• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • Gen III had the most creative names IMO, the others are alright but not upto that standard. Generation VI so far has impressed though, more than Gen V did at this point.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Gen III had the most creative names IMO, the others are alright but not upto that standard. Generation VI so far has impressed though, more than Gen V did at this point.
    It sure did, a lot of them I had to look up the origin to know where they came from.

Yeah, this generation does have some pretty creative names beyond Talonflame that is.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It sure did, a lot of them I had to look up the origin to know where they came from.

Yeah, this generation does have some pretty creative names beyond Talonflame that is.

Talonflame is the one that sticks out for me as not so creative too, although like I said the majority of names that they're come up with for this generation is impressive. Some of my favourites are Swirlix, Fennekin, Inkay, Clauncher and Vivillon.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • I think I might be the only being in the world who actually likes Talonflame's name. ._. I don't mind that it's just two words put together. Makes it sound like a flaming, fiery falcon. I'm surprised that it's more "hated" than something like Helioptile. I said that name out loud once and looked stupid not knowing if I'm pronouncing that correctly.

Maybe it's because I don't have a standard for names. Actually, I lie, I do. Seel is a stupidly simple name. Also, this is pretty off topic when this isn't really apart of anything involving this month's CoroCoro, lol. .-.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Lots of people are annoyed by looking at Absol? Whoop dee doo! I do as well. I personally don't think it even needs those wings. What are they for?

He reminds me of one of those edgy "dark angels" that people like to spam all over DeviantArt and call their original characters. "Hey my Absol is a dark angel who wants to destroy the world!"

No offense to anyone on DA, but why does an Absol have to be a dark angel? Oh well, at least it isn't Eevee's mega evolution! And it isn't neon colored either.

But I think Mega Kangaskhan is the worst design. So what they're saying is that Kangaskan's baby only developed when exposed to a mega stone!? How does that even-

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Lots of people are annoyed by looking at Absol? Whoop dee doo! I do as well. I personally don't think it even needs those wings. What are they for?

He reminds me of one of those edgy "dark angels" that people like to spam all over DeviantArt and call their original characters. "Hey my Absol is a dark angel who wants to destroy the world!"

No offense to anyone on DA, but why does an Absol have to be a dark angel? Oh well, at least it isn't Eevee's mega evolution! And it isn't neon colored either.

But I think Mega Kangaskhan is the worst design. So what they're saying is that Kangaskan's baby only developed when exposed to a mega stone!? How does that even-

Pokemon logic. Don't question it.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years

Absol is considered to be a sign of Omen, bad luck, misfortune, etc. It's something stated in the anime, and I think in its pokedex entries in the games. So obviously it's going to be depicted as a Dark Angel.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Anime logic does not equal game logic, ever. And I know Absol is all about bad omens, but what does that even have to do with a dark angel?

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Anime logic does not equal game logic, ever. And I know Absol is all about bad omens, but what does that even have to do with a dark angel?

Dark Angels, sometimes known as Angels of Death, bring misfortune and demise to all who see them.
    Absol represents everything they do.
    And Im not talking about anime vs game, it's the same in both.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think I might be the only being in the world who actually likes Talonflame's name. ._. I don't mind that it's just two words put together. Makes it sound like a flaming, fiery falcon. I'm surprised that it's more "hated" than something like Helioptile. I said that name out loud once and looked stupid not knowing if I'm pronouncing that correctly.

Maybe it's because I don't have a standard for names. Actually, I lie, I do. Seel is a stupidly simple name. Also, this is pretty off topic when this isn't really apart of anything involving this month's CoroCoro, lol. .-.

I actually like Talonflame too, though one has to admit it's not creative xD.

blue

gucci
    Years

It's not that I don't like the name Talonflame because it suits what it is, the only thing is that its just two words put together when there are more creative names in this generation.

Years
  • I remember when I first came across info about Mega Evolution and my first reaction was one of excitement. I guess I just like change and this seems like an interesting change Gamefreak has introduced so far for Pokemon X and Y!

The Mega Evolutions that have been shown so far have been good in my eyes. I really like the black and red coloration of Mega Blaziken. But, out of all of them, Mega Ampharos has really grown on me especially all the artwork I've come across depicting its fabulousness!

Of course, it seems kind of unfair that not all Pokemon are receiving this change but I guess it's for the best. It'd probably take too much space to have form changes for that many Pokemon. And perhaps they are saving some for the next generation?

On the new Pokemon introduced, I took an instant liking to them. Dedenne is pretty cute being a Pika-clone though I don't really see that much connection to Raichu as some have said. Skiddo is also cute. Bunnelby looks pretty derpy but it's the good kind of derpiness.

Gosh, I can't wait for more information about Mega Evolution and other things for next month!

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Personally, I don't like the idea of the mega evolutions although I may always change my mind once I've got the chance to actually use them and get used to them.
    As it's something which was unexpected and something original for a brand new gen game, I can totally understand why they've been introduced.

As is the general consensus, I'm liking the look of mega Absol but I'd much rather have seen normal evolutions for some of them. Absol and Mawile could've quote easily just gone with a standard evolution to improve them.
    As I mentioned though, I may end up like them once I get used to them.

Back