flower owl...we got fooled into believe was real last gen...

I hope they're real though.
    After hearing that they are battle only and need items to do so fan seem to have calmed down somewhat. Hopefully this will turn out like the Gen V haters.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I....what. Regular Mawile has 85 base attack. With huge power thats the equivalent of like 220 base attack (590 total attack). WHAT. I really hope its mega form has lowered attack.

Like..the designs are nice and the concept is...okay....but if its just an excuse to make certain Pokemon overpowered...no...I'm not behind that. Adaptability + Fighting STAB...really Gamefreak?

I'm guessing they'll have a rather certain jacked up stat and then another very low stat for something else, to try and balance them out. I think it's still too early to decided whether or not they'll be overpowered.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
    Lucario still has the same type, the Fire/Fighting was a typo by Serebii.

I don't think all the Mega stages will be fan favorites...now if so then Rayquaza should get one as it got voted the favorite mascot back in Gen V...

I highly doubt Legendaries will get mega evolutions.
    And I'm glad...Lucario will still be a dragonslayer then.

These new Megas might also have expanded movesets, of course, almost all pokemon will, aside from the choice few...Since they'll of course be releasing new moves, and new tms.
    I wonder what moves will be TM and what moves will be Move Tutor...but that's a different thing.

Back to the point at hand will the movesets be expanded beyond the introduction of new moves for megas. They're supposed to be powerful versions, so why not?

And I just noticed the new thing about Mid-Battle transformations. I don't really think burst mode, as in essence, all digivolutions are pretty much mid battle in the anime.
    Now, it's more like the games, where normally you can only digivolve at the farm. But, you have Evolution items that allow you to temporarily digivolve in the middle of a battle. That's what it's copying.

So then, what will be the triggers? How will these items work? Will it be some sort of, Super Saiyan transformation, triggering at critical? Or do you have to have the stone in your item bag and USE it on the pokemon? What then, will the stone be a one-shot item, or will it be continuous use? Will the stones all be specialized, working only for that species of pokemon? Or do you just need one stone for all the ones capable of Mega-Evolving?

Back