• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I hope those aren't all if it's real as there's no Gen VI megas on there...

That list is missing 4 confirmed Pokemon. Its obviously not all of the Megas. We don't know if any of the others on there are even for becoming Megas or if there is some other meaning behind the picture. Its a set of 6, so I can assume its a team of 6 Pokemon that is going to be used for some battle event.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That list is missing 4 confirmed Pokemon. Its obviously not all of the Megas. We don't know if any of the others on there are even for becoming Megas or if there is some other meaning behind the picture. Its a set of 6, so I can assume its a team of 6 Pokemon that is going to be used for some battle event.
    I meant all of the others. However I don't think that'll be all either.

I hope that Metagross and Hydreigon also get Megas if the other Pseudo's do get one each like the rumor says.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If I was going to have to say one from each Region it would be: Scizor, Zoroark, Gengar, Milotic & Staraptor since they seem to be the fan favorites and I can picture them gaining Mega Evolutions of some sort.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I hope Scizor gets one so finally it's actually stronger than Scyther in BST.

Also why Staraptor? The other regional birds need it way more. This reeks of favoritism inside GF.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I....don't know what to think about this whole thing. I hope it'll turn out better than expected. I've been looking forward to X/Y so much and I don't want this to ruin everything for me. Personally, I'd rather all Pokemon have their own Mega Evolution, or else it won't be fair at all. And why do those said Pokemon get Mega Evolutions? Why so special? I want answers...

Years
  • And Speed boost Blaziken takes a few turns to get going.
    and MegaMewtwo's ability may or may not be useful depending on how much sleep moves are used in ubers this generation.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • And Speed boost Blaziken takes a few turns to get going.
    and MegaMewtwo's ability may or may not be useful depending on how much sleep moves are used in ubers this generation.

While Insomnia may be a random ability, it is actually extremely helpful against Darkrai which is famous for its Dark Void. Mewtwo has never really had a problem dealing with Darkrai, though. Aura Sphere will take care of it no problem. And, Darkrai is one of the very, very few sleep users in Ubers, so really it's solely meant for countering Darkrai's Dark Void.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • For those who dislike the Mega Evolution concept I think its great that Mega Evoltuions are optional and reversible, its a great way to try it out but it not being a mandatory and permanent feature in the evolutionary lines.

Sirfetch’d

For those who dislike the Mega Evolution concept I think its great that Mega Evoltuions are optional and reversible, its a great way to try it out but it not being a mandatory and permanent feature in the evolutionary lines.

Pretty much this and the fact that it is DIFFERENT. Every generation you have people complain that evolution methods aren't growing as fast as the games and now finally we have something that is totally new and we don't know what to expect. This is going to be game changing and for the people who do see that it isn't something they enjoy those can just simply choose to ignore this in-game and play regularly.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    The following is an image which lists all of the upcoming Mega Evolutions that are going to be introduced, whilst this has not been confirmed it yet seems very plausible for those Pokémon to receive a Mega Evolution upgrade. They're pretty iconic!

Spoiler:

I would like to see the dragon types megas; they are my favorites, specially salamence, I hope they give a mega to druddigon too. Ofcourse, we still have to wait until more information is revealed or when the games are finally launched.

e3

Years
  • I think that image was translated and it was proven that it has nothing to do with Mega Evolutions
    Plus, Mewtwo and Absol is missing.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Now that I think back, Mega Evolutions are starting to grow on me. It would be nicer to have Mega Evolutions for Pokemon that don't evolve though. At least they'll become more usable for people who don't use Pokemon without evolutions.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Pretty much this and the fact that it is DIFFERENT. Every generation you have people complain that evolution methods aren't growing as fast as the games and now finally we have something that is totally new and we don't know what to expect. This is going to be game changing and for the people who do see that it isn't something they enjoy those can just simply choose to ignore this in-game and play regularly.

I was under the impression that people thought evolution methods were growing too fast!

I'm still not entirely sold on Mega Evolution. Its value for me is mostly in alternate designs for Pokémon, but aside from the standard "loldigimon" comparisons, I have two problems with the concept:

- It implies that pokémon with these Mega forms will not be evolved again: it limits future design
    - WHY WASN'T NORMAL AMPHAROS THIS COOL

I guess they're only going to give these forms to pokémon they accept to be fully evolved anyway, but I'd really rather have had new Absol / Mawile evolutions than temporary, vaguely superior forms. I'm glad they're not giving Mega Evolutions to all current pokémon.

Years
  • I see the fossil Pokémon gaining MegaEvolutions as they pretty much look fully evolved and seem to be treated as such...that includes Aerodactyl and Relicanth (the living fossil)(now it can become more powerful without gaining a permanent evolution which would contradict it's dex entry).

Years
  • At first I was a bit taken aback by the Mega Evolutions and didn't know what to think, but now I think that they are such an ingenious way of refreshing some of the older Pokémon to give them a new lease of life without just simply giving them a pre-evolution or evolution.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to exploring what they do, and which ones mega evolve! I think the issue is that people will moan and say how all of the Pokémon games are rehashes of each other, and that they don't change, and then when Game Freak does something as mind-blowing and game changing as this, they hate it and say that there is too much change! -_- Make up your minds, fans!

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2013
    With the new type match-up chart, I hope that fairy is weak against flying but strong against dark to balance out the legendaries

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • With the new type match-up chart, I hope that fairy is weak against flying but strong against dark to balance out the legendaries

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

I haven't thought very much about the Fairy-type and how it would affect the metagame. There was a rumour that Fairy-type was weak against Fire-type moves - has that been confirmed/debunked yet?

Personally, I think the introduction of a new type was long over due (even if I still wish it was called Light-type - not that it matters too much). Personally, I hope it is weak to Poison-type.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    My thoughts are that Nintendo and GameFreak may be trying to fuse the Trading Card Game and the Video Games, or at least make them very similar. My reasoning for this is that in the TCG, there is the basic stage(I will use Blaziken's evolutionary line for this example) Torchic, Combusken, and Blaziken, but it does not end there. There are also EX Cards that can be placed on top of Blaziken, the final evolution. But does anyone freak out if this happens in the TCG? No, because it has been in the TCG for quite a while, so people are used to them, but put that idea in the VG and suddenly, the VG and the TCG are a bit closer. I don't think that Nintendo is trying to make Pokemon more like Digimon, instead, they are trying to bring together the TCG and the VG, two different ways of playing with people, whether you know them or not.

On a side note...LEDGES DO NOT COMMAND US ANYMORE!! Screw the Mega Evolutions(I think they're pretty cool)!This is where it's at! I see a ledge? That area isn't inaccessible, thanks to the help of my friend, GOGOAT! Trainers worlwide rejoiced at hearing this(I know I did)!

Last edited:
    Back